i have an issue sending messages. when i try to send a message and try to attach an audio it tells me that i have exceeds the limit and it wont let me send it. the audio im trying to send is 300kb in size. i call nextel customer service and they told me to try crackberry.com that maybe there they have found something to fix the problem. can someone help me?
    06-26-09 03:06 PM
    LMAO!!!! at least they know where to look......

i know there is a limit on the file size that you can send.... i dont remember what it is at the moment, give me a few and i will look for it
    06-26-09 03:11 PM
    Nice to hear CS is finally admitting that the real answers are found here and that they dont have them. Like a breath of fresh air instead of the usual BS they have passed out in the past.
    06-26-09 03:22 PM
    Here is the info off of Sprint site.

You can send up to 512KB of total content in each message, in any combination of pictures and audio recordings. File sizes will vary depending on origin, length, and format.
    06-26-09 03:24 PM
    but the person you are sending to mayhace a lower limit
    06-26-09 03:45 PM
    picts are a limit to 160k...
    06-26-09 03:46 PM
    i have tried to send picture, audio and video to different carriers and it gives me the same result. i even tried sending it to myself and nothing happened. can someone please help me?
    06-30-09 01:23 AM
    are your setting set to "always" for MM reception and auto rertrieval?
    06-30-09 06:22 AM
    are your setting set to "always" for MM reception and auto rertrieval?
    Yes i do. before i had the blackberry i was able to send any size of messages with with i930 smart phone.
    06-30-09 08:44 AM
    And here's something important you need to know:

Many mail type services do not send binary files as binary attachments, they send them MIME encoded, which means that the size of the converted text attachment is very slightly higher than 4/3 of the size of the binary image or sound file you started with. So you don't get 512kb, you get 3/4 of that.
    06-30-09 09:42 AM
    And here's something important you need to know:

Many mail type services do not send binary files as binary attachments, they send them MIME encoded, which means that the size of the converted text attachment is very slightly higher than 4/3 of the size of the binary image or sound file you started with. So you don't get 512kb, you get 3/4 of that.
    so what can i do ?
    07-01-09 12:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD