Hi - I'm hoping someone might help with this issue. I've had the latest op system for a while (.204).

I was using the standard precision sprint theme, and the home icons would update automatically when you had a new msg (w/the little red asterisk) on both the msgs and sms/mms icons. I also had Weather eye that would also update.

A while ago I used Alex's Idenberry theme which I loved, but the home screen icons would never change, and I got a lot of Java error msgs. The only time I would see a different icon (w/the msg indicator) would be if I pressed the BB button. Also on Weathereye it was the only time I could see a different icon. Going back to the home screen wouldn't change the weathereye icon, the only thing that will make it change on the home screen is if I press BB button, move it, exit to home. Weird.

Anyway, I bought another theme and the same thing happened, so I figured it had something to do with Plazmic version as some others have mentioned here.

Except now, I'm back to using the Precision sprint theme that came w/the phone, that worked before, but now even after batt pulls the home screens don't update to show when I have a new msg. I can only see their changed state if I press the BB button. Same w/weathereye.

I can't imagine it's a setting because the only thing I done is switch themes. I've done bat pull for 5-10 minutes, as well as soft resets etc. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks so much for your help!
    06-29-09 09:54 AM
    If it were me I would use DM to remove the themes other than the default ones that came with the BB then do a battery pull.
    06-29-09 10:22 AM
    Hi - I'm hoping someone might help with this issue. I've had the latest op system for a while (.204).

I was using the standard precision sprint theme, and the home icons would update automatically when you had a new msg (w/the little red asterisk) on both the msgs and sms/mms icons. I also had Weather eye that would also update.

A while ago I used Alex's Idenberry theme which I loved, but the home screen icons would never change, and I got a lot of Java error msgs. The only time I would see a different icon (w/the msg indicator) would be if I pressed the BB button. Also on Weathereye it was the only time I could see a different icon. Going back to the home screen wouldn't change the weathereye icon, the only thing that will make it change on the home screen is if I press BB button, move it, exit to home. Weird.

Anyway, I bought another theme and the same thing happened, so I figured it had something to do with Plazmic version as some others have mentioned here.

Except now, I'm back to using the Precision sprint theme that came w/the phone, that worked before, but now even after batt pulls the home screens don't update to show when I have a new msg. I can only see their changed state if I press the BB button. Same w/weathereye.

I can't imagine it's a setting because the only thing I done is switch themes. I've done bat pull for 5-10 minutes, as well as soft resets etc. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks so much for your help!

Sounds like something got corrupted. I've used Alex's Idenberry theme since day 2 after he made it with only the very rare blip. My notifications all work well.
    Try a wipe of the device, then restore back to pre-idenberry restore.
    Then reload the theme if you wish. If problems continue you may need to find the thread on JL_Commander and do a complete OS wipe.
    I don't think you'll need to go to the last resort tho.
    06-29-09 10:38 AM
    Ok thanks guys, I really appreciate your help, maybe I'll give the OS wipe a try tonight when I get home. Although I'm a little scared about that though!
    06-29-09 10:44 AM
    its easy...... just remember to backup and backup your 3rd party apps!
    06-29-09 11:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD