Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
12-11-09 11:59 AM
76 1234
tools
    I just tried the update OTA, and am now stuck with the white screen...I don't know what to do at this point...
    try to wipe it.... or goto a sprint store

did you get an error????
    04-04-09 12:25 PM
    try to wipe it.... or goto a sprint store

did you get an error????
    No error, just a white screen...i'm scared to touch it haha
    04-04-09 12:28 PM
    wow. update complete already! everything seems to be working fine. i'll keep you posted...
    04-04-09 12:28 PM
    well it has been a while and i dont know of a fix for this yet. is it showing any blinking icons or just stuck? might need a battery pull. approx how long has it been since the update began?
    04-04-09 12:30 PM
    well it has been a while and i dont know of a fix for this yet. is it showing any blinking icons or just stuck? might need a battery pull. approx how long has it been since the update began?
    It's been about a half hour...i'll try a battery pull and see what happens
    04-04-09 12:34 PM
    I got this error this morning, tried it twice, no luck. Had to take the BB into the Sprint repair shop, they could not get it to work. I was also having a USB connection problem, was very touchy (kinda like my mother in law).

They ended giving me a brand new 8350i, complete with the update. I have lost a few apps but I did back them up first.............
    04-04-09 12:35 PM
    Pulled the battery and it now says "patching OS" 1/4....weird...i'll post back in a few
    04-04-09 12:38 PM
    i just emailed michael mcconnell to get an update. if i hear anything bake i will post it up.
    04-04-09 12:39 PM
    oh well damn if i knew it was only 40 mins i would have said give it another ten!
    04-04-09 12:50 PM
    after messing with it for a while all seems to be good. it won't let me restore any of my old info though so maybe that's a sign that it's the desktop manager? i'm just gonna say to **** with 4.7 and take my chances not backing up since i have to start from scratch anyways. maybe when 4.8 comes out i'll try again but it seems to me that the dm was at fault like some others are saying.
    04-04-09 12:53 PM
    A battery pull seemed to work, it's back to updating again, lol
    04-04-09 01:16 PM
    Update complete....Iv'e noticed the echo is gone...all my apps were exactly where I left them....
    04-04-09 01:27 PM
    That is great arai!!!!! If we can only confirm more of these sucess stories we will be all set.
    So just to get it straight, all you did was a wireless upgrade via your phone and did not back anything up? I do not have dm installed where I'm at and just want to try it and fix the damn echo issue.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-04-09 01:51 PM
    That is great arai!!!!! If we can only confirm more of these sucess stories we will be all set.
    So just to get it straight, all you did was a wireless upgrade via your phone and did not back anything up? I do not have dm installed where I'm at and just want to try it and fix the damn echo issue.

Thats exactly right Vivid...I didn't back up anything, but I made sure I was in WiFi. I had a little scare with the screen going blank, but after JLJ suggested a battery pull, it went back to updating, and now everything is money. I hope other people have this same success if they try OTA too. I didn't even have to move any apps around or anything. Even my ringtones and what not are all the same.
    04-04-09 01:55 PM
    Beautiful, I think I will wait for a few more sucess stories...haha
    My issue is: I cannot make my browsing WiFi due to my BES (pos).
    Tht shoul slow me down quite a bit.
    04-04-09 02:11 PM
    after messing with it for a while all seems to be good. it won't let me restore any of my old info though so maybe that's a sign that it's the desktop manager? i'm just gonna say to **** with 4.7 and take my chances not backing up since i have to start from scratch anyways. maybe when 4.8 comes out i'll try again but it seems to me that the dm was at fault like some others are saying.
    well this is an official update issue that has been present since i have been here on crackberry. with every release i have seen numerous amounts of members falling in to this situation. i would have to say that it may just be the dm having a few little bugs because after a try or two this works itself out. most of the time i have seen this work with no problems. i have wiped and reloaded my device a number of times and this was a sort of shock. the initial update went well but because i had some theme issues i tried to update my theme and the dm went back to update for the os and there is when i canceled and got an error. afterward the dm didn't even recognize my phones pin. i had to select connection options to get the pin active again and that is the only reason i think the dm wont re-connect after a bad install! to be honest i dont think you'd even have to wipe the device if the error indicates re trying the update!
    04-04-09 02:12 PM
    I've gotten my apps back (finally), seems to be working ok, sent myself a test text message, arrived within 30 seconds.
    04-04-09 03:02 PM
    texts seemed slower when i first tried but now they are blazing!
    04-04-09 03:03 PM
    Since update last night most small bugs seem to be fixed.

Unfortunately it seems as though something new is happening.

Every time I am using Desktop manager to transfer apps, files, media etc. My Curve 8350i reboots.

First comes a "Fatal error has occured" in the middle of a transfer on the Desktop Manager Screen.

At the same time, the curve completely shuts off (exactly like a hard boot) red led comes on and takes the phone 2 minutes to restart.

Now, oddly enough the files that I attempted to transfer actually end up on the Blackberry. Weird!

So just wanted some input if anyone had any ideas as to what this could be. I called Sprint/Nextel this morning explaining everything and the guy kinda chuckled and said
    "Well, if the apps end up on the phone, lets leave it alone, no point in making a huge deal out of this if the ultimate goal is achieved". That is what he said.

Also, completely out of the realm of this topic but It is driving me nuts. I recently upgraded my home wireless router to a Linksys WRT160N- "N" class router.

Everything in my home works perfect and much faster data transfer, except of course the BB. The BB finds the network and tries to connect but fails after I type in my passphrase. My security on the router is set to WPA, the BB does not offer this type of security, so they (linksys) told me to use PSK security )pre shared key).

It never works, cannot connect to my home network, tried everything anyone with some insight on this would be super cool.

Evertyhing, including the BB all worked with my old Linksys Router WRT54G "G" class, using WEP-which the BB supports.

I tried switching everything back to WEP with no luck.
    04-04-09 03:43 PM
    everything loaded fine all apps still there and working and im using desktop manager 4.3 i just have never updated it and everthing loaded fine, i did lose all my test message but thats not a problem.. Text is working about as good as nextel text messages have ever worked....

To the people that think any update to the phone will make your text work all the time you are going to be waiting a long time because its not the phone and never will be the phone!!!! its NEXTEL
    04-04-09 03:55 PM
    Well, I figured I would wireless upgrade through the phone and it says unable to send request for available upgrade. Anyone hear of this? Also, the current version says 4.6.1.83 is this the first ever version?

Last edited by V1V1D; 04-04-09 at 04:54 PM. Reason: wrong message
    04-04-09 04:48 PM
    Well, I figured I would wireless upgrade through the phone and it says unable to send request for available upgrade. Anyone hear of this? Also, the current version says 4.6.1.83 is this the first ever version?

That is the first version of the software.

I don't believe OTA came into play until .128, so you're going to have to use a cable.
    04-04-09 07:36 PM
    Thanks John,

04-05-09 06:53 AM
    Since update last night most small bugs seem to be fixed.

Unfortunately it seems as though something new is happening.

Every time I am using Desktop manager to transfer apps, files, media etc. My Curve 8350i reboots.

First comes a "Fatal error has occured" in the middle of a transfer on the Desktop Manager Screen.

At the same time, the curve completely shuts off (exactly like a hard boot) red led comes on and takes the phone 2 minutes to restart.

Now, oddly enough the files that I attempted to transfer actually end up on the Blackberry. Weird!

So just wanted some input if anyone had any ideas as to what this could be. I called Sprint/Nextel this morning explaining everything and the guy kinda chuckled and said
    "Well, if the apps end up on the phone, lets leave it alone, no point in making a huge deal out of this if the ultimate goal is achieved". That is what he said.

Also, completely out of the realm of this topic but It is driving me nuts. I recently upgraded my home wireless router to a Linksys WRT160N- "N" class router.

Everything in my home works perfect and much faster data transfer, except of course the BB. The BB finds the network and tries to connect but fails after I type in my passphrase. My security on the router is set to WPA, the BB does not offer this type of security, so they (linksys) told me to use PSK security )pre shared key).

It never works, cannot connect to my home network, tried everything anyone with some insight on this would be super cool.

Evertyhing, including the BB all worked with my old Linksys Router WRT54G "G" class, using WEP-which the BB supports.

I tried switching everything back to WEP with no luck.

Ok, Comcast replaced the modem and oddly enough both of my 8350's now connect to my home wifi network with a linksys N class router. I do not see how this can be related, but somehow it is working. I understand this may be confusing becuase I am not listing the fix, but I assure you the BB wifi would NOT connect prior to the modem replacement.
    04-19-09 04:55 PM
    when you replaced your modem, did you have to reset your router???
    04-19-09 05:06 PM
76 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD