Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
12-11-09 11:59 AM
76 1234
tools
    Hopefully RIM will act on it quick.....I'm anxious to update this thing but won't until I know the OTA works okay.
    ya tell me about it... i just backed up my 3rd party apps, JUST IN CASE i get 507 or 561 again
    04-04-09 09:49 AM
    Casper, have you gone back to the old OS? If so, are you going to try the OTA method? Just curious. Because if you are, I'll let you be the pig (guinea, that is)!!
    04-04-09 09:51 AM
    Click on my link and this is the FIX for your issue. The USB issue. Even with some Xp's proven it works. If it doesnt PM me i will Ts further with u
    LOL, you quoted me, I am not having any trouble upgrading. I want to help those who are. I recommend NOT using 4.7 DM or OTA to upgrade your devices.
    Last edited by exelant; 04-04-09 at 09:56 AM.
    04-04-09 09:54 AM
    Casper, have you gone back to the old OS? If so, are you going to try the OTA method? Just curious. Because if you are, I'll let you be the pig (guinea, that is)!!
    lol yes i am on the .128 OS. im not gonna do anything till i hear from mike or danny
    04-04-09 09:54 AM
    The 507 error means that you have successfully wiped your device and it is ready to recieve the new OS. This is a normal condition after a device has been wiped, and you now need to instigate an OS load.
    This is from the complete ugrade guide:

The wipe process detailed in Step 7 completely removes all OSes from the device, resulting in a '507' error. This is normal (relax). If your DesktopManager / AppLoader does not recognize the device and allow you to load the OS, please follow this link : BlackBerry 101: How to Reload the Operating System on a Nuked BlackBerry | CrackBerry.com Please do not skip Step 7 in the process, as it is the entire backbone behind this install process. This step makes this process a clean install and all of the other steps are built entirely around it to ensure you have backups of your data and applications. Also, to avoid any unnecessary headaches, make sure your Berry is connected directly to your PC via USB, not through a USB hub! If the above method does not help in connecting to the device, reboot your PC and attempt the same process.

BlackBerry 101: How to Reload the Operating System on a Nuked BlackBerry | CrackBerry.com

The proper upgrade guide is in my signature. However, for the newer members, I recommend using the 101 upgrade guide and Desktop Manager 4.6.

BlackBerry 101: How to Install or Upgrade to a New RIM BlackBerry Operating System (OS) | CrackBerry.com
    04-04-09 10:04 AM
    The 507 error means that you have successfully wiped your device and it is ready to recieve the new OS. This is a normal condition after a device has been wiped, and you now need to instigate an OS load.
    This is from the complete ugrade guide:

The wipe process detailed in Step 7 completely removes all OSes from the device, resulting in a '507' error. This is normal (relax). If your DesktopManager / AppLoader does not recognize the device and allow you to load the OS, please follow this link : BlackBerry 101: How to Reload the Operating System on a Nuked BlackBerry | CrackBerry.com Please do not skip Step 7 in the process, as it is the entire backbone behind this install process. This step makes this process a clean install and all of the other steps are built entirely around it to ensure you have backups of your data and applications. Also, to avoid any unnecessary headaches, make sure your Berry is connected directly to your PC via USB, not through a USB hub! If the above method does not help in connecting to the device, reboot your PC and attempt the same process.

BlackBerry 101: How to Reload the Operating System on a Nuked BlackBerry | CrackBerry.com

The proper upgrade guide is in my signature. However, for the newer members, I recommend using the 101 upgrade guide and Desktop Manager 4.6.

BlackBerry 101: How to Install or Upgrade to a New RIM BlackBerry Operating System (OS) | CrackBerry.com
    ya i know.... what does 561 mean???? sprint dont know.

in order for me to get .128, which is an older OS, back on my BB i had WIPED with JL 5-6 times and crackmem at least 3 times. ALL RESULTING in the 507 but still could not put any OS on. i dont know how i got it to work and i am witing to hear from danny or mike, so i dont have to go through all that again
    04-04-09 10:08 AM
    ya i know.... what does 561 mean???? sprint dont know.

in order for me to get .128, which is an older OS, back on my BB i had WIPED with JL 5-6 times and crackmem at least 3 times. ALL RESULTING in the 507 but still could not put any OS on. i dont know how i got it to work and i am witing to hear from danny or mike, so i dont have to go through all that again
    Did you use DM 4.6? your problem is one I think is associated with using 4.7. I'm also not sure about 561 - but you should have been able to use the nuked berry instructions to load your OS. I'd give it a go with DM 4.6, and the 101 instructions - and not doing an additional wipe with jl - apploader does a wipe as part of the upgrade and the additional wipe is not critical.
    04-04-09 10:13 AM
    Did you use DM 4.6? your problem is one I think is associated with using 4.7. I'm also not sure about 561 - but you should have been able to use the nuked berry instructions to load your OS. I'd give it a go with DM 4.6, and the 101 instructions - and not doing an additional wipe with jl - apploader does a wipe as part of the upgrade and the additional with is not critical.
    many people have had successful updates and wipes with the 4.7. i dont think it was a DM issue
    04-04-09 10:14 AM
    dont get me wrong, i am glad someone is tiring to help, thank you. but i think this has happened OTA also.......
    04-04-09 10:16 AM
    it shouldnt be this common. but i also think that there are some who might have done something wrong. when i did my update i unchecked a couple of things and then i went back to update my theme and didn't realize that the dm was warning me about an update until it was too late and then i hit cancel and got thrown off by a mile!
    04-04-09 10:22 AM
    dont get me wrong, i am glad someone is tiring to help, thank you. but i think this has happened OTA also.......
    LOL, no worries, but I have been doing these for a couple years now and am giving you advice based on that experience. Others are reading this. If you don't want to give it a try, that is fine and I don't take it personally. I only recommend you try it - do a search: ".7 upgrade problems"

i have found that 561 is not a Rim error code. here is what Rim has to say about 561:
    misread as Error 561

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Doc ID : KB12485
    Last Modified : 12-02-2008
    Document Type : Support

Print this page

Environment
    BlackBerry devices

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Overview
    The BlackBerry device has an hourglass on the screen, and eventually displays the following error message:

Error 561

In this case, Error 561 may actually be Error 507. On some BlackBerry device models, the 0 and the 7 together appear as a "squished" 61. To determine if this is the case, check to see if the circle of the 6 has a slash through it. A normal number 6 does not have this, but a 0 does.

If it is determined that the error displayed may be Error 507, refer to KB02792 for further troubleshooting steps.

It should be noted that both Error 507 and Error 561 are valid error codes for the BlackBerry device. However, on certain BlackBerry devices, one may be confused for the other, due to the way the error is displayed.

the error is actually the 507, and my advice stands.
    04-04-09 10:23 AM
    it shouldnt be this common. but i also think that there are some who might have done something wrong. when i did my update i unchecked a couple of things and then i went back to update my theme and didn't realize that the dm was warning me about an update until it was too late and then i hit cancel and got thrown off by a mile!

This is very true, lol.

You guys, 507 happens when you use jl or crackmem to wipe. Trust me on this, use DM 4.6 and the 101 upgrade guide and you WILL be successful.
    04-04-09 10:26 AM

i have found that 561 is not a Rim error code. here is what Rim has to say about 561:
    misread as Error 561

Doc ID : KB12485
    Last Modified : 12-02-2008
    Document Type : Support

Print this page

Environment
    BlackBerry devices

Overview
    The BlackBerry device has an hourglass on the screen, and eventually displays the following error message:

Error 561

In this case, Error 561 may actually be Error 507. On some BlackBerry device models, the 0 and the 7 together appear as a "squished" 61. To determine if this is the case, check to see if the circle of the 6 has a slash through it. A normal number 6 does not have this, but a 0 does.

If it is determined that the error displayed may be Error 507, refer to KB02792 for further troubleshooting steps.

It should be noted that both Error 507 and Error 561 are valid error codes for the BlackBerry device. However, on certain BlackBerry devices, one may be confused for the other, due to the way the error is displayed.

the error is actually the 507, and my advice stands.
    ya i saw that also, but mine was 561....then after the first JL wipe i had 507... and i was thinking to myselfe "this is gonna be a piece of cake"..... 3 hours later...lol
    04-04-09 10:26 AM
    ya i saw that also, but mine was 561....then after the first JL wipe i had 507... and i was thinking to myselfe "this is gonna be a piece of cake"..... 3 hours later...lol
    I know it, lol. you know, you can instigate an OS load from crackmem, this will do the additional wipe and go right to the OS load and eliminate the risk of the 507. I will pm the steps to you, it works very well, Casper. You will be amazed.

For now, just assume the error code you received was a vesion of the 507 - because it was.

Here's a link for everyone to the Rim solution page
    View Document
    04-04-09 10:34 AM
    I`m getting an error that I don`t have enough space on the device using the 101 update guide and I can`t go no further.
    04-04-09 10:57 AM
    NOT running WIN7

NOT trough a HUB
    i understand... Just give it a try ... if you dont have anything else to do. On the other hand i am not running hib too. What ever extra USB includes in hte PC, it is recognizable as a HUB without having a HUB... just an FYI
    04-04-09 11:18 AM
    i understand... Just give it a try ... if you dont have anything else to do. On the other hand i am not running hib too. What ever extra USB includes in hte PC, it is recognizable as a HUB without having a HUB... just an FYI
    i know thats why i am hooked up in the back.... to the MB
    04-04-09 11:21 AM
    I`m getting an error that I don`t have enough space on the device using the 101 update guide and I can`t go no further.
    Are you using 4.6 Desktop Manager?
    you can get it here:
    https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...93E4F3BB068C22
    04-04-09 11:34 AM

what i would like is for everyone that has had a problem updating to the .204 OS, please post here what your error code was (if you saw one) (if you did not see one, please give a description of what had happened), where you got the update at (the DM, RIMs website, Sprint, BB,com, wherever) and if you got it from a link someone posted, please post that link.

my error "reload software: 561"
    RIM.com
    not be be a **** or anything, but i wanted this thread to show the people at sprint that there is a problem with the update. could you guys please start another thread to TROUBLESHOOT any problems that you have, and just post here the error, where you got it from and about how long into the update when you got the error...... thank you

by the way if you look at post 1 thats where the quote came from
    04-04-09 11:41 AM
    Are you using 4.6 Desktop Manager?
    you can get it here:
    https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...93E4F3BB068C22
    Yes, I thought someone would ask that so I got 4.6.

The device does not have sufficient storage space to accommodate your selections please select fewer optional applications

..and I`m only selecting the system software and nothing else.
    Should I try getting the older software?
    04-04-09 11:57 AM
    after a night's sleep i got up early to try the 101 thing before my 1130 appt with sprint service. i got it to reload the original software and i'm going a different route and updating the phone wirelessly since it's available now but wasn't yesterday. i'll keep you guys posted. it says it could take up to 2 hours which should take me pretty close to my scheduled appt.
    04-04-09 12:01 PM
    Yes, I thought someone would ask that so I got 4.6.

The device does not have sufficient storage space to accommodate your selections please select fewer optional applications

..and I`m only selecting the system software and nothing else.
    Should I try getting the older software?
    i got that same message once or twice before i got it to work. close it and restart. it might take a few tries
    04-04-09 12:02 PM
    I downloaded the update from blackberry.com yesterday afternoon and got "a fatal error has occurred" with the please try again. Then when I did try again, that would just pop up immediately. I was using dm. 4.7. When I called sprint tech support, she said that's the best site to download from, not sprint.com.
    04-04-09 12:15 PM
    i got that same message once or twice before i got it to work. close it and restart. it might take a few tries
    Thanks...kept on trying, pulled the battery, tried again...it worked....I think I`m on the way to un-bricking this thing

I`ve come to the conclusion though that if you have tons of apps like I did, upgrades are "at your own risk"...if the echo problem is fixed this will be my last.
    04-04-09 12:17 PM
    I just tried the update OTA, and am now stuck with the white screen...I don't know what to do at this point...
    04-04-09 12:20 PM
76 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD