I've posted about this before and others have indicated that they just called Boost and asked for this setting to be changed. Well, I've called Boost support about 100 times over the last 3 months hoping to find someone who can help but none of them can.

Does anyone have an 8350i on Boost that rings more than 3 times (approximately 15 seconds)? This really sucks. Looks like I will probably have to sell the phone and move to MetroPCS if I can't get this solved.

HELP!!!
    06-30-09 07:30 PM
    well i dont know if boost offers a ring extension, but nextel does. it is called ring time extesion. so give boost a call and ask for that.
    06-30-09 07:57 PM
    its funny,but after my BB got bricked,im suffering the same thing.

i was walking and the phone didnt even vibrate or ring. all of a sudden i heard the messenger ring and say i just missed a call or got a voice mail. and yes service was fine. i'll have to check taht boost request though.
    06-30-09 08:47 PM
    I've scoured the net and it looks like this is a known-issue with Boost. Only a few phones possess the capability to adjust ring time. If you don't have one of these phones, then you must deal with it.
    07-01-09 07:29 AM
    Yeah, that'll be crap.

The number of live rings (actually number of seconds) before a call is forwarded to voicemail has nothing to do with the handset; it's a parameter in the MTSO, retrieved from (probably) the HLR for the line in question.

Boost's system may not have any way for them to *set* that parameter in Nextel's HLR/LIDB, because they're an MVNO, but it's got nothing to do with the handsets.

I have to call my Nextel people today anyway; I'll ask them for the service code for extended ring time, and maybe having the code will help the Boosties.
    07-01-09 10:43 AM
    the ring is not a code that you can just install in a service book. it has to be "turned on and added to the account". on my bill it shows that i have "ring time extension" price, included....
    07-01-09 10:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD