Why is it that every theme I have tried except for the default theme from VZW causes memory leak?

Is this a Storm issue, or a theme issue?

If there is another thread that already addresses this, I am sorry, as I did search but could find nothing.

Doug
    08-24-10 12:57 PM
    It is an OS issue. Your phone will leak memory even if running no programs. Apps and themes cause a faster memory leak and the rate it leaks varies from app to app. You can try updating the os as anything higher than .328 from verizon hold memory A LOT better. .419 and .797 were some of the better more stable releases. It won't stop memory leaks but it will slow them down. You should look up the thread "resolving memory issues" as it will help you get rid of a few things in the OS to give you more available memory. When I had my s1 I would boot up with almost 45MB of available memory before I installed my games and other stuff.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-24-10 01:46 PM
    i am running mini bar theme from jaxjon and honestly there is no leak.....
    08-24-10 03:16 PM
    I am running the .862 hybrid from Lyricidal without the 6.0 files...

I tried the mini-bar theme, liked it, but grew tired of it and I was looking for something new...

I am now using the "Noble Hidden Icons" that I got from the BBAPP store. Memory leak with this one is BAD! I like the theme, but not the leak!
    08-24-10 03:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD