Now available! The iPhone Simulator - by BlingBerry Themes
    10/21/2010

Buy now from CrackBerry: The iPhone Simulator - by BlingBerry Themes

Features:

- The first theme with a real updating calendar icon included.
    - Over 50 custom designed icons.
    - Custom notifications you won't find anywhere else.
    - Three-pane homescreen.
    - Amazingly accurate and detailed dialog boxes and menus.
    - The most accurate iPhone theme on the market, period.

-------------------------

Coming Soon! The iPhone Simulator - by BlingBerry Themes
    10/20/2010

Hey all,

So after releasing the wildly successful 'iPhone Simulator' for the Storm and other 480x360 devices, I've spent the past few weeks porting it to the Curve 8500 and 9300 series of devices.

If you're familiar with my work from AppleBerry, you know that when I tackle a theme, I go all out. BlingBerry Themes spares absolutely no expense in development, and now that I have a few people working with me, we were able to do some really incredible work.

Even if you despise the iPhone, you have to admit that the UI is very nice. I wanted to replicate this as closely as I could, and I've done some very experimental work to accomplish my goals. I put the whole theme under a microscope and worked on every little detail.

Obviously creating a touch interface on a non-touch device presents some interesting design issues, but I feel that I've done an adequate job porting the user experience over.

Anyway, it's not out yet, but I do need a handful of beta testers. If you're interested in testing, respond with your:

- Device model and OS version.
    - Email address, preferably in: username [at] provider [dot] com format. (to hide your email address from spamming internet robots!)

I'll make my selections later today. All beta testers get a free copy of 'The iPhone Simulator' once it's released.

Thanks!

Cheers,

Andrew
    Last edited by hastings; 10-21-10 at 05:53 PM.
    10-20-10 03:19 PM
    The iPhone Simulator - Product Tour

So it all starts with the homescreen. I knew that I had to knock this portion of the theme right out of the park, so I made sure to do things right. In keeping with the iPhone, you have sliding screens. A lot of thought and debate went into figuring out the best way to allow the user to transition these screens. We didn't want anybody to have to worry about overscrolling and accidentally changing screens, so we implemented a click. When you're navigating on the main bottom dock, scrolling left or right off the dock causes the bottom icons to slide left/right, revealing an arrow icon (shown above) indicating that you can proceed to the other screen if you click on it. The animation is super smooth, and looks absolutely awesome.

The left screen slides over to reveal your "Today Area". If you're a BlackBerry user, chances are you do a lot of messaging, email, and calendar planning. Rather than giving you more icons than you have a use for, I've created a one stop shop for everything you want to see at a quick glance. A gray underlay appears when you select a list item, that way if you're using a bright background you can still read your messages.

The right screen keeps things simple, slide over in that direction and you can enjoy your favourite background without having to worry about things getting in the way.

That's not all. Having a totally authentic iPhone experience should go deeper than the way the homescreen works, I wanted to do something that no other theme has done yet. Take a look at that calendar icon above. Notice the date? Yup, it auto updates. This is a real dynamically updating calendar icon. It's included with the theme.

Now how about those icons? I lost track of how many weeks I spent working solely on icons for this theme. The iPhone OS is very much "icon based", so I knew they had to be the best on the market. The theme comes with over 50 custom icons, designed by myself.

Check out that BrickBreaker icon at the top in the second shot, how cool is that? Most themes skip icons like that.

In the interest of full disclosure, I should mention that those folder icons do not update based on what is inside. I investigated it, but it's simply not possible. I decided to include them regardless, they look great, and they do show the default icons that should normally be in the folder. In fact, for the "Downloads" folder I created iPhone icons specifically for some of the best selling applications, the odds are pretty good you have a few of them on your phone already.

Let's dive into some folders and check out the rest of the icons. Again, I went all out and made sure to create icons for every icon in these folders. I especially like the "Tasks" icon, probably one of my favourites.

You also get a good idea for what the notifications look like. They're all custom made, totally original notifications that you won't find anywhere else. They look and work great.

Menu's and dialog boxes are one area where nearly every iPhone theme on the market has done a less than stellar job. Mostly because it's hard to accomplish the look given the BlackBerry design limitations.

Well, forget those limitations. A ton of work went into designing these dialog boxes, buttons, and slide up menus. Notice the way the "Delete" and "Cancel" buttons have a reflection that cuts right through the text? Or the way the word "Help" appears under the reflection on the menu? I'm proud to say that I've figured out how to overlay reflection effects on the dialog boxes and buttons. It's a subtle detail, but it looks really good. These are authentic iPhone style dialogs and menus.

I even went ahead and skinned the top "Find" bar to make it all match.

I just wanted to show the reflection effect again, notice the way the "Profiles" text cuts through the reflection? Heck, even the Options menu looks great. I coloured every menu with a nice subtle gray, this will also appear in your Messages folder and while typing emails.

Now is probably a good time to mention that the top bar, fonts, battery and signal meters are totally iOS 4 accurate. They look and work really well, and I even skinned the "WiFi" signal meter for those of you making calls over UMA. (although this meter is not shown in the picture)

The call screens are pretty self explanatory. I wanted to keep them nice and clean. I use large fonts for important information such as who's calling, and how long you've talked for. The volume meter is also totally skinned.
    10-20-10 03:20 PM
    I'd like to test. It looks great so far.

Sprint Curve3g 9330, running 5.0.0.913

njl1287 AT gmail DOT com
    10-21-10 02:07 AM
    I'll test for sure

Verizon Curve 3g 9330 running 5.0.0.857

drewblal16 AT yahoo DOT com
    10-21-10 04:16 PM
    this theme is sick id love to test this! johnnypv87 at gmail dot com
    10-21-10 04:47 PM
    Hey all,

It's out! Thanks to the volunteers. (=

Check the first post for more info.
    10-21-10 05:54 PM
    ahmad_ms13@hotmail.co.uk ahmad_ms13@hotmail dot co dot uk

thanks in advance
    11-25-11 11:32 AM
    Now available! The iPhone Simulator - by BlingBerry Themes
    10/21/2010

Buy now from CrackBerry: The iPhone Simulator - by BlingBerry Themes

Features:

- The first theme with a real updating calendar icon included.
    - Over 50 custom designed icons.
    - Custom notifications you won't find anywhere else.
    - Three-pane homescreen.
    - Amazingly accurate and detailed dialog boxes and menus.
    - The most accurate iPhone theme on the market, period.

-------------------------

Coming Soon! The iPhone Simulator - by BlingBerry Themes
    10/20/2010

Hey all,

So after releasing the wildly successful 'iPhone Simulator' for the Storm and other 480x360 devices, I've spent the past few weeks porting it to the Curve 8500 and 9300 series of devices.

If you're familiar with my work from AppleBerry, you know that when I tackle a theme, I go all out. BlingBerry Themes spares absolutely no expense in development, and now that I have a few people working with me, we were able to do some really incredible work.

Even if you despise the iPhone, you have to admit that the UI is very nice. I wanted to replicate this as closely as I could, and I've done some very experimental work to accomplish my goals. I put the whole theme under a microscope and worked on every little detail.

Obviously creating a touch interface on a non-touch device presents some interesting design issues, but I feel that I've done an adequate job porting the user experience over.

Anyway, it's not out yet, but I do need a handful of beta testers. If you're interested in testing, respond with your:

- Device model and OS version.
    - Email address, preferably in: username [at] provider [dot] com format. (to hide your email address from spamming internet robots!)

I'll make my selections later today. All beta testers get a free copy of 'The iPhone Simulator' once it's released.

Thanks!

Cheers,

Andrew
    11-24-13 04:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD