I have a new Blackberry Curve 3G with AT&T and things are quite a bit different than my previous Curve which I also had with AT&T. I think I had a different OS version. I had a pagefull of icons which I could move around the way I wanted. Now apparently I have only 1 row of icons at the bottom and if I want to see all my icons I need to click the menu button. Fine, but how do I change the default icons that show up on the home screen? What if I don't want to see the "Media" icon and something else instead?

I couldn't find the option anywhere...

Help!

Thanks.
    02-18-11 03:40 PM
    It is usually the first set of icons on the full menu/all icons screen
    02-18-11 03:46 PM
    You had the old curve which had the 3 themes Today, zen, and icons. The newer BB's don't have those themes preinstalled anymore (I think there may be a way to unlock them) The theme you have now is probably the one on OS 5 which is what I had until I upgraded to OS 6 (Verizon) which Totally ruined the BB interface imo with the "Tray" setup. Im Now using the Slate theme and it works great and makes me not want to get rid of this phone
    02-18-11 03:51 PM
    Indeed, thanks for the tip. I didn't realize the home screen was actually displaying the first row of icons from the "app" screen or whatever the second screen is called.

As for OS 6 I prefer to wait until it gets stable enough and endorsed by AT&T on my phone model which it isn't yet. As far as I'm concerned it's more about the apps anyway, rather than the OS. And the data plan...
    02-18-11 04:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD