HELP!

I just downloaded the "Clarity Theme For Blackberry" from the Blackberry App Store. I did it over the air. When I download it, it downloads the whole thing without any errors. Then it says "Installing" and it installs it. So it shows that it's installed correctly. But when I go to options and try to change the theme, it doesn't show up in the list. I know its properly downloaded because I went to the applications list in options and it was there. Can someone please help me find a way to use this theme? I've tried to download it on 2 different Blackberry Curve 3G's, and it won't work.

Here's a link for the application:

Free Clarity theme for BlackBerry - Download Clarity theme for BlackBerry - Free Themes from BlackBerry App World

P.S. I have the Blackberry Curve 3G 9330 for Verizon.

It says that the Blackberry 9330 is supported. It also says that OS5 and higher is supported, and I have OS6. It supports all countries and carriers.
    Last edited by colbyo; 07-17-11 at 03:34 PM.
    07-17-11 03:17 PM
    No need to shout.

Do you have the correct OS version on your phone for the theme?
    Is the theme compatible with your exact model number?
    07-17-11 03:20 PM
    I have everything that the theme says is needed. I have OS6, and it asks for OS5 or higher. I have the 9330, and it says It supports that. And all carriers are supported.
    07-17-11 03:23 PM
    Probably not compatible with 6.0 is the most likely cause.

Try a different theme.
    07-17-11 03:29 PM
    It's made by RIM, so it definitely works for OS6. I think the issue is that it doesn't work on Blackberry Curve 3G. And I really need this theme because it makes everything simple, and my dad doesn't know how to use his blackberry.
    07-17-11 03:33 PM
    Why do you say that it works for 6.0 because it's "made by RIM"?

Obviously it's not compatible if it's not showing up on the themes list.
    07-17-11 03:36 PM
    It does show it as being supported, but that could be an inaccuracy.

Have you tried rebooting the phone by pulling the battery out? Also, try to delete the theme and then install again. After it installs dismiss the successful install pop up and then wait, it should recognize a new theme has been installed and ask if you wish to activate it at that point.
    07-17-11 03:37 PM
    Why do you say that it works for 6.0 because it's "made by RIM"?

Obviously it's not compatible if it's not showing up on the themes list.
    If you check the listing, it shows that it is compatible, that is where the OP is getting the information from.
    07-17-11 03:38 PM
    It says 5.0 or higher, but I wouldn't automatically take that to mean 6.0.
    07-17-11 03:39 PM
    I've made several attempts to pull the battery, and to delete and re-install. I will make an attempt to "dismiss the successful install pop up". I'll let you know how this goes.
    07-17-11 03:42 PM
    No luck
    07-17-11 03:53 PM
    I'm gonna make an attempt to do a tethered install. Never done this before so It might be a little confusing.
    07-17-11 03:53 PM
    It says 5.0 or higher, but I wouldn't automatically take that to mean 6.0.
    Exactly.. App World is full of things that say they are compatible when in reality -- they're not. :/
    corazon009 likes this.
    07-17-11 03:57 PM
    Yeahh. Tried every approach to installing it. It's not working. The information on the app world may be wrong, because I found a user guide for this theme. But it's for OS5. http://docs.blackberry.com/en/smartp...001-5.0-US.pdf

and I also found a comment on the Blackberry Official Blog that said "Do you know when the Clarity theme will be available for OS 6.0 ?"

Clarity Theme for BlackBerry Smartphones Inside BlackBerry - The Official BlackBerry Blog
    07-17-11 04:17 PM
    Anyone have a theme suggestion? I need it to over simplify the blackberry.
    07-18-11 03:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD