Today I've got to play around with an iphone and I have to say it is like night and day. There was no freezing, everything was smooth and seamless, and the battery (on edge, but still) was just as good as my phone.

Is there anything I can do to my Curve 9330 that can make it close to the iphone's performance. I know blackberry will never get as many apps but surely there is something I can do to make it as smooth as the iphone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-01-11 09:45 PM
    Yes, trade it in on an os7 device.

10-02-11 10:46 AM
    Yes, trade it in on an os7 device.

I've only been on contract for about 6 months. I can't upgrade yet and I do not have the money for full retail. So that is out of question. BEFORE OS7 what was done to get a blackberry up to the smoothness of an iphone. The iphone I was talking about was a 2nd Generation iphone so if I'm correct it's older then my 9330, yet it overrules it in performance.
    10-02-11 10:00 PM
    I'm using OS 5 instead of 6 and my 9330 is a lot faster and no freezing.. It gets things done.. I suggest going to OS 5 and shrink your OS and that should do it..

10-03-11 12:20 PM
    I've been considering that. What are the disadvantages of doing so?
    10-03-11 08:43 PM
    I've been considering that. What are the disadvantages of doing so?
    No Webkit browser, for starters.
    10-04-11 12:32 AM
    Well I figured that. If Opera 6 will be as fast on OS5 as it is on OS6, then I am sure I can manage that. I get tired of checker boarding anyways. The biggest thing that I know I will miss at the moment is Universal Search. I will have to rely on the google search app for that.
    10-04-11 06:32 AM
    I understand, the universal search is the only thing I like about OS 6.. Everything else can go really the tabs in the default theme drive me insane.. Who thought of that and said that was cool.. I think its to cluttered and laggy, besides with universal search you don't need to have separate tabs for things IMO... I hate the web kit especially on the curve series.. Its looks great on the torch and bold touch but on a curve its too small and zooming in and out is crazy to me.. You can barely read anything with out moving the track pad up and down left and right.. That's too much to do to read something on a web site! So that's why I stick with OS 5 the column view is a precious feature for me and I actually use it, the pages I go on are mostly mobile base pages anyway. If I need the full site I pull out my ipod touch or pc, much better experience for me.. OS 5 is a work horse though, I get my emails, facebook notifications, texts, mms, and calls with out problems.. No lags no freezing it multi tasks just fine for me.. Plus you get more ram memory for apps and personal storage..

10-04-11 12:18 PM
    mmmmmm

good Luck
    10-04-11 12:21 PM
    I understand, the universal search is the only thing I like about OS 6.. Everything else can go really the tabs in the default theme drive me insane.. Who thought of that and said that was cool.. I think its to cluttered and laggy, besides with universal search you don't need to have separate tabs for things IMO... I hate the web kit especially on the curve series.. Its looks great on the torch and bold touch but on a curve its too small and zooming in and out is crazy to me.. You can barely read anything with out moving the track pad up and down left and right.. That's too much to do to read something on a web site! So that's why I stick with OS 5 the column view is a precious feature for me and I actually use it, the pages I go on are mostly mobile base pages anyway. If I need the full site I pull out my ipod touch or pc, much better experience for me.. OS 5 is a work horse though, I get my emails, facebook notifications, texts, mms, and calls with out problems.. No lags no freezing it multi tasks just fine for me.. Plus you get more ram memory for apps and personal storage..

The universal search is awesome!! I've gone as far as not using themes before just because they don't work with universal search so that will be a big loss to me. The tabs I've tried to get used to but honestly they annoy me to death. Why would you put something like that on anything besides a touch screen?

But the biggest issue with webkit on my curve is that it can be slow at times and checkerboarding is very annoying. I have no issue with the zooming I just click on text to zoom into it. App memory will be great for me because I use a lot of apps anyways.

I keep trying to download OS5 but I keep getting server maintence errors. I'm gonna try it again in a minute. But if universal search is pretty much the only thing I'd lose that really matters, then the benefits out weigh the consequences and as soon as I can I'm downgrading.

10-04-11 05:06 PM
    The universal search is awesome!! I've gone as far as not using themes before just because they don't work with universal search so that will be a big loss to me. The tabs I've tried to get used to but honestly they annoy me to death. Why would you put something like that on anything besides a touch screen?

But the biggest issue with webkit on my curve is that it can be slow at times and checkerboarding is very annoying. I have no issue with the zooming I just click on text to zoom into it. App memory will be great for me because I use a lot of apps anyways.

I keep trying to download OS5 but I keep getting server maintence errors. I'm gonna try it again in a minute. But if universal search is pretty much the only thing I'd lose that really matters, then the benefits out weigh the consequences and as soon as I can I'm downgrading.

You can blame that on the relatively slow CPU
    10-04-11 06:06 PM
    Well Opera runs fine on it so I will begin to use that on OS5...as soon as RIM's servers let me download it without disrupting the download.
    10-04-11 07:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD