It would make for an interesting concept with a full touch device that could have a magnetically coupled keyboard that switches your screen 1:1 aspect ratio while the keyboard is in place. When not in use can be removed for the full touch screen experience.

Thoughts?

Posted via CB10
    01-20-15 10:12 PM
    Why not just get a passport, best phone on the planet, if you like keyboards get a kb phone if you like touch get it.
    01-20-15 10:16 PM
    Not a bad idea, if you mean it sticks onto the bottom half of the screen. Would be great for texting. Love keyboards, but love big rectangular screens.

Posted from my red Z10
    Last edited by Heath Coggan; 01-21-15 at 02:46 AM.
    01-20-15 11:10 PM
    Great idea imo, I started designing something like this this last year, but not magnetic, and my son made fun of it and I didn't finish it. If there's enough interest I may start it again, I was thinking of sharing it with Mr. Chen if he shows any interest
    01-21-15 02:38 PM
    Great idea imo, I started designing something like this this last year, but not magnetic, and my son made fun of it and I didn't finish it. If there's enough interest I may start it again, I was thinking of sharing it with Mr. Chen if he shows any interest
    You must have blackberry's attention by now. I think there is some real good ideas you are working with. I'd love to work on a new product dev for them.

Posted via CB10
    Ziro1 likes this.
    01-21-15 07:31 PM
    Something like that would be cutting-edge and amazing! Providing it had a practical design, I believe people would get behind it! I would!

Z10 (STL 100-3) with vitamin 10.2.1.3337
    01-21-15 08:14 PM
    Z30 with a magnetically coupled keyboard... Yah or Ney-crackberry-image.jpg
    Ziro1 concept.

I think if you used a high strength magnetic bar on either side of the blackberry keyboard centered front to back of the device you could use the opposite side of the phone to store it with keyboard upside down when reversed. The round magnetic bars when seated and keyboard on screen for use would mate with same design bars on the edge of the device and blend in. Would also blend in when stowed on other side.

Posted via CB10
    01-21-15 08:29 PM
    I'm pretty sure BlackBerry lodged a patent about a year ago regarding a solo keyboard that looked like it slid on, which is quite similar to what your describing minus the magnetic parts. I'd be all over it if they did release it, but it would be annoying to constantly put on and take off. You'd end up losing the thing.
    How about a leather flip case for the z30 which had a hinged leather cover and a hinged keyboard with a magnetic latch, so when you want to use it, you could flip it on, when you don't it'd be part of the flip case.

Posted via CB10
    01-22-15 02:23 AM
    Chen did say he was going to launch one concept device per year.

You never know.

Posted via CB10
    01-22-15 07:54 AM