06-18-14 03:24 PM
69 123
tools
    Really hope the real thing is at least a little smaller than that. I was hesitant about the z30 size but this is on another level

Posted via CB10
    06-06-14 08:56 PM
    Really hope the real thing is at least a little smaller than that. I was hesitant about the z30 size but this is on another level

Posted via CB10
    Look at the width of the finger next to your baby finger. The Q30 is that much wider and shorter.

Posted via CB10
    06-06-14 09:14 PM
    Well it's certainly better looking than previous pictures show. Hope it's real
    06-07-14 04:55 AM
    This is just a fanmade mockup. The article had been updated!
    DYLANHABKIRK likes this.
    06-07-14 05:13 AM
    This is just a fanmade mockup. The article had been updated!
    Moderators need to move this post to the BlackBerry Concepts & Dream Devices sub forum.

Nice prototype and photoshop work on the screen but No Ports or No Volume rocker should have given it away.

Trust me, the CB crew would have already posted this in the news section already if it was a real leaked image.....
    DYLANHABKIRK likes this.
    06-07-14 09:08 AM
    Never mind

Posted via CB10
    06-07-14 10:51 AM
    I hope these pics are fake. I think the whole concept of a square phone with a square screen and a small crunched keyboard is ridiculous. purpose built for what? I keep reading that. What purpose would a square phone with a square screen and keyboard serve specifically? Most all phones now have a rectangular screen which is purpose built for internet page viewing and when horizontal for viewing movies, pictures and videos. Phones are made the way they are today for many purposes. So what are those new purposes I can't see to figure out. Making a phone like that to be different is stupid if it is not useful. BlackBerry cannot afford to make any more mistakes and cannot afford to look stupid to people that are already reluctant to even look at them.
    06-07-14 02:18 PM
    OMG what an eyesore. I'll be sticking with my Q10.
    06-07-14 02:30 PM
    Ever heard of a tablet you know the ones that are big and square. Think about it

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    06-07-14 03:57 PM
    I hope these pics are fake. I think the whole concept of a square phone with a square screen and a small crunched keyboard is ridiculous. purpose built for what? I keep reading that. What purpose would a square phone with a square screen and keyboard serve specifically? Most all phones now have a rectangular screen which is purpose built for internet page viewing and when horizontal for viewing movies, pictures and videos. Phones are made the way they are today for many purposes. So what are those new purposes I can't see to figure out. Making a phone like that to be different is stupid if it is not useful. BlackBerry cannot afford to make any more mistakes and cannot afford to look stupid to people that are already reluctant to even look at them.
    The pictures above, as implied by the new thread title ARE indeed fakes. Homemade.

The device is for a specific market. In all probability, this device is going to be marketed to health care, and power positions. It's a tool, not intended for just for pleasure.

Posted via CB10
    06-07-14 04:48 PM
    This isn't the real deal... it's a concept, but most people just jump to conclusions rather than read over a forum post that's barely four pages... right...?

Posted via CB10
    06-07-14 04:49 PM
    There is a reason why JC has been cracking down on leaks (though this isn't a leak, it's a homemade mockup). The reaction is the same: People see prototypes or unfinished models or homemade mockups and they look like garbage, then people overreact and swear off the device entirely

Posted via CB10
    DYLANHABKIRK likes this.
    06-07-14 05:50 PM
    Looks like ****!!
    06-07-14 07:40 PM
    I'm pretty sure that we've seen some real pictures of some developer models and I'm pretty sure I've seen a picture of the real deal, and then we see this model which looks to me to be very similar to what I believe to be the real deal only they have thrown on some ugly wight rubber keys on top if these are all just fakes by some random guys here, they seem to be going to a whole lot of trouble just to miss lead the people here. Just wondering what they get out of it.

Posted via CB10
    DYLANHABKIRK likes this.
    06-07-14 08:16 PM
    If these are all just fakes by some random guys here, they seem to be going to a whole lot of trouble just to miss lead the people here. Just wondering what they get out of it.

Posted via CB10

The OP of this thread indeed try to pass them off as 'real'

However, the actual creator of the fake model was clear that it was for show purposes, not intended to be taken seriously.

You can see their post on a previous page. Shamefully, many people like the OP of this thread find it acceptable to mislead others.

But I agree with a previous statement: people see these early models, and assume the worst, rather than think rationally.

Posted via CB10
    06-07-14 08:49 PM
    The q10 has a square screen. So do all the Bolds and Curves. You sound like those phones never existed, or at the very least, they didn't have a purpose. This new phone will fit in just fine with the rest of the family.
    06-16-14 01:18 AM
    Most all phones now have a rectangular screen which is purpose built for internet page viewing and when horizontal for viewing movies, pictures and videos.
    Are they?

I've got a Z30. In portrait orientation it is not wide enough to fit the enire width of a web page (few are designed to reflow in a form factor agnostic manner (as originally intended by the 3WC), these days), or pdf, and be comfortably readable, whilst the height is pretty much wasted; serpentining away, far past what the eye can take in at once -- Meanwhile, in landscape, it's like reading through a letterbox - almost useless.

Heck - I find the 9cm of the PlayBook too narrow to read off, in portrait, and as such remain unsure whether the Windermere screen is big enough, still -- the difference in resolution between the devices may help - we'll see...

I happen to think that Apple's decision to go with 3:4 for their tablets, was a good one; one taken from a document-reading point of view, and speculate that 1:1 may well be a very good tradeoff, presenting you with a nicely (comfortably) balanced amount of content and "forward anticipation" (if that expression makes sense); IF the physical area is large enough (I.e: the Q10 is too small - like a little stamp-sized looking-hole, that you need to move around in both axes, to see the whole page).

(I only (laboriously) browse the web on the Z30, when I haven't got the PlayBook with me - it's just too tiny).

I'd dare say that we've got 16:9 only to accomodate full screen video.
    06-16-14 03:29 AM
    I have 47 year old eyes, use reading glasses for normal print reading, and have absolutely NO issues reading documents and Web pages on my Z10, let alone the GIANT screen of the Z30.

You mention that it is a "laborious " experience for you? Are you legally blind? Try the Accessibility menu under Settings:
    Windermere 'Q30' - (Mockup)-img_20140618_132917.png
    Windermere 'Q30' - (Mockup)-img_20140618_132820.png

Posted via CB10
    Dave Bourque likes this.
    06-18-14 02:31 PM
    That is the exact issue I pointed out as "laborious", above: The need to zoom and zip around partial views of the page, instead of seeing it more or less in its entirety.
    Vertical scrolling is ok, for a majority of documents, as long as there is an amount of vertical viewing area that is well balanced to the content and its layout (and this does not include detailed figures that stretches beyond it), but when a full column of text does not fit horisontally (...and touch targets become minuscle), we're no longer reading; we're peering through a keyhole.
    (EDIT: As for 16:9 landscape; It really annoys me greatly, when I have to scroll down from the head of the page, just to get to the headers -- much less the body text. Am I asking too much? Maybe - you'll have your opinion on the matter, as I have mine...)

Some web sites have mobile versions, I'll grant you; tailored to small screens -- they are, however, most of the time so crippled and lack-lustre (I'm in no way calling for bells and whistles here; just a combination of some general eye relief, and overview), next to the "real" pages, that the "zooming and zipping" around the latter, is still preferrable to what they have to offer.

As long as a paper manual offers significantly better ergonomics than a pdf (typcally laid out for something like A5 or A4) viewed on a mobile device, as opposed to only better, I see no reason to say: "Good enough. We're done - improve no longer".
    (Reading volumes off backlit displays is less-comfortable-than-print enough, as it is, without exacerbating the matter)
    Last edited by jojon2se; 06-18-14 at 03:36 PM.
    06-18-14 03:24 PM
69 123