Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
    I wonder if BlackBerry would make a phone that would have a hidden keyboard but, smaller than the original Priv phone? What do you think?
    10-03-18 02:10 PM
    Many felt the PRIV keyboard was too "cramped" as it was... for scale, going shorter would lead to going narrower too.
    10-03-18 02:45 PM
    The Q10 keyboard seemed to work. I'm sure they could make it work for a smaller version of the PRIV.

Personally, I like the medium phone size and would love to still get a decent screen (while at the same time having a physical keyboard).

Picture a BlackBerry Classic with a hidden keyboard. I think a product like that would be Awesome!

One can dream!
    bb9900user2018 likes this.
    10-03-18 09:12 PM
    Priv 2 should come up with 3:2 aspect ratio Amoled 5.5 inch screen , so that we can get a bit wider keyboard and less taller when slided compared to Priv 2016 !
    11-02-18 01:15 PM
    No interest here. I like the size of the PRIV.
    11-02-18 04:16 PM
    While the Keyone is nice, I do prefer the Q10 and Priv over it - slightly.
    11-05-18 08:52 AM
    I was happy with the size of the Priv but dreaded it until it arrived...
    11-15-18 04:44 PM
    Many felt the PRIV keyboard was too "cramped" as it was... for scale, going shorter would lead to going narrower too.
    HP Pre³ had a small PKB that was faster to type upon and that due to the curved array and key layout. The straight across BlackBerry PKB is doomed to displease... the smile shape of the rows is very ergonomically sound.
    11-15-18 04:47 PM
    HP Pre³ had a small PKB that was faster to type upon and that due to the curved array and key layout. The straight across BlackBerry PKB is doomed to displease... the smile shape of the rows is very ergonomically sound.
    I really like the frets that BlackBerry had, but other wise I preferred my Palm Treo's keyboard (and other things). Perfect phone would have been a marriage of the best of Palm and of BlackBerry. And if BlackBerry had WebOS back in 2010... might have been a 3rd Mobile OS in the running (probable not).
    11-16-18 09:18 AM
    Not interested in a smaller Priv but I would DEFINITELY buy the Blackberry Access 2019 if it ever becomes more than a concept. until then I'll continue to rock the Priv.

https://www.thinkgsm.com/blackberry-...-release-date/
    Last edited by Trisk333; 12-04-18 at 11:56 AM. Reason: Update
    12-04-18 11:50 AM
    I wonder if BlackBerry would make a phone that would have a hidden keyboard but, smaller than the original Priv phone? What do you think?
    I think we are talking about a niche of a niche. If a slider gets another chance they are likely going to focus a display that fits the larger demand of what people want. The Blackberry brand is no longer a giant and it can no longer spin out several phones just to try something new, instead the name is a slave to market demand and are limited to how innovative they can be. The PKB (including slider) and possibly their suite of apps is about the only room they have to be different, otherwise expect the same phone experience you see everywhere else.
    Last edited by DamianWarS; 12-09-18 at 07:06 AM.
    12-07-18 08:47 AM
    A 3/4 sized Priv would be the PERFECT phone for me.

Would spent lots of hundrets of dollars for such a device!
    12-19-18 05:54 AM
    No. I had both the Torch 9800 and Torch 9810 and gave both to wife after using briefly and I returned to my Bold 9000, Bold 9700 and Bold 9900 for daily use. The VKB just felt odd to use, too small perhaps. Since I was using PKB, the slide felt less ergonomically comfortable, so full time PKB it was back to.

With PRIV larger size, the PKB felt even less convenient and I used the VKB mostly. It’s why I think you’ll never see another slider factor....
    12-19-18 02:38 PM