1. pttptppt's Avatar
    It'd improve multitasking, efficiency and you'd see all your apps on one page.
    What do you guys think?
    Who else wants landscape mode on our BB10 phones???-bb10-landscape-view.jpg
    09-13-14 07:30 PM
  2. jaydee5799's Avatar
    I wouldn't use it in landscape.....
    zephyr613 likes this.
    09-13-14 07:43 PM
  3. pttptppt's Avatar
    I wouldn't use it in landscape.....
    Wouldn't the option at least be nice? It would even lead to a playbook 2 optimized os

    Posted via CB10
    09-13-14 07:54 PM
  4. farmwersteve's Avatar
    Absolutely, and it would be great for use hdmi or mirecast to my tv

    It would make the computer in your pocket concept that much better I'd a landscape mode existed.

    Posted via CB10
    09-13-14 08:25 PM
  5. KermEd's Avatar
    I'd love it. But I'd also like themes and a better solution than the sea if iphone-like icons stuffed in the occasional folder. I'd also really like folder settings and icon location to store in backups.

    Posted via CB from my LE
    howarmat and zephyr613 like this.
    09-13-14 08:31 PM
  6. bspence87's Avatar
    Yeah, I'd love it! Especially for HDMI/mobile computing
    09-13-14 08:33 PM
  7. felipebelalc's Avatar
    It's a most have option, before apple shows this option in some forum I exposed this feature.

    Posted via CB10
    09-13-14 08:49 PM
  8. just_luc's Avatar
    Definitely should be there.. if for no other reason than when I'm in a landscape app and I close it.. the darn home screen is sitting there sideways!

    Posted via CB10
    09-13-14 08:58 PM
  9. pttptppt's Avatar
    Definitely should be there.. if for no other reason than when I'm in a landscape app and I close it.. the darn home screen is sitting there sideways!

    Posted via CB10
    And if you set rotation lock thinking that every landscape app will open in landscape, you're wrong cause the second you go to set it to landscape, because it's in portrait, it sticks as portrait.


    Btw guys, anyone notice that you can't access quick settings in landscape apps in 10.3? This would fix that inconsistency

    Posted via CB10
    09-13-14 09:37 PM
  10. eyesopen1111's Avatar
    I'd love increased landscape support! BB10 is moving in the direction of increased landscape support, but the faster the better and the more the better.

    Z-30 / STA100-5 / 10.3.0.1154 / T-Mobile USA
    09-13-14 10:57 PM
  11. ZeroBarrier's Avatar
    Take it from a previous Motorola Droid user; the Droid had 100% landscape support OS wide, it's over-rated. 80%-85% of the time you're still going to use the device in portrait, and the other 15%-20% of the times it isn't as good as you think it's going to be.

    Posted via CB10
    09-14-14 03:11 AM
  12. Matty's Avatar
    I think the landscape mode would be awesome but there is one small downside

    Q5 / Q10 / Passport / Classic / P'9983 will not be able to use it. So the majority of smartphones BlackBerry make would not support it due to the 1:1 aspect ratio.

    So I don't think it's worth it to BlackBerry.
    6 (Not Able) Vs 4 (able)

    BlackBerry 10 Wallpapers (BBM Channel) C004635F8
    09-14-14 09:11 AM
  13. jhimmel's Avatar
    Take it from a previous Motorola Droid user; the Droid had 100% landscape support OS wide, it's over-rated. 80%-85% of the time you're still going to use the device in portrait, and the other 15%-20% of the times it isn't as good as you think it's going to be.

    Posted via CB10
    Still need it. I find it annoying that when someone sends me a landscape picture in BBM I can't view it in landscape.
    09-14-14 09:17 AM
  14. Witmen's Avatar
    Take it from a previous Motorola Droid user; the Droid had 100% landscape support OS wide, it's over-rated. 80%-85% of the time you're still going to use the device in portrait, and the other 15%-20% of the times it isn't as good as you think it's going to be.

    Posted via CB10
    I respectfully disagree. This is something that will come down to invidual user preference and you can only speak for yourself on this. You may think that it is over-rated and may never use it, but I think that it is a necessity and use it all the time. In fact, I'm typing this on my OnePlus One in landscape mode.

    A lot of Android phones don't come with home screens that will auto rotate either, but I root and use xposed modules to force everything on my Android devices to auto rotate. Even if it is a third party app, it works in landscape mode or I force it too.

    I know not everyone wants to use their phone like I do, but I prefer to use landscape mode, just like you prefer to use portrait mode. Either way you slice it, having the option to decide for yourself is better than not having it.
    09-14-14 09:50 AM
  15. Witmen's Avatar
    Still need it. I find it annoying that when someone sends me a landscape picture in BBM I can't view it in landscape.
    Have you tried launching BBM from the Hub first? One of the glaring signs of inconsistency in BB10 is the fact that BBM is only locked to portrait when it is launched from it's icon.

    BBM on Android will work in both landscape and portrait. Much like it did on the Storm and Torch devices.
    09-14-14 09:53 AM
  16. just_luc's Avatar
    Have you tried launching BBM from the Hub first? One of the glaring signs of inconsistency in BB10 is the fact that BBM is only locked to portrait when it is launched from it's icon.

    BBM on Android will work in both landscape and portrait. Much like it did on the Storm and Torch devices.
    You've got Bbm working on landscape on android? On my note it works exclusively on portrait which is annoying because that's a device that I use exclusively in landscape.

    On my phone I am in portrait 95% of the time but the options would still be nice.

    Posted via CB10
    09-14-14 10:18 AM
  17. Witmen's Avatar
    You've got Bbm working on landscape on android? On my note it works exclusively on portrait which is annoying because that's a device that I use exclusively in landscape.

    On my phone I am in portrait 95% of the time but the options would still be nice.

    Posted via CB10
    Yes, I did have BBM working in landscape, but it requires root. Once rooted, you need the xposed framework and a module called app settings. With app settings, you can modify all Android applications, including revoking their permissions, changing their DPI and enabling autorotation. I don't currently use BBM on my Android devices, but when I did, every single bit of the app functioned properly in landscape mode and it looked like the feature was native.
    09-14-14 10:39 AM
  18. eyesopen1111's Avatar
    Take it from a previous Motorola Droid user; the Droid had 100% landscape support OS wide, it's over-rated. 80%-85% of the time you're still going to use the device in portrait, and the other 15%-20% of the times it isn't as good as you think it's going to be.

    Posted via CB10
    Everyone uses their phone differently, so landscape support could be more useful for some than others, and since we're talking about making it optional, a user could switch it off if it wasn't for them. I also think that the BB10 multitasking and overall layout might make for a more engaging landscape experience than is available in other OSes.

    I think the landscape mode would be awesome but there is one small downside

    Q5 / Q10 / Passport / Classic / P'9983 will not be able to use it. So the majority of smartphones BlackBerry make would not support it due to the 1:1 aspect ratio.

    So I don't think it's worth it to BlackBerry.
    6 (Not Able) Vs 4 (able)

    BlackBerry 10 Wallpapers (BBM Channel) C004635F8
    I hope Blackberry's corporate ethic would motivate them to satisfy both their all-touch and qwerty user base. And from a practical standpoint, how many BlackBerry customers have Z-series phones vs keyboard phones? I've always heard rumors that the Z's sell better, but it's probably best just to make landscape optional, so no one loses.


    Z-30 / STA100-5 / 10.3.0.1154 / T-Mobile USA
    09-14-14 11:09 AM
  19. just_luc's Avatar
    Yes, I did have BBM working in landscape, but it requires root. Once rooted, you need the xposed framework and a module called app settings. With app settings, you can modify all Android applications, including revoking their permissions, changing their DPI and enabling autorotation. I don't currently use BBM on my Android devices, but when I did, every single bit of the app functioned properly in landscape mode and it looked like the feature was native.
    Alright, but Bbm for android doesn't officially support landscape. That's what I thought. The poster above implied that it did.



    Posted via CB10
    Dave Bourque likes this.
    09-14-14 07:12 PM

Similar Threads

  1. BlackBerry on Sprint
    By SteelBerry86 in forum Sprint
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 09-24-14, 10:41 PM
  2. Full landscape mode needed.
    By Blackberry_Boss in forum BlackBerry 10 OS
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 09-15-14, 09:20 PM
  3. Z30 voicemail on T-Mobile setup problem.
    By CrackBerry Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-14-14, 07:59 AM
  4. What else does Apple store in icloud?
    By Z50 in forum Apple iPhone/iPad
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-14-14, 01:42 AM
  5. Back on that 100% to 0% battery life
    By Ayla Pnx in forum BlackBerry Z10
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-14-14, 12:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD