With so many devices out on the market giving up extra devices, which one would you buy and why? If your choices were slimed down and wanted one device from the Blackberry lineup, what would you want in hardware on this device? Now I know that's a lot of detail. Your answers can be brief or long, I enjoy the results.
    01-13-15 05:40 PM
    Thread moved to BB Concepts & Dream Devices Forum, and thread title tweaked a bit for relevance.
    01-13-15 06:10 PM
    I understand you have a job to do but when you change my originality you insult me, I didn't ask you to change my title. You took away my point of view and my right to say it in the manner that best suited its origin, moving the thread is fine but leave my titles alone. Please!
    Thread moved to BB Concepts & Dream Devices Forum, and thread title tweaked a bit for relevance.
    KCSFINEST and plasmid_boy like this.
    01-13-15 06:39 PM
    Hi. Sorry, I thought your title was a bit oddly composed. Probably because English isn't your native language?

I would want the best hardware possible for future updates.
    01-13-15 06:53 PM
    As a matter of fact French is my first language, and I tend to complicate my titles you may think it's not up to your standards and that's fine. Although I will challenge your bachelors degree in journalism, okay so it's not a debate on my literacy skills and I don't want to get booted from this site, I enjoy all the people in here and the comments are awesome. So can you kindly please change back my title.
    Hi. Sorry, I thought your title was a bit oddly composed. Probably because English isn't your native language?

I would want the best hardware possible for future updates.
    01-13-15 07:03 PM
    And in regards to hardware well yes new faster more more and more is better sure, but guess what I'm a simple kind of guy who expects function over best speeds and fastest performance perhaps more people think like I do, and that's the reason for my title software honestly I'm quite content with what we have now BBOS10.3.1, it's functional its basic and compatible with APK's will I follow suit with everyone else when something new comes out? Do we have a choice? Can we not go back to BBOS 6 it worked fine no? Technology move too quick sometimes without any thoughts into what works. The blackberry classic is a great device would of preferred 3GB ram and adreno 320 but it works great with what it has. So again my title is aimed for all who care to comment.
    KCSFINEST likes this.
    01-13-15 07:12 PM
    LOL. English is my native language and not even close to being a journalist. Not digging at you and yes I could understand what you were getting at. The mod changed the title in hopes that more that may not get it may respond with answers for you.

When I buy a PC I also like to get the best hardware at the time thinking perhaps I won't have to buy another so soon. As for APK's I feel a better faster processor, gpu and RAM would help it function better. But hey, if they can optimize the OS to do the same I hope they get too it.
    Last edited by kbz1960; 01-13-15 at 08:11 PM. Reason: typo
    01-13-15 08:10 PM
    Let's see, ill firstly address the hardware "issue"

In my device I would like,

A big battery (3,000mah +)
    A qwerty (4 Row) keyboard
    3.5 - 4.0 inch screen
    8 or 13 mp camera (OIS if possible)
    8GB storage (only use for work) (64gb SD card)
    2GB RAM
    Dual Core processor (1.5ghz - 2.0ghz)
    solid build that last me a good 3 years

NO TOOL BELT (utility belt) (function key belt)

For the software side I would like,

Buttery smooth OS (simple as that)
    I don't need all the fancy features, just want something that's functional and easy to use

Basically if the Classic had a bigger battery and did not have a tool belt. I would purchase TODAY! And quite a few of my friends as well

Posted via BlackBerry Q5 on 10.2.1.3442
    01-16-15 03:11 AM
    I would like to see a super Passport with 12 meg of RAM, 128 Gig of device Flash and support for up to 1 Tera SDXC card. Two sim slots and rounded corners.

Posted via CB10
    Christian Brunette likes this.
    01-16-15 03:37 AM
    Software? All

Posted via CB10
    01-16-15 03:43 AM
    I want to see a slider. The device would have a Q10 keyboard and a tool belt. The screen would slide up to reveal the keyboard. The screen would be 1440 x 720 and have a 5 inch diagonal. I am not sure why they never made this device.
    01-16-15 11:10 AM
    I want software with TAT enabled features.

Posted via CB10
    01-16-15 10:25 PM
    I want Xi*omi M* 4 body and specifications. But using BB10 OS. Since for software, I'm totally love the gesture only from BB10 and slab design.

So far innovation was great from BlackBerry, but sometimes I want something familiar and simple. Z10 is the best design form I like from BB, passport back cover, porsche design camera style. Yet bb not yet using metal side, still using aluminum from classic style, it didn't feel as premium as metal.

Posted via CB10
    01-17-15 02:05 AM
    In general:
    *Fat battery (fixed or removable)
    *Camera that doesn't suck
    *32 or 64GB storage onboard (plus SD card slot)
    *A good SoC/RAM setup with respects to BB's glacial hardware cycle
    *NO BELT (deal with it)
    *As few device variants as possible
    *Not too much bezel, but not too little bezel (especially on the sides)
    *A back that isn't smudgy
    *OEM holster on day one
    *Square corners are fine

If it's a full touch device:
    *Pretty much an improved (the above) Z30
    *Full touch, so no extra points of failure slider

If it's a physical keyboard device:
    *Pretty much a faster Passport
    *No 4-row/non-touch sensitive (and definitely not both) keyboard

As for the OS, I have no clue what the future will bring, but it must be prompt and not a load of crap. Do it quickly yet properly.
    01-17-15 02:30 AM
    Dual SIM card support. I would go back to Q10/Z10 specs if it meant I didn't have to choose between using Android, or carrying around two phones all the time.
    01-19-15 05:17 PM
    Just to add what others have already stated regarding the RAM, 64GB NON segregated memory. OS and User space occupy the same space. And of course the SD Expansion slot.

I will leave all the other niceties to the others as I am NOT a power user and probably would just wish for useless stuff.
    01-19-15 07:10 PM
    An implementation of Movirtue technology on consumer sets

Posted via CB10
    01-20-15 05:52 AM
    Classic-esque device with 3500 mAh battery as stock. I'll pay the price for that.
    04-27-15 12:10 AM
    A slider with a rotatable UHD screen for 16:9 video content while still holding the keyboard portrait

2 SD Card Slots, one for app data and another for music, videos, media

USB C connector and dedicated micro-HDMI port

BlackBerry 10 utilising the QNX Hypervisor to simultaneously run other platforms (android, Sailfish) decided by the user without compromise

Multiple windows of apps grouped like in WebOS

Pressing on message preview brings up new instance of originating with a drawer style animation, ready to type

Quick reply directly from the hub: a little text box appears under the message and keyboard pops up (for full touch)

Less loading times for apps such as gallery and music

Laser focusing camera a la LG G3. 240Hz 1080p video, capable of slow motion capture like the iPhone

Being able to change fonts! Having the fonts used in the android runtime match those of the native fonts!
    ART runtime for android apps!

Black UX option for all screen technologies.

Replace open existing app animation with a zoom in animation like the iPhone

Keep striving for getting WP/iOS like smoothness in animations

Swipe up Swipe down call response option like 10.2

Option to turn off the wipe-device after 10 failed passwords feature

Removable battery. Light sensitive front facing camera, large sensor back cameras.

HERE Maps

Some more ambitious stuff: BlackBerry and Sony team up/merge to make a PlayStation/Walkman certified BlackBerry with all the above and a (slideout/clip on attachment) that allows PS games to be streamed to it and can function like a PS Vta using the QNX hypervisor

I have many more ideas but I think i'm going overboard

Posted via CB10
    04-28-15 09:58 AM
    Software Side:

Just being able to support whatever is out there, so if I purchase a 200GB SD card, I would love It to work on my phone. I would also like the OS to be smooth and have no bugs

Hardware Side:

This is actually really hard because this section of the market is moving so quickly.

Qwerty Device:
    Portable size screen: 3.1" - 4.0"
    Removable Battery (this means when the device gets old, simply replace the battery and it's brand new again)

Full touch:
    Portable but having movie watching in mind (4.2" - 5")
    Removable Battery Once again, this means when the device gets old, simply replace the battery and it's brand new again)

Posted via BlackBerry Q5 on 10.3.1.2576
    05-02-15 02:25 PM
    I love my Passport. The keyboard and the display are awesome. Also love the extra RAM and Memory card.

However...I also still have an Samsung S5 for my non-work stuff.

So here are my 'wish list'...

On the software side:
    1. Amazon appstore is terrible. It would be great if we can have Google Play Services and get apps directly from Google Playstore (no, not Snap). I still prefer OS10's environment, but the reality is there are more apps in Android that need Google Play services.
    2. Blackberry Blend is awesome, but can be slow at times. Make it faster. It should also have capabilities for user to access other apps on the blackberry device (e.g. Whatsapp).
    3. Make the device fully compatible with Google Wear devices.

On the hardware side:
    1. Make it lighter and thinner
    2. I have no complain about PP's battery life, but it might make sense to sacrifice a bit of battery life if we can have a lighter and thinner phone with super fast charging time or removable battery
    3. Rounder edges like the AT&T's version

On the server/enterprise side:
    1. I really want to see if BES Internet and Suite work. Should be similar to Microsoft's strategy with Office 365. But with the focus on providing a secure work environment for Android and iPhone similar to Samsung's Knox.

Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    05-03-15 01:13 PM
    The most popular Android Apps on BB10. But needs to be NATIVE BB10 BUILT apps.

I already have the Play Store on my Z30. Works great. But I prefer Native apps instead. BB10 apps are built well. Android apps are NOT.

Posted via CB10
    05-11-15 10:43 AM
    Coming from OS5.0, till current OS10, i'm looking forward to a new generation device that packs technology from the past, pair with advance hardware from the future.

On the retro side, i would wish to see:-
    Sure-Press screens with bigger sizing.
    5incher is currently a trend, and growing bigger. But single palm handling is not friendly for those who type with one hand holding the device. Sure-Press adds a little more fun to gamers, as well as better experience to typers.

Track Pad integration adds better experience for users in camera usage as well as web browsing.
    Camera users although can use their 2 fingers to do zoom in functions, but very often may accidentally trigger the snapping function(if they have trembling fingers) or zoomed in and out too much. Using of the track pad allow users to zoom in and out in minor steps to get their perfect capture. In web browsing, the track pad also allows users to read more slowly and efficiently line by line...and perhaps page by page, which depends on the next generation of OS design where the track pad can act like a "page flipper".

Dedicated shutter button for the good old camera operation.
    As mentioned above, some folks have trembling issues when using one hand operation. When screen gets larger, it will not be easy for one to hold the device with one hand and pressing shutter button on screen at the same time. Such operation often ends up with "trembled" pictures, especially from those with small palm.Of course, some may say it'll not be an issue if hold the device with 2 hands. But... how many time will you have accidental shots with one of your finger covering the lens accidentally?

Bring back the removable batteries, unless BB can swim!
    Yeah! Call me hush! Call me rude! I don't care! Why bother to conceal the battery when your device couldn't even dip into water? It feels kind of stupid with such conceal the battery trend. When my system hangs, i would expect instant reset with battery pull. Not the current press-n-hold-power button for system reset. Removable battery also allows me to do a swift power change when phone goes flat. I wouldn't be worrying of battery bloating that will f**ked up my internals in the future!

On the future side-

Employ dedicated on board memory for OS and user accessible memory. 8GB for the OS which can also for future OS upgrading. A dedicated 4GB or larger memory for temporary user access, which includes installing apps and documents/media files allocation. When the files are created, these are stored temporarily in this dedicated memory and automatically shift to expandable memory, should there be one present. Such operation can only be done with the redesign of the OS... or the next numbers of updates.
    05-30-15 01:23 PM