Many of the posts here are "dream" devices. However, I wondered what the ACTUAL BlackBerry Q20 Classic might look like. I based this guess on the recent stream of hardware leaks we've been seeing.

If we assume BB is set on making a giant 5 inch, 1:1 aspect ratio screens for its new QWERTY devices (like the rumored Q30 Windermere), and it is also set on using the new 3 row keyboard, then its possible that the Q20 Classic will look like the WIndermere but with a toolbelt. So all I did was take the rumored BlackBerry Q30 (aka 'the giant square') and added a toolbelt to it. Below is what I got :

Is this what the BlackBerry Q20 will ACTUALLY look like?-blackberry-prototype-640x460-flat2.png

My skills are not great and all of this is just done by copying and pasting (the straightened "toolbelt" strip graphic was cut from a design by DYLANHABKIRK), so the picture quality is pretty bad, but it should be enough to get the idea.

What do you guys think? Would this make you more or less interested in the Q20 Classic?

Cheers
    Last edited by mnc76; 04-18-14 at 08:24 AM.
    DYLANHABKIRK likes this.
    04-16-14 12:06 AM
    BTW: if someone wants to redo the active frame screen, that would be cool.

On a 5 inch 1:1 screen, I would imagine you get six Q10-sized active frames on a single screen (two rows of three).

NOTE: The screen could also be 3.5". In that case, you'd likely only be able to get 4 active frames on screen.

A few people mentioned that the Q20 will have a 3.5" inch screen so this mockup is inaccurate. But note that this mockup image has no other objects (like a ruler) in it to allow you to determine any actual lengths.

So this screen could be 3.5" just as easily as it could be 5".

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by mnc76; 04-16-14 at 05:11 PM.
    04-16-14 01:22 AM
    That is one ugly device.
    04-16-14 01:53 AM
    I have to agree. One ugly deal there.

Posted via CB10
    04-16-14 02:03 AM
    @birdman and @real

LOL

I agree, but it's possible that this is what may be in the queue. I hope not!

Posted via CB10
    04-16-14 02:50 AM
    Same ^^ from what I been seeing with the cases being leaked and such. We're in for one ugly device
    04-16-14 04:22 AM
    never trust carton samples.
    04-16-14 09:29 AM
    Ugly it does look, however, function needs likely is trumping the form IF this is the device being developed in conjunction with the new health company BlackBerry recent invested in for the Healthcare professionals so that they can view their UT scans etc.

So may not even be widely available but marketed to Healthcare professionals.

Posted via CB10
    04-16-14 10:01 AM
    Yuck

Posted via CB10 with z10
    04-16-14 10:04 AM
    Q20 is gonna have a 3.5 inch screen. So this render is neither realistic or good looking.

Posted via CB10
    DYLANHABKIRK likes this.
    04-16-14 02:19 PM
    Q20 is gonna have a 3.5 inch screen. So this render is neither realistic or good looking.

Posted via CB10
    And what's the screen size on the q10?

Posted via CB10 with z10
    04-16-14 02:22 PM
    Oh no not again!!
    04-16-14 03:20 PM
    The Q20 will have a 3.5 inch screen up for the current Q10 screen of 3.1 if I'm not mistaken.

Posted via CB10
    04-16-14 04:00 PM

Posted via CB10
    This could still be accurate. The screen on this mockup is square, just like the Q20, and without anything in the mockup to show its relative size, this screen could be easily be 3.5".

The Q20 could still possible look like exactly like this, with a 3.5" diagonal screen length.

Posted via CB10
    04-16-14 04:59 PM
    Many of the posts here are "dream" devices. However, I wondered what the ACTUAL BlackBerry Q20 Classic might look like. I based this guess on the recent stream of hardware leaks we've been seeing.

If we assume BB is set on making a giant 5 inch, 1:1 aspect ratio screens for its new QWERTY devices (like the rumored Q30 Windermere), and it is also set on using the new 3 row keyboard, then its possible that the Q20 Classic will look like the WIndermere but with a toolbelt. So all I did was take the rumored BlackBerry Q30 (aka 'the giant square') and added a toolbelt to it. Below is what I got :

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	blackberry-prototype-640x460-flat2.png 
Views:	3216 
Size:	239.6 KB 
ID:	263477

My skills are not great and all of this is just done by copying and pasting, so the picture quality is pretty bad, but it should be enough to get the idea.

What do you guys think? Would this make you more or less interested in the Q20 Classic?

Cheers
    You're welcome for the "belt". This is however a tad too unrealistic. The screen is from a Windermere leak, the tool belt ripped from one of my designs.

Here's the original DHABKIRKDESIGNS.COM renderings - BlackBerry 'Classic' NEW Renders By DHabkirkDesigns

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=922534

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by DYLANHABKIRK; 04-18-14 at 12:59 PM.
    04-18-14 02:27 AM
    Sorry, I just grabbed it from a pic (apparently yours) from a Google image search (search term was "BlackBerry toolbelt"). I'll edit the original post with a credit.

I just threw this together quickly based on what we've seen. I really hope it doesn't turn out to be realistic, but I've not been impressed with recent hardware leaks (a bit horrified in fact). So I'm, unfortunately, bracing for the worst.

You can take credit for the whole thing (not just your toolbelt) if you want!

Posted via CB10
    DYLANHABKIRK likes this.
    04-18-14 08:18 AM
    Sorry, I just grabbed it from a pic (apparently yours) from a Google image search (search term was "BlackBerry toolbelt"). I'll edit the original post with a credit.

I just threw this together quickly based on what we've seen. I really hope it doesn't turn out to be realistic, but I've not been impressed with recent hardware leaks (a bit horrified in fact). So I'm, unfortunately, bracing for the worst.

Posted via CB10
    Wow that belt must have took weeks to design, so original too ;-)
    personally I think they should make it at least half the screen size, then the handful of people left on the planet who can't use a touchscreen would be whipped into a frenzy of excitement :-)
    04-18-14 08:59 AM

Posted via CB10
    No worries. I'm not saying I want credit for all of it, I'm just saying it's cool to collaborate with others, but even cooler to give credit to where you source from. I've had entire designs stolen before and people claim them as theirs. It can be annoying when you put effort into things and have people slander your work.

I like the effort you put in, and thanks for replying.

Posted via CB10
    04-18-14 12:05 PM
    The screen and the keyboard in this render are both from leak pictures of Windermere.

Posted via CB10
    04-18-14 03:24 PM
    Maybe a q3 but I doubt the q20. Z3 has that angular squared off look. So yeah maybe a q3

Finally posted from my BlackBerry Z30
    04-23-14 04:03 PM
    Maybe a q3 but I doubt the q20. Z3 has that angular squared off look. So yeah maybe a q3

Finally posted from my BlackBerry Z30
    Could be. The "classic" may very well look more "boldy" than this.

Posted via CB10
    04-24-14 07:27 AM
    That little Fatboy is awesome!

Sent from my former crackberry lovin fingiz
    04-27-14 08:19 PM