After reading a guy pretending to have a seen a huge dev device http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...device-923494/
    i just wanted to try and see how big such a 13cm x 9 cm device would actually look like (the 'witness' claimed it was huge in front of his Z10).
    (Don't laugh, i know it's a miserable try but i don't have the skills of our mock up geniuses...)
    So first of all why do i want a Q30 with such a screen estate?
    Master Chen once spoke about multitasking and the ability to run more than one app on your screen (as the Galaxy Note successfully does) and for that to be a good experience you need a taller and above all a wider screen.

To give a precise idea 13cmx9cm is about the size of an European passport (slightly taller 0,5cm, and even more slightly wider 0,2cm) so likely to fit in your pocket but let's face it you'll need two hands to use it comfortably (at least if you have normal sized hands).
    What about a 4.8" Q30 with 1:1ratio ?-aaa.jpg

By the way who would manage more than one app on screen with only one hand when it's mainly all about writing, cutting and pasting?
    What about a 4.8" Q30 with 1:1ratio ?-bbb.png
    In that format the Q30 would be more than a Q10 evolution, more like a mini PC comeback (what Palm users were to normal cellphone consumers few years ago), if i ever understood the qualification i think we could define it as the first real BB10 "prosumer" device.
    What about a 4.8" Q30 with 1:1ratio ?-ccc.png

For the specs i followed what the dev device in the post i quoted seemed to sport:
    - 3 rows of keys (with the strange border we saw on one of Blackberry's keyboard patent), the last row is for bottom end device (keyboard can't be on the edge of the phone)
    - the screen is a 1:1 ratio (3.31"x 3.31") for a 4.8" square (12,19 cm)

If anyone feels the need and has the time to do a proper photoshop mock up i would be very interested in seeing a more realistic rendering, and i think we can gain something in the top screen space (mainly to take 0,5 cm off the final size and not to gain some screen estate as i think 1:1 ratio is the signature for the Q devices)
    Cheers!
    04-15-14 07:56 AM
    Nice going. Will be interesting to see what is produced. For my tastes these phones are reaching the maximum size. The Z30 is pretty big as a phone but the screen real estate is wonderful. Can hardly wait to see the ongoing Q series devices up close and personal.
    04-15-14 08:47 AM
    we are on the same page here
    Huge phone are becoming the standard and i don't think it will lose momentum for a long time, for now on it'd rather be a consumers' choice between handy phones vs. multitasking/entertainment phones (with larger than 4" screen).
    I resisted the Z30 temptation just because i really want a physical keyboard with >4" screen, like you i can hardly wait for Blackberry's move on physical keyboard 'phablet' (even if this Q30 would be at the extreme edge of phone size segment, as i think it would fit in a pocket...a big pocket though)
    04-15-14 09:04 AM
    I'm imagining this device and the more I picture it the more I want it

Posted via CB10
    04-16-14 10:46 PM
    Don't tell me!
    I had the same feeling before Q10's launch and did the same paper mockup (hence my paper cutting skills )
    A Q30 with at least 4.5" screen is all I need now that I am convinced BB10 is far better with a physical keyboard (the reason why I passed on the fantastic Z30).

Posted via CB10
    04-17-14 07:27 AM
    Hey I'm working on a mock up right now I'll upload it hear when done

Posted via CB10 via My Q10
    04-17-14 11:45 AM
    Thanks!
    Can't wait to see what it looks like in a more realistic mock up
    04-17-14 11:49 AM
    here you go

I tried to make it as good as I can sorry for any blurriness
    Attached Thumbnails What about a 4.8" Q30 with 1:1ratio ?-crackberry-image-5-.jpg  
    The Big Picture and toneytone like this.
    04-17-14 12:22 PM
    here you go

here it is!
    good job!
    well i can't help finding it weird but i'd buy it asap if it would sport at least 4.5" screen (i still fear that blackberry chose to go for a 4" screen... this time it'd be really too little too late).
    You know what would be nice: having the Q10 side by side with your mock up to see the difference in dimension

edit:
    well, nobody laughed at me when i cut some paper so i tried Gimp... (now you can LOL as loud as you want, i deserve it )
    What about a 4.8" Q30 with 1:1ratio ?-q10-vs-q30.png
    Last edited by BroncoVAL; 04-17-14 at 03:28 PM.
    04-17-14 02:43 PM
    If they release something like this ill get it first day is out

Posted via CB10
    04-20-14 01:39 AM
    here you go

Yes please.

Q10SQN100-3/10.2.1.2228, Z30, Z10, iP5, SGS3
    04-20-14 01:43 AM