07-29-16 08:45 PM
61 123
tools
    Sounds like a passport, except permanently in place .

Posted via CB App for Android on Tab4 (interim Playbook replacement)
    09-20-15 08:25 PM
    I think there are no landscape sliders anymore because the keyboards were too wide. There's an optimal size for thumb-typing, and if you go beyond it, and make a keyboard that's too wide, it's slower to type on, because you have to move too far between the keys.

When I pull out my old touch pro 2, the keyboard is way too big. Of course, I'm sure passport owners will disagree, since it has a wider keyboard, but that's my take on it.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    09-20-15 09:35 PM
    I think there are no landscape sliders anymore because the keyboards were too wide. There's an optimal size for thumb-typing, and if you go beyond it, and make a keyboard that's too wide, it's slower to type on, because you have to move too far between the keys.

When I pull out my old touch pro 2, the keyboard is way too big. Of course, I'm sure passport owners will disagree, since it has a wider keyboard, but that's my take on it.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Right, but all the phones these days are huge. Imagine going back to the iPhone 3g days and seeing someone with a phablet. People would look at you and probably laugh. Now, even mighty Apple is caving in to huge phones. I have a feeling that things will eventually even out and folks will come back to their senses of what a phone is for. This is why BlackBerry should lead the charge in going back to a formal factor that so many liked, hence using a landscape slider, with a nice 16:9 full screen to view.

Nice.
    09-20-15 11:32 PM
    Right, but all the phones these days are huge. Imagine going back to the iPhone 3g days and seeing someone with a phablet. People would look at you and probably laugh. Now, even mighty Apple is caving in to huge phones. I have a feeling that things will eventually even out and folks will come back to their senses of what a phone is for. This is why BlackBerry should lead the charge in going back to a formal factor that so many liked, hence using a landscape slider, with a nice 16:9 full screen to view.

Nice.
    Agree. That's why I think the z10 is a perfect size. Much bigger, OK maybe up to a z30, and it's a tablet.

Posted via CB App for Android on Z10
    Bacon Munchers likes this.
    09-21-15 05:25 PM
    I am hoping the new smaller iPhone likewise motivates a flood of smaller Androids.

Notice that I said Androids. I have am not holding out anymore hope for a z10 sized updated BB10 phone. With the potential for so many of the essential/liked BB10 apps and features to now be delivered through methods similar to what Cobalt has done

(http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1059855),

and with the writing on the wall regarding BlackBerry

(c0019c5bb - although I hold out some hope of that being wrong),

I think I have resigned to getting an Android when my z10 finally dies.

However, I still love my z10 and think it is still the best phone out there for me right now. I'll be keeping it for as long as I can.

Posted via CB App for Android on Z10
    Last edited by spARTacus; 03-25-16 at 10:52 AM.
    03-25-16 09:29 AM
    Sometimes I get tired of the size and weight of the z30. I see myself getting a z10 again. Along with my soon to get passport SE, I'll have 3 devices for different likes. Don't know if I should buy a new one though or a used one.

Posted via CB10
    03-27-16 01:35 PM
    Another one bit the dust, guys.

I absolutely adore Z30, but I switched to Xperia Z3 compact yesterday.
    I chose Z3 over Z5 compact because its battery lasts longer and it is faster for everything other than browsing.

They are equals in
    - battery life, which is crucial for me. Both brand-new batteries when I received and lasts at the very least 10-12 hours if I'm on it absolutely constantly, browsing, multi-tasking, revising docs, messaging, using cameras, listening music, without putting it down once. Though once I start installing apps to make Sony equivalent to Z30 in terms of ease of use, Sony may not last as long.
    - camera. Z30 takes a second longer to focus (and often needing to tap the screen to move the focus square so it focuses where you want it to), and Z3 is far superior in dimmer lights. But z30's colours are overall superior in anything but a very dim condition. Sure, i can colour-correct z3 using their stock app or Photoshop Express, but who wants to do that.

Z30 wins in
    - ease of use BY FAR (unless you use Android apps frequently, which takes a second to boot)
    - integration
    - notification customizability. No one has it quite like Blackberry does, no matter how many apps you download. No matter HOW many.
    - screen. I know it's preference. But once you go the true black of Z30, it's hard to go back.

Sony wins in (and these were absolutely critical to me)
    - pocketability (I'm a petite 5'2". Z10 was the biggest I would have wanted to hold)
    - weight for a. I developed a pretty serious shoulder pain behind the shoulder blade from holding that thing in my hand, and b) Z30 would literally pull my pants off my hips when walking briskly.
    - compatibility with different websites: We've all experienced this, right? Some websites cause the blackberry keyboard to create an intolerable and impractical lag. I've spoken to the highest tech people I can get to in Blackberry and Telus (they both pushed each other for me), scoured Crackberry and the internet, and I found no solutions but to use an Android browser.

So I got myself an Xperia, but I'm keeping the Z30 just in case some of those are resolved in the future. I'll also be keeping an eye on BB to see if they'll make a smaller device.

P.S. How did I end up with a Z30?
    Well, I had a Z10. And when I experienced a serious lag in typing in various websites and apps including native apps and couldn't find a solution, I looked through and didn't find anyone in a similar situation. I thought it was a phone issue, so I picked up a Z30.

How did I do with the unfortunate battery life of the z10?
    I didn't. I always always carried a MyBat Powerbank. When i forget it, which was often, I would plug in at clients', which was embarrassing.
    Last edited by bacontimbit; 04-13-16 at 08:24 PM.
    04-13-16 06:41 PM
    I think a Z10 with a landscape sliding keyboard behind would be a considerable idea.
    This is my dream device!

Posted via CB10
    Bacon Munchers likes this.
    04-14-16 08:15 AM
    Like a landscape Priv?

04-14-16 07:05 PM
    I wonder if the next/new BlackBerry rumoured phones will be all touch and if they will be z10 size?

Probably not. I can always wish.

Posted via CB App for Android on z10
    06-27-16 08:34 PM
    Not really as small as I would have liked and not BB10 but hey, the DTEK50 might fit the bill for me.

07-29-16 08:45 PM
61 123