06-20-14 11:47 AM
37 12
tools
    By the way I think a curved keyboard like 9900 would be better for gaining back legacy users.
    I found it a little more ergonomic than the straight one (I naturally go easier with that curved movement to reach the central keys).
    It would fit better the tool-belt too.

Posted via CB10
    Agreed, it's a pity they're not bringing it back because that would really amplify the "Classic" part.

Posted via CB10
    Mr4aces likes this.
    06-08-14 05:18 PM
    Agreed, it's a pity they're not bringing it back because that would really amplify the "Classic" part.

Posted via CB10
    Can you give us hints on what it will look like since you've seen it?

Posted via CB10
    DYLANHABKIRK likes this.
    06-09-14 11:19 PM
    Wow i really believe he nailed it on this one. This is how its really going to look like youll see. And i cant wait

Posted via CrackBerry App
    06-14-14 11:53 PM
    I don't know that I very much like the curved keyboard. It made the device smile rather than a serious "I'm syncing your entire life securely here so use me." I do want that silver band back I was going to put one on my Q10 but I read that it even the original white band for the White Q10 were just painted white
    06-14-14 11:58 PM
    I want blackberry to get rid of that bulky top area. I know they need a logo somewhere but why not the back like apple. Or maybe the bottom. The phone would look much sleeker with a skinnier top bar.

Posted via CB10
    06-15-14 07:21 PM
    I like the camera and flash bar on the back with "classic" in the middle like the old bolds. Maybe a leather back

Posted via CB10
    06-15-14 07:24 PM
    Yes! They just don't get it, because they either don't type fast on a regular keyboard or they only use one finger (thumb). I type over 80 wpm on using a ergonomic board. If you look at some earlier BlackBerrys the curve was facing down. They changed it for a reason, because of the way your thumb pivots.

I have used straight keyboard phones they are not as fast.

Type typing 10 hours a day on a regular keyboard for a month. Then go to a ergonomic kb.
    Same here, I type faster on a curved keyboard. I'm slightly slower and more error-prone on a straight keyboard. But still nothing is as bad as typing on an all-touch slab phone, which is a horror on a level all its own. Haha.

Posted via CB10
    06-17-14 01:19 AM
    Same here, I type faster on a curved keyboard. I'm slightly slower and more error-prone on a straight keyboard. But still nothing is as bad as typing on an all-touch slab phone, which is a horror on a level all its own. Haha.

Posted via CB10
    Even BB10 touch?

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3175
    06-17-14 02:02 AM
    It was last Tuesday in London, BlackBerry Experience event. They showed a picture of the Classic.

Posted via CB10
    Cool.Any hints on q30?

Posted from my Black Beast Q10
    06-17-14 04:45 AM
    A few weeks ago, I emailed this concept I did to J Chen himself. To my surprise, he actually responded and said "Thank you Cameron You will like the Classic".

Well now it's unveiled and I do! Not far off from my interpretation. We can stop predicting now.

The Return of the Classic - V2-img_2668.jpeg
    06-20-14 01:06 AM
    A few weeks ago, I emailed this concept I did to J Chen himself. To my surprise, he actually responded and said "Thank you Cameron You will like the Classic".

Well now it's unveiled and I do! Not far off from my interpretation. We can stop predicting now.
    I fail to see the "prediction" in it when 5 people did the same mock up, a few before you, a few after. Just a Q10 with some buttons.

Anyways, I digress. The Classic is awesome, agreed.

Posted via CB10
    06-20-14 08:39 AM
    I fail to see the "prediction" in it when 5 people did the same mock up, a few before you, a few after. Just a Q10 with some buttons.

Anyways, I digress. The Classic is awesome, agreed.
    lol who crapped in your cereal this morning? I didn't mean to imply that my interpretation was the ONLY one that was close to accurate. It's no mystery what the device was going to look like after Chen released the details on a previous earnings call (classic toolbelt, trackpad, 3.5" display, etc.). A ton of great renderings have popped up after this information was released including yours. (nice work!)

I guess to be fair, my first interpretation from Feb. wasn't as accurate since it wasn't clear to me that the Classic/Passport were two separate devices. That's why I used the three row.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...render-909520/

I only wish the iconography I used from the BB10 UI was used for the toolbelt instead of the older ones. I feel like it would match the UI more closely, similar to how the Q10 used the Slate Pro font on the keyboard to match BB10.

All in all though, the production device is really exciting. I do wonder if there will be a few more minor changes still. I can see the rear casing material change. The pre-production black Q10 used a Z10-like battery door which is very similar to what we're seeing on the pre-production Classic.

The Return of the Classic - V2-q10-weave.png
    DYLANHABKIRK likes this.
    06-20-14 11:47 AM
37 12