06-20-14 10:47 AM
37 12
tools
    After thinking more about the Classic, I had to revisit my rendering. With more details becoming clear for the Windermere vs Classic, I have done a second rendition to my concept of the Classic which now includes the four row keyboard. My last version had a three row, but it's obvious that pertains more to the Windermere. It has been placed beside the Q10 for reference.

The Return of the Classic - V2-classic-q20_2.jpg
    Bonnie Bonzai likes this.
    05-31-14 01:56 AM
    Yeah, this could work. I assume it still has the metallic band around the sides?
    05-31-14 02:07 AM
    Yeah, this could work. I assume it still has the metallic band around the sides?
    Yes, it is implied to have the black metal band like the Q10. Though I wouldn't be surprised if they brought back the silver like the 9900. This is really just my interpretation of it.
    Bonnie Bonzai likes this.
    05-31-14 02:11 AM
    Love it!

Sent from pin:2AD743B7 via Tapatalk Pro
    05-31-14 02:22 AM
    Yes, much better than that 3-row garbage. I hope it looks something like this...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    Z30Commission likes this.
    05-31-14 08:12 AM
    Keyboard should be same size, get rid of the logo at the top, the device is tall enough as it is.
    05-31-14 09:46 AM
    Love this version - Mr. Chen are you paying attention? I'd buy this in a heartbeat.
    05-31-14 09:55 AM
    Why no curved Keyboard?

Posted via CB10
    donmateo likes this.
    05-31-14 09:57 AM
    Keyboard should be same size, get rid of the logo at the top, the device is tall enough as it is.
    With the jump from the 9900 to the Q10, with the screen bump in size, the keys also got larger. I think that will be even more of the case with the Classic. Maybe it will be the same height as the Q10, but stretch to be the width of the device, similar to the Windermere leaks we're seeing.

For the BlackBerry logo, I don't remember ever seeing their devices without it on the front.

But I agree, it is a bit tall for my liking. I'll see what I can do.

Why no curved Keyboard?

Posted via CB10
    Good question. I don't know if they're going to go with a curved keyboard this time around. I have a feeling the straight keys are here to stay. But I've been wrong before.
    05-31-14 11:10 AM
    As far as the design is concerned, I think they need to focus on making bezels smaller. Z30 is not that bad, but the Q10 bezels are ridiculous, especially the top one. I also hope the hardware buttons are "tiny", taking less space on the front as possible.

Posted via CB10
    05-31-14 11:37 AM
    Moving the blackberry branding to the bottom would also work, it's just wastes space at the bottom, that would reduce the height of the device

Posted via CB10
    05-31-14 12:58 PM
    Good question. I don't know if they're going to go with a curved keyboard this time around. I have a feeling the straight keys are here to stay. But I've been wrong before.
    If they want a true successor of the Bold or "Classic", they have to repeat the curved keyboard. All the classics had them!

Posted via CB10
    05-31-14 01:13 PM
    Stop copying the "copy cats" (knock-offs)... lol

The Return of the Classic - V2-crackberry-image.jpg

Copycat of Q10 - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com

Posted via CB10
    05-31-14 01:22 PM
    Stop copying the "copy cats" (knock-offs)... lol

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CrackBerry Image.jpg 
Views:	2826 
Size:	45.2 KB 
ID:	275031

Copycat of Q10 - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com

Posted via CB10
    Oh !! that is no where near as nice as the op's version.....
    05-31-14 06:15 PM
    Why no curved Keyboard?

Posted via CB10
    I agree I want the ergonomic keyboard.
    06-01-14 09:14 PM
  16. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Classic all the way!! Better have the iconic bold 9900 keyboard!!!!

Posted via CB10
    06-05-14 06:36 AM
    Why does a curved keyboard matter? You're typing with thumbs not 10 fingers.

Posted via CB10
    06-06-14 04:00 PM
    Why does a curved keyboard matter? You're typing with thumbs not 10 fingers.

Posted via CB10
    I'd say it matters because our thumbs are pivoting around the joint at our palm. Sure thumbs can go lots of places. But as we move in toward the palm, like when we try to hit a q or a p, the thumb will go up naturally.

Got to push the wanted space above and below down. Also as phone gets bigger, it needs to get thinner for Pocket space issues. Though BlackBerry needs to have great battery life. Like the current Q10 has. That phone cannot be beaten in one day. It will outlast you until you go to sleep.

Posted via CB10
    06-06-14 07:20 PM
    Classic all the way!! Better have the iconic bold 9900 keyboard!!!!

Posted via CB10
    Unfortunately the Classic will nog have a curved keyboard. The device was shown at a BlackBerry event I attended.

Posted via CB10
    DYLANHABKIRK likes this.
    06-07-14 02:39 AM
    I'd say it matters because our thumbs are pivoting around the joint at our palm. Sure thumbs can go lots of places. But as we move in toward the palm, like when we try to hit a q or a p, the thumb will go up naturally.

Got to push the wanted space above and below down. Also as phone gets bigger, it needs to get thinner for Pocket space issues. Though BlackBerry needs to have great battery life. Like the current Q10 has. That phone cannot be beaten in one day. It will outlast you until you go to sleep.

Posted via CB10
    Yes! They just don't get it, because they either don't type fast on a regular keyboard or they only use one finger (thumb). I type over 80 wpm on using a ergonomic board. If you look at some earlier BlackBerrys the curve was facing down. They changed it for a reason, because of the way your thumb pivots.

I have used straight keyboard phones they are not as fast.

Type typing 10 hours a day on a regular keyboard for a month. Then go to a ergonomic kb.
    06-08-14 06:42 AM
    Unfortunately the Classic will nog have a curved keyboard. The device was shown at a BlackBerry event I attended.

Posted via CB10
    Where and when?
    If the Q20/Classic comes out with a straight keyboard it will not switch 9900. The phone will flop just like the Q10.

I'm hoping the one you saw was before April.
    06-08-14 06:50 AM
    It was last Tuesday in London, BlackBerry Experience event. They showed a picture of the Classic.

Posted via CB10
    Mr4aces likes this.
    06-08-14 07:01 AM
    Where and when?
    If the Q20/Classic comes out with a straight keyboard it will not switch 9900. The phone will flop just like the Q10.

I'm hoping the one you saw was before April.
    That was a really educated comment... (Sarcasm)

Posted via CB10
    06-08-14 11:14 AM
    By the way I think a curved keyboard like 9900 would be better for gaining back legacy users.
    I found it a little more ergonomic than the straight one (I naturally go easier with that curved movement to reach the central keys).
    It would fit better the tool-belt too.

Posted via CB10
    06-08-14 12:13 PM
    By the way I think a curved keyboard like 9900 would be better for gaining back legacy users.
    I found it a little more ergonomic than the straight one (I naturally go easier with that curved movement to reach the central keys).
    It would fit better the tool-belt too.

Posted via CB10
    I'm used to the straight keyboard already, don't make me have to re-adapt, lol. :-P

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10?
    DYLANHABKIRK likes this.
    06-08-14 04:07 PM
37 12