08-29-14 08:06 PM
89 1234
tools
    I think your thinking does it compare to great phones today and that would be a big no but its probably this shape for a reason. This isn't some Samsung copy. Its something unique and we don't even know how it functions?. Calling it crap or ugly is all personal thought but until we see what its all about we are just speculating and guessing at best. I'm sue when it comes out their will be lots to talk about. Maybe it designed specifically for some corporate design. I'm glad its not some HTC,lg,Samsung,Sony or iPhone copy that's been done and their is no where to go with that form factor its all been done before. I bet this thing has more then a few tricks up its sleeves.

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    Exactly. Innovation will keep them in the game.

Posted via Z30
    05-25-14 03:08 PM
    That screen size.. reading emails would be a breeze.
    05-26-14 09:46 AM
    I don't know, Can someone say me what is the original source of this 4.5 inches screen? The picture with only the screen doesn't look like a 4.5'' but much more larger, the picture of the beta device look like on the contrary smaller maybe 4''. Personaly I'd prefered a 4 inches screen for a better rendering less square. Can you please do a test with this size of screen just for seing if it'd be better?
    05-27-14 09:29 AM
    Nice work! Finally a realistic concept and a nice family pic showing what it will look like compared to what we can buy right now.

More padding required below the keyboard though.
    DYLANHABKIRK likes this.
    05-28-14 06:02 AM
    Yikes now I know why both Todd Wood AND Don Lindsay left. Might need some time to grow in me once I see the real thing.
    05-28-14 06:19 AM
    Yikes now I know why both Todd Wood AND Don Lindsay left. Might need some time to grow in me once I see the real thing.
    The entire third row behaves like a trackpad

Check Out TechCraze
    05-28-14 04:56 PM
    Rounded edges please just like it was shown on the leaked image of the active frames.

Posted via white z30
    05-29-14 02:49 PM
    Rounded edges please just like it was shown on the leaked image of the active frames.

Posted via white z30
    Doubtful

Check Out TechCraze
    05-29-14 02:51 PM

Posted via white z30
    ... What are you talking about?

Posted via CB10
    05-29-14 03:16 PM
    doesn't look good to me. Seriously.....
    05-29-14 07:19 PM
    The previous night I've dreamed with "windermere" working on it# LOL!!

Amazing z10. But stupid battery
    05-30-14 03:03 AM
    This definitely is a hate it or love it phone. The classic rendering looks good from the OP. There was another rendering that I really liked but that was just a rendering.

I don't know I'm not liking it at all. The bold 9900 was the best phone and a good looking one at that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    DYLANHABKIRK likes this.
    05-30-14 03:15 AM
    I don't think going for such designs with physical keyboards is not the way to win back the business customers...

Business customers turned their heads towards Android and Apple devices, and those are all touch devices.

What BlackBerry is thinking..... I don't know.... This phone looks quite funny or ugly
    05-30-14 04:07 AM
    I don't think going for such designs with physical keyboards is not the way to win back the business customers...

Business customers turned their heads towards Android and Apple devices, and those are all touch devices.

What BlackBerry is thinking..... I don't know.... This phone looks quite funny or ugly
    Why was there so much demand for attachable keyboard on iphones?

Wait until you see the final product

This is just one piece of a bigger picture

Check Out TechCraze
    05-30-14 06:48 AM
    oops, fat-fingered the swipe. Nothing to see here lol...
    Posted with my Q10, SQN100-2, 10.2.1.2947/2274 Radio
    05-30-14 08:24 AM
    I understand that you based your design on the leaked pictures, but, stereo speakers are not possible in your design.

It's cool to design stuff that looks razorsharp and futuristic, but you have to remember that the insides have to fit, and that, most importantly, it has to work. Either the speakers are simple and small, they are located elsewhere, or the leaked covers are not accurate ( my guess tbh ), because the screen to keyboard ratio would be around 75 to 25 in this case, whereas a 1/3 to 2/3 ( as it is with the Q10 ), would be easier and comfortable to hold.
    05-30-14 09:00 AM
    I understand that you based your design on the leaked pictures, but, stereo speakers are not possible in your design.

It's cool to design stuff that looks razorsharp and futuristic, but you have to remember that the insides have to fit, and that, most importantly, it has to work. Either the speakers are simple and small, they are located elsewhere, or the leaked covers are not accurate ( my guess tbh ), because the screen to keyboard ratio would be around 75 to 25 in this case, whereas a 1/3 to 2/3 ( as it is with the Q10 ), would be easier and comfortable to hold.
    "stereo speakers are not possible in your design"

In your opinion, sure. Doesn't mean it's impossible.

Posted via CB10
    05-30-14 09:02 AM
    It's not my opinion, it's common sense if you know how 'big' mobile phone speakers are. There is no room left for them.

Why do you think the Z30 has a 'nice' silver strip on the end of the phone? Not because it looks snazzy. And why do you think that the Note 3 has such crappy sound?

Imo it would not hurt the phones design if there was a strip underneath the keyboard for some decent speakers.
    05-30-14 11:01 AM
    It's not my opinion, it's common sense if you know how 'big' mobile phone speakers are. There is no room left for them.

Why do you think the Z30 has a 'nice' silver strip on the end of the phone? Not because it looks snazzy. And why do you think that the Note 3 has such crappy sound?

Imo it would not hurt the phones design if there was a strip underneath the keyboard for some decent speakers.
    The past is not always representative of the future. You have no idea what they have officially cooking for the Q30. Neither do I. Innovation happens faster than you think. Saying something is impossible belongs in the stone ages, this is 2014. Kindly show some optimism.

Posted via CB10
    05-30-14 12:04 PM
    if this is the final product then i'm 100% certain n sure that i'm gonna stick with my Z30 n not change to Q30, its too wide n not my type

i still hope that this is not the final product bcoz i remember correctly that John Chen said that Q30 will be equipped with the belt from the classic BlackBerry, n as far as i can see, there's no belt
    05-30-14 12:58 PM
    if this is the final product then i'm 100% certain n sure that i'm gonna stick with my Z30 n not change to Q30, its too wide n not my type

i still hope that this is not the final product bcoz i remember correctly that John Chen said that Q30 will be equipped with the belt from the classic BlackBerry, n as far as i can see, there's no belt
    The bottom row acts as a trackpad

Check Out TechCraze
    05-30-14 01:06 PM

Is this true? Will Q30 have a belt?

If not, I'm sure many ppl will love it but Q10 convinced me that keyboards and glass are incompatible without belt. Keyboards eat up too much touch screen real estate for comfortable finger selection & navigation on the screen. Trackpad helps compensate for that loss by providing precision pointer when there just isn't room for a finger. My experience, anyway. Compensating for a non-belt keyboard makes for a larger device, the way I see it.
    05-30-14 02:11 PM
    Is this true? Will Q30 have a belt?

If not, I'm sure many ppl will love it but Q10 convinced me that keyboards and glass are incompatible without belt. Keyboards eat up too much touch screen real estate for comfortable finger selection & navigation on the screen. Trackpad helps compensate for that loss by providing precision pointer when there just isn't room for a finger. My experience, anyway. Compensating for a non-belt keyboard makes for a larger device, the way I see it.
    The Windermere won't have the belt of keys. Chen said specifically that the BlackBerry Classic will have the belt. The Q30 has hardly ever been discussed aside from the developer notes for the 1440x1440 resolution.

The Windermere will leverage a touch sensitive keyboard, and touch screen. No additional hardware buttons like the 9900 series.

Only the Classic series, will receive the polished track pad and belt of keys, according to Chen.

Posted via CB10
    05-30-14 02:15 PM
    There's a difference between optimism and realism.

Since you put the design up as being 'realistic', the specs should be realistic as well. If it's what you WISH for, i can understand that. I'd wish for the design to have a usb 3.0 connector, snapdragon 805/810 processor and that the new keyboard will be so "super-amazing", that a trackpad won't be needed anymore because it's implemented in the keyboard. And tbh, i only see the last one -maybe- happening.

Can you make a 4.5 inch screen fit in a 4.0 inch bezel? Some things are just impossible.
    05-30-14 03:28 PM
    There's a difference between optimism and realism.

Since you put the design up as being 'realistic', the specs should be realistic as well. If it's what you WISH for, i can understand that. I'd wish for the design to have a usb 3.0 connector, snapdragon 805/810 processor and that the new keyboard will be so "super-amazing", that a trackpad won't be needed anymore because it's implemented in the keyboard. And tbh, i only see the last one -maybe- happening.

Can you make a 4.5 inch screen fit in a 4.0 inch bezel? Some things are just impossible.
    It is absolutely realistic for speakers to be on the bottom of this device, not impossible. That's my point, not coming at you directly, I just think it's inane to say it's impossible or unrealistic.

The render is based on leaked info, and cases. According to all cases, the speaker cut outs are on the bottom of the device. This is why they are placed as such above.

Posted via CB10
    05-30-14 03:38 PM
89 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD