08-29-14 08:06 PM
89 123 ...
tools
    Hey!

We've seen I believe only one leak of what the device looks like, cases, and the screen shots I was able to come up with. If the phone cases are right, it looks like we're going to see a rounded device, with a square frontal and real appearance.

So, out of natural interest, I used what we've seen, and put together something a little more tangible, and realistic given what we think we know: 4.5" 1440x1440" 1:1 Ratio Display - Physical Keyboard (Like 3 Rows, Touch-Sensitive) - 3450mAh (Or so) Battery - 13MP Camera

Take a look at the renderings below! I've included the leaks, screenshot, renders, and scaled renders to show you just how big this phone really is!

Smallest to Largest Width Order:
    (Height (H) VS Width (W))

iPhone 5S: 123mm (H), 58mm (W)
    BlackBerry Q10: 119mm (H), 67mm (W)
    HTC One (M8): 146mm (H), 70mm (W)
    BlackBerry Z30: 140mm (H), 72mm (W)
    Samsung Note 3: 146mm (H), 83mm (W)
    BlackBerry Q30: 120mm (H), 88mm (W)

*The Images with multiple devices are to scale*

Attachment 272899
    Attached Thumbnails Realistic Windermere Renderings by DHabkirkDesigns-passport_final_best.jpg   Realistic Windermere Renderings by DHabkirkDesigns-all_bb10.jpg   Realistic Windermere Renderings by DHabkirkDesigns-blackberry-prototype-640x460.jpg   Realistic Windermere Renderings by DHabkirkDesigns-q30_full.jpg   Realistic Windermere Renderings by DHabkirkDesigns-scale.jpg  

Realistic Windermere Renderings by DHabkirkDesigns-allll.jpg  
    Last edited by DYLANHABKIRK; 06-27-14 at 06:52 PM.
    05-21-14 12:36 AM
    Nice.... I think it's getting closer and closer to the real design.

Q10SQN100-3/10.3.0.296

Posted via CB10
    DYLANHABKIRK and rai187 like this.
    05-21-14 12:42 AM
    Thanks great work. The Q30 is going to be massive. Though I wonder if its too wide to type comfortably with small hands
    DYLANHABKIRK and ErnstMach like this.
    05-21-14 12:50 AM
    Thats gonna be ugly and big...
    I like the size of the Classic

Posted via Q10Bold
    05-21-14 01:00 AM
    Honestly, and as it is presented here, the Windermere will not be my choice. It's out of shape, too square, no iconic keys, nah...

Posted via CB10
    pittster and ErnstMach like this.
    05-21-14 08:43 AM
    nicely done thanks but in leaked q30 picture,there is more space below keyboard so height must be bigger than 120mm can you resize it ?
    05-21-14 10:02 AM
    nicely done thanks but in leaked q30 picture,there is more space below keyboard so height must be bigger than 120mm can you resize it ?
    According to the leaked screen, this is accurate. At most, the calculation would be off by one millimeters or two

Posted via CB10
    05-21-14 10:28 AM
    I don't understand the keyboard on all these renders. You can't have that big of a departure from the Q10 keyboard. There's gotta be shift keys and alt keys and such, to me. Without some special keys that looks like a disaster.

Will the real Q30 please stand up? I am confident that John Chen will make sure that this has the best keyboard possible when it launches.
    05-21-14 11:01 AM
    If its a real design or even close to it, I'm proud to announce BlackBerry that they're producing a disaster, not a mobile..
    Hell! What is that square?! Whome is going to hold that square thing and have a good typing experience, further more it looks ugly, and the 1:1 screen ratio its something that makes people escape from the device, they really should make it 4:3 or its just going to fail like the older Devices, but BlackBerry is smart akind of I don't think the final design will be like this square..
    anw thanks for the design, professional work.

Amazing z10. But stupid battery
    DYLANHABKIRK likes this.
    05-21-14 11:12 AM
    DYLANHABKIRK,

I really want to thank you for this. I was looking forward to see some professional rendering to appear!!

thanks! it looks very good to me!
    DYLANHABKIRK and RodolfoAP like this.
    05-21-14 11:13 AM
    I can live with it! I like it! pretty unusual yes! but I like it!
    DYLANHABKIRK likes this.
    05-21-14 11:21 AM
    When I hold a qwerty phone for typing my pinky fingers do the supporting on the bottom side of the phone. With so little space between the bottom of the phone and the keys I think this will make for awkward typing. I think they could get away with a wide phone that is a little taller than the z10. I am praying for more space at the bottom side of the phone.
    05-21-14 11:33 AM
    I'm intrigued and will probably buy this baby on day 1.
    but ye, I think the world will not like this device! (i know it's not made for consumer bla bla)
    it could be further hurting Blackberry's reputation, although i think the classic will become the best seller of the selection!
    05-21-14 11:38 AM
    DYLANHABKIRK,
    why would you thin the power button is on the left side of the device?
    there are no indication from the cases that it will be there, no?
    UnlimiteD3k likes this.
    05-21-14 12:33 PM
    When I hold a qwerty phone for typing my pinky fingers do the supporting on the bottom side of the phone. With so little space between the bottom of the phone and the keys I think this will make for awkward typing. I think they could get away with a wide phone that is a little taller than the z10. I am praying for more space at the bottom side of the phone.
    Maybe you'd like this design better: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...esigns-916969/
    05-21-14 12:46 PM
    DYLANHABKIRK,
    why would you thin the power button is on the left side of the device?
    there are no indication from the cases that it will be there, no?
    Just seemed like a natural position. The Difficult thing, is that there is no real indication of a power button on the Q30... Not one case has the power button cover, and the picture leaks don't indicate one either. Perhaps we'll see some integration with the new keyboard, or since the screen is so large in a 1:1 ratio, it will be gesture, proximity, or accelerometer based methodology.
    05-21-14 12:58 PM
    Just seemed like a natural position. The Difficult thing, is that there is no real indication of a power button on the Q30... Not one case has the power button cover, and the picture leaks don't indicate one either. Perhaps we'll see some integration with the new keyboard, or since the screen is so large in a 1:1 ratio, it will be gesture, proximity, or accelerometer based methodology.
    maybe it's on the top! i'm just afraid they wont implement a mini HDMI, i hope they will...

anyway, great work man, i really appreciated!!
    05-21-14 01:22 PM
    maybe it's on the top! i'm just afraid they wont implement a mini HDMI, i hope they will...

anyway, great work man, i really appreciated!!
    Based on the cases, my impression is the HDMI will be on top. There will definitely be one, based on the coding in the development kits.

But thanks!

Posted via CB10
    05-21-14 01:28 PM
    You may be on the money, according to the first launch app in the latest 10.3.

As for HDMI/USB, word on the street is that BlackBerry might adopt MHL or something like it.

Posted via CB10
    tomsobon likes this.
    05-21-14 01:35 PM
    You may be on the money, according to the first launch app in the latest 10.3.

As for HDMI/USB, word on the street is that BlackBerry might adopt MHL or something like it.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, an integrated plug at the bottom. Would explain the larger than 2.0 size.

Posted via CB10
    05-21-14 01:41 PM
    Nice renders, but I cant see this device selling very well.
    DYLANHABKIRK likes this.
    05-21-14 01:43 PM
    Finally a realistic render! Thank you! I'll probably be getting this device the day it comes out since I don't see anything else that excites me in the horizon

Posted via CB10
    DYLANHABKIRK likes this.
    05-21-14 02:56 PM
    Yeah, an integrated plug at the bottom. Would explain the larger than 2.0 size.

Posted via CB10
    so then the power button will be on top, and since the device is quite wide, they put the button on the right side (as shown on the case), which is more accessible without having to move the hand too much!

Mystery solved
    05-21-14 03:32 PM
    It is interesting to see all the devices lined up together. From the hints that Blaze has put out there. The design of the Q30 will be top notch. I wouldn't count on seeing this square of a phone. Either way the Q30 is replacing my Z30.

Posted via Z30
    05-21-14 04:34 PM
    Strange looking device. But thanks for the renders.

Posted via CB10
    DYLANHABKIRK likes this.
    05-21-14 04:49 PM
89 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD