07-24-14 02:20 AM
61 123
tools
    But make it ugly and look like artificial BlackBerry. Q10 is great, they just should come with another Q10 better hardware, like iPhone do for years.

Q10
    02-21-14 10:04 AM
    I'm feeling the screen size great for looking @ videos

Posted via CB10
    02-21-14 10:16 AM
    stunning but not q30. aspect ratio needs to be 1:1
    02-21-14 10:25 AM
    Such a beautiful phone. Very nice job rendering. Your explanation as to why it would look like that in the other forum post makes a lot of sense as well I hope that this phone sees the light of day I would buy ten of them just because of how awesome it looks

Posted via CB10
    02-21-14 10:37 AM
    Well I am so happy and overwhelmed not only to see this coming.., but also since I had this concept in my mind for sometime, but didn't actually think it would finally make it to the drawing boards one day as physical keyboard models are perceived, a thing of the past or a dying trend by most of us.

I'd like to suggest one more thing. Why don't we design the hardware in such a way that we will have more screen real estate by reducing the margins or bezzels and maintain the same 4-row keyboard. If that's the reason for reducing it to a 3-row keyboard.

Anyways I can tell you, there'll be a good demand for this model as it brings the best of both worlds.

Posted via CB10 from my Awesome Q10
    02-21-14 11:10 AM
    Love that phone!!! But.... would prefer a nice slider....

Posted via CB10
    02-21-14 11:10 AM
    I would love this phone...missing my qwerty keyboard so much...but not to say I don't love my z10...'cause I do... love love love it...still. I'm looking forward to this rollout of q30.

Posted via CB10
    Supa_Fly1 likes this.
    02-21-14 11:16 AM
    [QUOTE=abdallahk;10032924Would love to make that screen edge to edge and more appealing to the eye. Can save some screen space as the BlackBerry + Logo are abit stretched out at the top.

Also I'm thinking there's no point of having that bottom bar below the keyboard? Seems like a useless waste of space to me. This space could also be used to enhance the screen size and make the device more cutting edge.

Other than that I absolutely love this render and hope the final product is something very similar to this. Great job op!

From the Q10 Until the Q30[/QUOTE]

That top part where the blackberry logo is and the bottom bezel are there for a reason, when you open up the phone that space is used by internal components that don't fit under the screen or keyboard.
    quiestbml likes this.
    02-21-14 11:16 AM
    Like the render. I would totally buy this. But am a bit concerned about size. Would luv to see it like the torch and slide for the keyboard. But if it comes to the market I would buy it

Posted via CB10
    02-21-14 11:28 AM
    But how. Keyboard with gestures?

Posted via CB10
    Same as the PS3 Controller Keyboard does. Use it as a mouse is one way, use it for deleting whole words just like Z10/Z30 does on their virtual keyboards. 'open your mind' (quato says)
    02-21-14 11:38 AM
    The keyboard seems to be strange to me. It's not the one I love it looks like fake one

Posted via CB10
    02-21-14 12:46 PM
    Not feeling good about a gesture-based keyboard. I bought a Q10 specifically for the physical keyboard, and if anything, I'd want more keys, not fewer, in the physical layout (like the ampersand).

I also tend to pick up my Q10 by the keyboard end, so as not to accidentally start a search or activate the camera, etc. In order to do this with a gesture-based keyboard, the gestures would have to be optionally disabled, an extra unnecessary step.

In fact, the only way I'd even consider a gesture-based keyboard would be having the option to disable the gestures - but then I'd still have to pull up an onscreen keyboard for numbers and punctuation. Definitely a step down from the current Q10 keyboard, IMHO.

Posted via my Q10, SQN100-2, 10.1.0.4189
    FCSC likes this.
    02-21-14 12:49 PM
    Very Nice! Sold!!
    quiestbml likes this.
    02-21-14 01:09 PM
    But make it ugly and look like artificial BlackBerry. Q10 is great, they just should come with another Q10 better hardware, like iPhone do for years.

Q10
    That sounds like a good idea, but no one else has mastered the wizardry to pull this off like Apple does.....
    02-21-14 01:52 PM
    The keyboard is more innovative and cutting-edge guys! BlackBerry needs to make a change if it wants to climb out if the ditch it's currently in.

Apple made a big move and added the finger print scanner. Android with the swift key thing or w.e it's called. BlackBerry need to make a big move and major changes. Not stick to the same old keyboard style which has only had minor changes to it.

I can't even imagine how innovative the keyboard will be, so anxious. Don't forget a smaller keyboard allows more screen space which seems like that's what everyone wants.

From the Q10 Until the Q30
    02-21-14 02:02 PM
    I'm not a big fan of this design, but I'm not a big fan of my Q10. I'd most likely pass on this hoping for a slider.
    02-21-14 03:19 PM
    It's very interesting. I will wait until the final hardware before passing judgement. Very interesting though, I'm curious to see how it progresses. Has some potential to replace my z10.

Posted via CB10
    02-21-14 04:20 PM
    I can't see how you would hold the phone to type fast and with comfort.

When will they just pick the best of the (their) rest and make a hybrid with trackpad and buttons. Just like a bigger size Bold 9900.....After all according to this site it's STILL THE BEST BLACKBERRY.

The best BlackBerry you can buy | CrackBerry.com

Simple. If it ain't broke don't fix it.
    02-21-14 05:08 PM
    Sorry, but innovation for its own sake does not always equal better. Not "everyone" is willing to sacrifice what is already a superb keyboard for a bit more space, despite your generalising. If I valued space over physical keyboard, I'd have bought a Z30.

I see so many BB10 users lamenting the loss of the trackpad and cursor keys from the BBOS devices. I never had one of those, but I can see why people who prefer/need physical keyboards are concerned about each iteration of the keyboarded handset losing part of the very thing which attracted them in the first place.

John Chen said he is committed to continuing to produce phones with physical keyboards. I sincerely hope he doesn't compromise on what is already the best keyboard available just for the sake of change. Make the Q screen a bit longer, sure, but don't remove or miniaturise physical keyboard buttons to do it, please.

The keyboard is more innovative and cutting-edge guys!

:: snip ::

I can't even imagine how innovative the keyboard will be, so anxious. Don't forget a smaller keyboard allows more screen space which seems like that's what everyone wants.

From the Q10 Until the Q30

Posted via my Q10, SQN100-2, 10.1.0.4189
    clickitykeys likes this.
    02-21-14 06:52 PM
    This is great, why not make the screen more edge to edge though

Posted via CB10
    02-21-14 07:08 PM
    I can't see how you would hold the phone to type fast and with comfort.

When will they just pick the best of the (their) rest and make a hybrid with trackpad and buttons. Just like a bigger size Bold 9900.....After all according to this site it's STILL THE BEST BLACKBERRY.

The best BlackBerry you can buy | CrackBerry.com

Simple. If it ain't broke don't fix it.
    Opposable thumbs have a LOT of manoeuvrability my friend.

"Common you apes, you want to live forever?!"

BlackBerry Q10 ? & Full Metal CB10!
    02-21-14 07:55 PM
    Same as the PS3 Controller Keyboard does. Use it as a mouse is one way, use it for deleting whole words just like Z10/Z30 does on their virtual keyboards. 'open your mind' (quato says)
    And how would flicking words work? I'm clueless to how gestures can be integrated into a physical keyboard. What gestures? Give me a list and I'll do my best to make sense of it. I'm trying to have an open mind, but it isn't working on this one.

God, I feel so stupid right now.

Posted via CB10
    02-22-14 01:22 AM
    And how would flicking words work? I'm clueless to how gestures can be integrated into a physical keyboard. What gestures? Give me a list and I'll do my best to make sense of it. I'm trying to have an open mind, but it isn't working on this one.

God, I feel so stupid right now.

Posted via CB10
    You already slide your fingers across the keyboard mindlessly when thinking or daydreaming - I've done this countless times on Bold series.

So a light yet intentional rub across the keys from right to left causes a one word deletion. Next swiping upwards will place an app I to Active Frames mode.

Using touch and heat mapping in the sensors of each keys and having the OS detect that multiple keys are used keeps your pocket or coats or a ladies purse from doing the same things. Not hard enough to to press but not light enough to be mistaken as a spurious input by accident.

Try it on your Q10 now, don't press to trigger a key action but just enough to wiggle the individual keys. Nothing will happen. Of course but you'll begin to see how it CAN work.

BlackBerry Q10 ? & Full Metal CB10!
    02-22-14 02:36 AM
    The z30 itself has that terrible painted plastic like silvery chin thing. If the Q30 has it as well, then count me out. I bought a Z30 but found it to be "cheaply" constructed. I hope they don't replicate that with the Q.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk
    02-22-14 07:30 AM
    Now this phone is what I'm wanting...bring it to the BlackBerry front line...woo-hoo woot woot

Rocking the Z30 Regina SK Canada
    02-22-14 07:53 AM
61 123