Dear all,

First things first. This design ( and almost every other design i made ) has been designed from a realistic pov. Meaning, the bezels are not the thinnest, or it may not be as superslim as you'd want it to be. This is not because i don't like it that way, i just like the designs to stay realistic.

The keyboard :

BBRY uses 4 rows. To me, after looking into it, a couple of things just seem illogical. I'll give you an example, the period button ( secondary M ). I never understood why the period, the question mark, the hash tag and the '@' button never had their own primary buttons. Sure you can add one ( a period ) by pressing space twice, or press ALT + whatever combination, but this ( these symbols being a primary button ) is, imo, much more effective. So in this concept i made the period, the hash tag, the @ and the question mark a primary button.

Why you ask? Why not? Why should you have to press ALT first to get the symbols used in almost every ( other ) sentence? It's time consuming and just plain illogical. ( even though it takes less than a second to press it, it's about efficiency )

Other symbols used are :

Camera icon ( secondary Q ) not really necessary but could replace the lock screen camera ( could also be replaced for a different button, like 'settings' or 'airplane mode' or 'bluetooth' for example )
    Alarm ( secondary A )
    Mail ( secondary V )
    Internet browser ( secondary Y )
    & ( secondary @ )
    Flashlight ( secondary 0 )

Let's say your phone is locked, but you need to look up something quick. Instead of unlocking the phone, swiping up, swiping to the page where your browser is and pressing the button to open up your browser, why not press ALT + Y ( www. icon ) to open your internet browser instantly?

Do you want to set your alarm ? ALT + A ( alarm icon ) will open your alarm settings.

Have to send an email right away ? ALT + V ( mail icon )

The important thing is, if you add fingerprint sensitivity to the ALT button, you could combine the function with the lock mode of the phone. Meaning, that even if your phone is locked, should you accidentally press two buttons it won't opon up the application, because it's not your finger pressing it, but you could open up certain applications when your phone is locked. For instance, when someone wants to look up something on the internet, but you don't want them browsing your private folders or messages. ( Private browsing mode could also be implemented )

Also some notable changes are :

The ( ( ) and ( ) ) button are next to the ( : ) and ( ; ) buttons, meaning smileys are easier to make. It's not necessary, i understand, and it's not a priority, but still, smileys are used an awful lot.

The screen :

This phone is based on the Q20 announcement, so it's a 3.5" screen.

The phone design is the same as the one i did a couple of months ago, but the keyboard is the new addition which, to me, is the thing i'm most hyped up about. The BBRY keyboard has always been one of the things i loved most about the BBRY phones, but i think, even if it's a little bit, it can be improved.

What do you guys think?
    Attached Thumbnails Q20 concept with new keyboard style & layout ( expl. inside )-blackberry-q20-concept-new-keys.jpg  
    03-27-14 06:31 PM
    interesting, thanks for taking the time to explain
    03-27-14 07:22 PM
    Dear all,

First things first. This design ( and almost every other design i made ) has been designed from a realistic pov. Meaning, the bezels are not the thinnest, or it may not be as superslim as you'd want it to be. This is not because i don't like it that way, i just like the designs to stay realistic.

The keyboard :

BBRY uses 4 rows. To me, after looking into it, a couple of things just seem illogical. I'll give you an example, the period button ( secondary M ). I never understood why the period, the question mark, the hash tag and the '@' button never had their own primary buttons. Sure you can add one ( a period ) by pressing space twice, or press ALT + whatever combination, but this ( these symbols being a primary button ) is, imo, much more effective. So in this concept i made the period, the hash tag, the @ and the question mark a primary button.

Why you ask? Why not? Why should you have to press ALT first to get the symbols used in almost every ( other ) sentence? It's time consuming and just plain illogical. ( even though it takes less than a second to press it, it's about efficiency )

Other symbols used are :

Camera icon ( secondary Q ) not really necessary but could replace the lock screen camera ( could also be replaced for a different button, like 'settings' or 'airplane mode' or 'bluetooth' for example )
    Alarm ( secondary A )
    Mail ( secondary V )
    & ( secondary @ )

Let's say your phone is locked, but you need to look up something quick. Instead of unlocking the phone, swiping up, swiping to the page where your browser is and pressing the button to open up your browser, why not press ALT + Y ( www. icon ) to open your internet browser instantly?

Do you want to set your alarm ? ALT + A ( alarm icon ) will open your alarm settings.

The important thing is, if you add fingerprint sensitivity to the ALT button, you could combine the function with the lock mode of the phone. Meaning, that even if your phone is locked, should you accidentally press two buttons it won't opon up the application, because it's not your finger pressing it, but you could open up certain applications when your phone is locked. For instance, when someone wants to look up something on the internet, but you don't want them browsing your private folders or messages. ( Private browsing mode could also be implemented )

The ( ( ) and ( ) ) button are next to the ( : ) and ( ; ) buttons, meaning smileys are easier to make. It's not necessary, i understand, and it's not a priority, but still, smileys are used an awful lot.

The screen :

The phone design is the same as the one i did a couple of months ago, but the keyboard is the new addition which, to me, is the thing i'm most hyped up about. The BBRY keyboard has always been one of the things i loved most about the BBRY phones, but i think, even if it's a little bit, it can be improved.

What do you guys think?
    I like this a lot. It seems to offer the perfect combination....it has a keyboard and good screen size. It offer these two features without looking to long. A few mockups I have seen appear to be a bit to long.

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    03-27-14 08:58 PM
    I like this design, just one comment: pound sign. That's all lol

Posted from my Z10 via CB10
    joejuck likes this.
    03-27-14 09:29 PM
    In one version of the concept, I had the pound and the euro sign both as secondary buttons, so they could be included as well, I can understand that a lot of people need those to be primary or secondary, and not tucked away in the 'symbols' list.

Thanks for the feedback.
    03-28-14 05:17 AM
    Dear all,

The keyboard :

Other symbols used are :

Alarm ( secondary A )
    Mail ( secondary V )
    & ( secondary @ )

The screen :

What do you guys think?
    I like this a lot...the only thing that I want to see is the "smiley face" keyboard. For me, that was the most comfortable keyboard to type on. And if this is to be the classic...
    04-03-14 06:02 PM
    Good concept, i also asked myself why with my Bold 9900 i always have to use the alt button soo much .....

Sent from my Nexus 7 using CB Forums mobile app
    SenorPistachio likes this.
    04-05-14 05:18 PM
    I just hope you put more RAM on the new Q20 and the reproduction 9900 You can never have enough RAM. I use my 9900 in place of a computer 10 email and 5 Twitter accounts. So I'm constantly removing the battery.

And yes I would buy a BB with a wider screen and keyboard. Just think how much extra room you have to design more keys.
    04-09-14 12:13 AM
    Gimme gimme gimme

Posted via CB10
    04-09-14 02:47 AM
    Yes please

Posted via CB10
    04-29-14 04:33 PM
    Wonderfully explained and designed! Thx for sharing

Posted via CB10
    04-29-14 05:37 PM
    Great ideas with more keyboard integration

Posted via CB10
    05-21-14 03:59 PM
    I would say the space key would best for this since it has the most area for the fingerprint sensor

Posted via CB10
    05-23-14 11:33 AM
    I always love blackberry, looks so royal but the only thing that i always scare of is BIS plan.
    06-28-14 02:34 AM
    whats is Q20? will that be a New phone of BB Phone?
    06-28-14 02:37 AM
    whats is Q20? will that be a New phone of BB Phone?
    The BlackBerry Q20 is the original codename for the recently shown BlackBerry Classic. The device above is a concept.

Posted via CB10
    06-28-14 06:29 AM
    Wow. Lovely. I would buy this.
    07-01-14 10:45 PM
    Very good job I would definitely buy this.
    08-21-14 08:09 AM