Press once to pop the symbol's virtual keyboard for a single instance.
    Long press to toggle On/Off the symbol's virtual keyboard.
    Last edited by JCMM; 07-03-14 at 12:07 PM.
    BoldMaverick likes this.
    07-03-14 10:18 AM
    Awesome thanks for sharing
    07-03-14 10:22 AM
    Where/when is this from? The physical keyboard shown here is different from the physical keyboard shown on the device by John Chen last week or the week before. This shows the space key on its own row, making 4 rows in total, which make the virtual aspect of the keyboard pointless. If you're going to have the space key on its own row, just add back the missing keys.
    07-03-14 10:30 AM
    I think this is so much better looking! I prefer this

Z30 STA100-2.... 10.2.1.2102
    JCMM likes this.
    07-03-14 11:07 AM
    Where/when is this from? The physical keyboard shown here is different from the physical keyboard shown on the device by John Chen last week or the week before. This shows the space key on its own row, making 4 rows in total, which make the virtual aspect of the keyboard pointless. If you're going to have the space key on its own row, just add back the missing keys.
    These are computer renders. Not the real deal.

But, if they did add in the 4th row, yes it would make the on screen keyboard useless. Which, if you think about it, a on screen keyboard on a physical keyboard phone, seems a bit oxy-moronish.
    07-03-14 11:33 AM

But, if they did add in the 4th row, yes it would make the on screen keyboard useless. Which, if you think about it, a on screen keyboard on a physical keyboard phone, seems a bit oxy-moronish.
    I understand these are computer renders, my question still stands, where/when are they from?

If they are some sort of official renders from BlackBerry explaining the virtual aspect of the keyboard, you would expect them to accurately represent the keyboard, wouldn't you? So, if these are from early in the Passport build stage, this may have been an early design of the design, one which was later scrapped in favour of the current one. If these are recent, again, you would expect it to be an accurate representation of the keyboard, so could it signal a late design change before it goes to final production?

If they are a fan-made or blog-made render, then someone needs to pay more attention to detail as the keyboard on the Passport has been public knowledge for some time.

Finally, nothing I have seen on the Passport claims or states that it has an on-screen keyboard. Rather, it is a virtual representation of the remapping of the physical keyboard.
    07-03-14 11:43 AM
    I understand these are computer renders, my question still stands, where/when are they from?

If they are some sort of official renders from BlackBerry explaining the virtual aspect of the keyboard, you would expect them to accurately represent the keyboard, wouldn't you? So, if these are from early in the Passport build stage, this may have been an early design of the design, one which was later scrapped in favour of the current one. If these are recent, again, you would expect it to be an accurate representation of the keyboard, so could it signal a late design change before it goes to final production?

If they are a fan-made or blog-made render, then someone needs to pay more attention to detail as the keyboard on the Passport has been public knowledge for some time.

Finally, nothing I have seen on the Passport claims or states that it has an on-screen keyboard. Rather, it is a virtual representation of the remapping of the physical keyboard.
    If these where Official Renders from Blackberry, I would think the quality would be higher.

Guess we will have to wait and see on the keyboard/screenboard
    07-03-14 11:57 AM
    If these where Official Renders from Blackberry, I would think the quality would be higher.

Guess we will have to wait and see on the keyboard/screenboard
    Wouldn't they also be on the home page with an article?

Posted via CB10
    07-03-14 12:00 PM
    Yes and no. If a member finds info before Crackberry does, you would see it in the forums first. Then, Blaze would sniff it out and post a quick article with a picture.
    07-03-14 12:04 PM
    This actually looks pretty. )))))) But what's up with that huuuuuuuuge space bar??? %)))
    JCMM likes this.
    07-03-14 12:10 PM

I don't find the on screen keyboard useless at all, the Alt key is going to work as in the previous models, the main difference here is when you hold the Alt key the on screen keyboard designated for numbers and symbols will pop out so you can tap on the screen for symbols/numbers while typing letters with the physical keyboard. Keep in mind that this is a phone designed to be used with both hands.
    Ouattsm likes this.
    07-03-14 12:18 PM
    This actually looks pretty. )))))) But what's up with that huuuuuuuuge space bar??? %)))
    The space bar doesn't have the same width of the phone, it's just a way to blend it on the bottom of the device.

The actual width is 3 times the width of a key. It doesn't have a border, it is incorporated at the bottom.
    07-03-14 12:23 PM
    why is this not in the 'concepts' thread?
    07-03-14 12:35 PM
    The space bar doesn't have the same width of the phone, it's just a way to blend it on the bottom of the device.

The actual width is 3 times the width of a key. It doesn't have a border, it is incorporated at the bottom.
    So, to hopefully get an answer to my question in the 3rd post, when and where is this rendering from? Is this your creation?
    07-03-14 01:23 PM
    ++++
    07-03-14 02:07 PM
    I don't find the on screen keyboard useless at all, the Alt key is going to work as in the previous models, the main difference here is when you hold the Alt key the on screen keyboard designated for numbers and symbols will pop out so you can tap on the screen for symbols/numbers while typing letters with the physical keyboard. Keep in mind that this is a phone designed to be used with both hands.
    True (+)
    07-03-14 02:11 PM
    This looks really awesome. I hope the end product is something like this. Very nice render!
    JCMM likes this.
    07-03-14 03:23 PM

Have you not read the review here on Crackberry?? There is definately a virtual keyboard on screen. And no not all the keys are mapped as there are too many symbols for amount of keys.

Q10, running 10.2.1.2141
    07-03-14 04:52 PM
    Please do not mislead us with the title. Add "Concept" to it if it is a concept and move it to concepts thread. OP, please will you add it more details on where you got these images or is it something you created as a concept?
    Last edited by arvind1983; 07-04-14 at 02:03 AM.
    07-03-14 06:47 PM
    So, to hopefully get an answer to my question in the 3rd post, when and where is this rendering from? Is this your creation?
    Yes it is.

This looks really awesome. I hope the end product is something like this. Very nice render!
    Thanks, i'm expecting the same. I can not look at the leaked pictures of the Passport without rolling my eyes on that inconsistent spacebar position.
    07-03-14 06:53 PM

If there is an alt key, then BB should absolutely print extra characters on the keyboards, so the virtual keyboard is all gone.
    07-04-14 06:13 AM
    Yes it is.

Thanks, i'm expecting the same. I can not look at the leaked pictures of the Passport without rolling my eyes on that inconsistent spacebar position.
    The space bar position ins't a problem at all, trust me, I have seen and used a phone with the space bar on the same third row, it doesnt cause a problem... the problem is that with the virtual keyboard, there will be too much going on the screen while we type.
    07-04-14 06:15 AM
    The space bar position ins't a problem at all, trust me, I have seen and used a phone with the space bar on the same third row, it doesnt cause a problem... the problem is that with the virtual keyboard, there will be too much going on the screen while we type.
    The spacebar is a problem.
    07-08-14 09:59 AM