So who wants to do a mock up of a device that is the same width as the Passport, having a 1440 x 2560 pixel 16 x 9 screen (the same width as the Passport screen) but is a slider with a 4 row Classic keyboard (of course enlarged to make use of all that width) but below the screen there is a toolbelt with the trackpad rather than just a plastic bezel: with the keyboard closed, you can use the BlackBerry 10 on-screen keyboard having as much screen real estate as a Passport... but slide out that full 4 row Classic keyboard, and you've got what would have to be considered a full COMPUTER in your hands. Having the toolbelt on the device when the keyboard is closed lets you operate the device with one hand leveraging the OS 10.3.1 Trackpad support, but with a portrait 1440 x 2560 screen... turn the device sideways and the trackpad can still be used to scroll up and down with a landscape 2560 x 1440 screen.

Assume that the processor and memory etc. would all be state-of-the-art, I'm not so concerned about the internals because of course we all want them to be high powered.

OMG wouldn't that be the ultimate BB10 device, if not the ultimate mobile device? I don't have the skillz to do a mockup myself, but would anyone care to take it on (my avatar is just someone else's mockup with the toolbelt tacked on, but a real render of this would be sweet.)

Maybe it could be called the Shock... or Awe... I guarantee anyone who lays eyes on it would feel the first emotion... and anyone who uses it would feel the second.
    KCSFINEST likes this.
    12-29-14 06:44 PM
    So your asking for basically a BB10 Torch? Or is there something I'm missing? There are many of us who are patiently waiting to see this, unfortunately it looks like our only hope so far is the flip/fold out keyboard prototype that's been rumored.

BB for Life
    12-30-14 03:51 PM
    Yes, a BB10 Torch, but adapted from the Passport form factor rather than the Q10 or Z30 form factor.

Posted via CB10
    12-31-14 09:10 AM
    I may do this next year!!
    RyanGermann likes this.
    12-31-14 03:13 PM
    I miss my torch. I'd buy something like this!

Posted via CB10
    12-31-14 10:35 PM