I have been using my new Note 3 for a while, and while it seemed a bit unwieldily at the beginning, it now seems as a normal size, and the fit in pockets is acceptable most of the time.
    The big AMOLED screen is great for videos, specially now that one can livestream in many situations.
    And Qi charging is great. No more excuse for a flat battery in the morning when one can just place the phone on the mat.
    But the battery does not last a full day, so removable is still required.

So, let's make a list of the basic requirements for every phone:

- microSDXC slot
    - removable battery
    - (optional) Qi charging back cover [I don't use cases]

Additionally, for the next BB10 flagship:
    - LTE-A, worldwide LTE (all bands in region, at least one operator per country from other regions)
    - 5.5" AMOLED screen
    - Small bezels
    - 1440p resolution (If I will buy something new, the screen should also see an upgrade)
    - At least 4-core, efficient (BIG.LITTLE 4+4, for example, but a very efficient plain 4 core would also do)
    - Power saver and super power saver modes
    - If it's a slider, I'm not interested unless it is landscape
    - 64GIB internal storage
    06-07-15 09:49 AM
    Am curious to see how others feel about this.
    I'm sure that most feel the way you do and want that sort of device.

I might be the crazy one, but I wouldn't want a huge screen unless it's designed around an awesome physical keyboard since I don't use my phone for video.

I'm with you 100% with the SD-card and removable battery (reason why I hesitated on getting the classic).

I'm more of a physical keyboard and using Blend a lot more than I imagined during work hours kind of user now.

I'd try the slider (portrait, not landscape) if the overall footprint of the device wasn't too big. I played around with a Passport recently and loved how it was not tall, but rather wide. Was tempting.

Again, my use case might not be the most appropriate for the fans of most modern day devices. They'll take my physical keyboard from my cold dead hands lol.

Most of my usage consists of lots of replying to and reading emails, reading and minor editing of docs, using my SD-card to move lots of files around over WiFi or USB, using Hotspot from phone to other devices, writing short reports from the field when need be and quite a bit of BBM.

[Hopefully NOT edited by admin to be fair lol. ] Frosty White Q10/ CB10
    06-07-15 10:06 AM
    I don't see a question mark in the first post, but I think you're trying to ask if others feel the same about your BB10 "musts".

I personally don't need a big screen. I like rather small devices. The Z10 is the perfect size for me!
    Therefore I don't need an updated screen resolution. It's crystal clear.

But I think - at least an optional Qi charging backcover would be pretty nice. Also I don't know if I would use it.
    A faster Chip and a better, removable battery is always a good idea.

And I would really appreciate a 16 MP camera with optical image stabilization! (Yes I know, it's a business phone)
    And at least all pkb models should come with a touch sensitiv keyboard like the passport

And what u might not forget is, that there should be a sturdy design, good speakers, NFC, 5 GHz Wifi, USB-otg, etc.
    06-07-15 02:59 PM
    4:3 screen on narrower Passport.
    All touch device with Porsche build, decent specs and iPhone price.

Classic with a faster chip and 9900 build quality and feel but with a 3.5 inch screen.

Q10 with a 4:3 screen.
    06-07-15 03:32 PM
    OIS I agree, but big sensor is more important than megapixels.

Regarding NFC, ac, and OTG, those are obvious things.

I bought the Qi as a gimmick to try out, as it was inexpensive but did not care about the weaker current, but now I don't want to mess with a cable again. I still did not require an emergency charge necessitating the use of cable.

I always liked Note, but I thought 5.5" was out of the question. Note 3 is actually 5.7" and it has fitted most of my apparel so far.

However, it is true that I prefer the way the Z10, Jolla, and to a lesser extent S5 fit pockets.

But the most important criteria for getting a new phone are bigger screens and improved cellular technology. I am thinking a 6" phone might not be worse in practical terms than 5.7", so I will be actually checking that out next time. Maybe I was too conservative with 5.5", but I guess that will be the new mainstream.

It was not a question.
    06-07-15 03:35 PM
    After getting quite used to the 5.7" Note 3, the 5.1" S5 seems cutely small.
    06-13-15 08:10 PM
    Amoled is garbage, I will never buy another until color accuracy matches LCD, minimum brightness matches LCD, and Samsung stops pushing the Pentile Subpixel Arrangement (Pentile subpixels are horrible looking, can cause headaches and nausea, and skew reported resolutions. So the new S6 is not as high res as reported.

Posted via CB10
    06-14-15 08:24 AM
    Well, I haven't compared the Note 3 to a similar sized FullHD IPS device.
    06-14-15 11:17 AM
    Well, I haven't compared the Note 3 to a similar sized FullHD IPS device.
    Reported DPI of a Pentile amoled is misleading at best.

Red and blue subpixels are shared between green subpixels.

Posted via CB10
    06-15-15 01:26 AM