05-01-18 04:30 PM
50 12
tools
    Add the trackpad! Skip Android and use Windows instead and you'll have the perfect phone and I'll be first to place an order. Good luck.
    07-01-16 08:15 AM
    I love it, provided it can also slide up vertically, I'd defo buy it

Posted via CB10
    07-01-16 07:14 PM
    You know what, I actually like it. Looks pretty awesome. It may. It appeal to everyone but it's different and sometimes that sells.

The keyboard is a absolute must for me. Virtual is alright but nothing beats physically typing on keys.

Posted via BlackBerry Leap (Crackberry Edition)
    07-03-16 02:23 PM
    Just watch, the OP will now go to Samsung and make a fortune with this.

Some guys INVENT but most will nit pick in here!
    07-04-16 12:06 AM
    I like it man. But then, I like anything that looks cool and still has a PKB

Posted via CB10
    undefinederror likes this.
    07-06-16 12:13 AM
    Really nice... I like it way more then the Priv for sure !
    Great talen
    07-06-16 12:44 AM
    That's a bright idea. But I think general public prefer bigger screen, they can't live with small display.

Posted via CB10
    07-07-16 07:08 PM

As a fan of Blackberry and a designer,

I came up with a concept design for a BlackBerry smartphone that

maintains BlackBerry's famous keyboard feature while adding a rotating screen

feature to make up for Blackberry's small screen weakness.

Attachment 402921
    Attachment 402922
    This is so frickin' wicked!! I really like that. I'd buy one.
    Keep up the good work!

I'm curious why there are a few comments that are anti landscape mode. What's wrong with it?

Posted via CB10
    07-08-16 11:58 PM
    I would definitely buy this! Very different from what is out there now. Maybe if it could also slide up? Two different ways to get to the keyboard would be cool.

Rocking a Z30 on Verizon
    07-30-16 06:22 PM
    Omigod, that's awesome. Sell me one!

Posted via CB10
    08-13-16 04:50 PM
    That looks reminiscent of a quasi-blackberry phone I had about ten years ago called the Siemens SK65. See http://m.gsmarena.com/siemens_sk65-861.php . However with that phone the keyboard was split on the left and right side. You couldn't type on it one-handed, but it was decent using two hands. I don't know if it sold particularly well (probably not), but I can attest that it was a great design! Got a few weird looks from people, but the swivel function was surprisingly ergonomic.

Posted via CB10
    08-14-16 11:13 PM
    Maybe if it was hovering

Blackberry Passport Running 10.3.2.2813
    08-14-16 11:19 PM
    Curved Kb all the way! Very good renderings.

Posted via CB10
    anon(9721108) likes this.
    08-14-16 11:23 PM
    Reminds me of that Adam Sandler skit.....theyre all gonna laugh at you!

Posted via CB10
    08-15-16 12:07 AM
    First of all it looks like a really cool design. Secondly can it be both pull down pkb and swivel at same time?

I don't use pkb but I like the classic BlackBerry design and size of phone. Really nice work! Looks better than the Priv I think.
    12-11-16 04:03 PM
    Beautiful design, just if it slide up and down, just like a torch,

 C L A S S I C
    07-03-17 04:43 AM
    nice concept. few points: (1) bottom edge is way too sharp - not going to survive the drop - impact stress point at single point of edge. (you need to pass all edge drop test). (2) glass screen too close to the top, unless you use very strong/tough bezel, somehow take all the mechanical stress, you risk to break glass (3) curve glass screen need to be special source cut - extra cost - possibly dramatic cost - because you need to relay the LCD or OLED circuitary to ensure the cutting line of glass... called "street" (4) talk to BBM to license the brand - or Mr. Chen, (5) talk to MS to license the window, (6) look like you have your fan boy/gal already, find out how much they willing to pay and how many of them, what they want the device to do, where they are located, etc. etc. (7) pitch to BBM with cost/market segment/profit forecast and required design support - see if it fit into their roadmap (8) go from there... if hiccup in any of above, "protable electronic product design and development".. (9) see if all the material/process/components you select is availble in the real world (e.g. super strong drop not deflect bezel, all the way to matt surface finish that pass "banana sun tan lotion" resistance test, etc.etc. and how the sequence to put unit together and what tooling you required)....
    I really like your rendering... eye candy.
    07-03-17 07:07 AM
    if you serious, get some metal you think you are going to use as bezel, machine it out, put a piece of glass (thin glass with two or three stack up or buy LCD, cut out to your shape), 3d print the rest... fill it with old cell phone mother board, secure it with screw... use a jig to hold it and smash it with full force, 8 corner (you should be ok - curved), all edges, six faces... make sure no major break... shake it after you done and see if any sound come from inside before opening and see what happened... (multiple drop on each). If all goes well, start process to pitch to someone with deep pocket...
    07-03-17 07:25 AM
    Kool that type of swivel has never been used before!!!
    07-03-17 11:47 AM
    It's nice, reminds me of the Samsung SGH-P900.
    12-05-17 01:56 AM
    You are on to something. I was just posting in another thread about how I don't like the slab format for K1. I came from 9810 slider.

So, skip the turning screen, just make it slide up like the 9810 and (this is most important), allow it to do simple tasks without having to always be touching the screen. If that means bringing back trackpad, then - bring it back!!! I so miss the smaller format of 9810 and it's ability to be handled (and used) one handed. That was true blackberry productivity. I may be a small demographic, but productivity WAS being able to do things one handed like simple email and text replies. Just not possible on slab when only one hand is available.

I know most will say no, but BB Mobile should consider a device that goes back to its roots of pure productivity. Not all of us want to play candy crush.

Roveer
    AjoyEricLal likes this.
    02-22-18 03:48 PM
    Thank you for your efforts. It looks as if it was dug up from pre-historic ages. I have owned the 9810 as well. Create a modern design.
    04-29-18 02:23 AM

As a fan of Blackberry and a designer,

I came up with a concept design for a BlackBerry smartphone that

maintains BlackBerry's famous keyboard feature while adding a rotating screen

feature to make up for Blackberry's small screen weakness.

Attachment 402921
    Attachment 402922
    Are u able to get someone to build it, and what type of quantity commitment would they need.
    Takbeom Heogh likes this.
    04-29-18 10:31 AM
    Thanks for remind my previous work. If I have a chance to develop this one, I would join defiantly.
    04-29-18 11:02 AM
    If it can make light saber sounds when rotated... sign me up
    05-01-18 04:30 PM
50 12