This is what I think can be an improved Lock Screen. I will guide you how I see it working:

Lock Screen Concept-screen1.jpg

The above image is a normal lock screen, when nothing is under process, no music is being played that is.

Lock Screen Concept-screen2.jpg

If you are playing music, the lock screen will appear like this. If you click on any of the notifications, it will take you to the next screen:

Lock Screen Concept-screen3.jpg
    And if you click anywhere else you will go back to either the music screen or the normal lock screen.

The reason I prefer the blur in the last two screens is for the purpose of legibility. It may look very similar to ios7, but the way it appears is very different.

Another option is to add more tools on the lock screen, only the ones which we frequently use:

Lock Screen Concept-screen1e.jpg

The above tools will act exactly the way the camera opens, you have to press it for 3 seconds or maybe 2...

What do you think, feedback and criticism welcome
    04-19-14 12:26 PM
    Not bad at all. I think I'd prefer the version without the extra apps, though.

BTW, you wouldn't be interested in sharing that wallpaper, would you?
    04-19-14 12:56 PM
    That's good idea.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-14 01:02 PM
    I really like it. As @Elessar.cm said I like the one without the extra apps

Posted via CB10
    04-19-14 01:10 PM
    Thanks everyone!

Here is the wallpaper I used...

Lock Screen Concept-day_and_night.jpg
    Ecm likes this.
    04-19-14 02:46 PM
    Thanks for the wallpaper!
    04-19-14 02:55 PM
    Dude. I love this! Excellent! Probably the only things I miss from ios. Well if bb10 could do the swipe from left to go back in the browser and from right to go forward in it. But I love this. Keep it up

Finally posted from my BlackBerry Z30
    04-23-14 03:55 PM
    Looks good. Music on the lock screen needs to happen and I love the customised tools t like the torch too. I would put them vertically along the right hand side. Opposite the notification icons for symmetry. Just a thought.

Sent from my Z10. Or was it my Q10? Either way, it was sent from an awesome phone.
    04-23-14 10:19 PM
    YES!!! Tools along the right side would make it look great. Maybe put music along the bottom but I like the idea of making it look symmetrical.

Finally posted from my BlackBerry Z30
    04-23-14 11:19 PM
    Looks perfect

The Gamer's Network - C00015A31
    04-29-14 07:41 AM
    This is amazing. And there should be flexibility to change the weather icon set and moreover, the music icon is very compact. It should be in more space. Rest all is awesome. Bro. Amazing. Wish BlackBerry see this. And it can be very responsive.... good luck

Posted via CB10
    04-29-14 09:29 AM
    I turn off all my activity on the lock screen but if I could get the music on there without having to keep opening it up to view what's actually playing that'd be awesome. I've always wanted that feature.
    04-29-14 10:53 AM
    I really like the first couple with just the flashlight and camera icons. Maybe the top rectangle could be like a widget you swipe left and right to see weather, news, social network updates, etc. I think that would be amazing

Posted via CB10
    04-29-14 12:00 PM
    Brilliant lock screen, hope BlackBerry looks into this.

AT&T Z10
    04-29-14 12:05 PM
    I really like the first couple with just the flashlight and camera icons. Maybe the top rectangle could be like a widget you swipe left and right to see weather, news, social network updates, etc. I think that would be amazing

Posted via CB10
    That's a brilliant idea. I didn't think of it before...

On my Z10
    04-29-14 01:12 PM
    Not bad, but I think getting more tools on the lock screen is what the lock screen needs most and upcoming events notifications from your calendar.

Posted via CB10
    04-29-14 01:45 PM
    I would like it more without that hard line under the time. It hurts the flow, everything else is great. Especially the battery level in the bar itself.

Z10
    05-15-14 09:09 AM