Apperently people want a case for there phone that has been keyboard, maybe they should make a case for every phone that has a good BlackBerry keyboard, it would make money they could put towards app content. People miss keyboards it's clear, Typo did really well. BlackBerry should take advantage of it. In the short run it may shy customers away from there phones but in the long run they may attract more customers as they would want a better keyboard and yea. BlackBerry could make a profit and probably make more money, how much did Ryan Seacrest make? Also they could make one like the Typo, and they could make a sliding one for people who still want full screens, and the could make a slide out from the side (Landscape) Any one agree? They can make money on people who don't want a blackberry but still want a signature BlackBerry keyboard

Posted via CB10
    08-13-15 03:43 PM
    Most people will agree. That's pretty much what they should have done, instead they let others beat them to it.
    tdyhedge, bp2k7 and Chandra Prabu like this.
    08-13-15 03:57 PM
    Most people will agree. That's pretty much what they should have done, instead they let others beat them to it.
    1st, this is the first time you ever responded to me xD ur postes are my favorite

2nd, I know, they want to become a software company I understand that but if John Chen wants BlackBerry to succeed he needs to use every effort he has to make this company well branded again, a keyboard for other phones may help there reputation. Make people like the brand again...Idk but they should use all there assets to make money.

Posted via CB10
    sin-co likes this.
    08-13-15 04:35 PM
    a keyboard for other phones may help there reputation. Make people like the brand again...Idk but they should use all there assets to make money.
    It could help or it could hurt but like you, I think they need to use whatever they can to make money.
    Chandra Prabu likes this.
    08-13-15 04:39 PM
    Hmmm.

Posted via CB10
    08-13-15 04:50 PM
    The thing is this isn't just some random accessory.... it automatically reduces the screen size to fit, also there is no connection plug or Bluetooth pairing. Samsung designed the phones to allow for these new keyboards. And it looks as if the designed them to be difficult for anyone to offer aftermarket copy cats.... time will tell.

I do agree BlackBerry should make money anywhere they can.... But I think Samsung is not planning to get rich selling accessories, I think the plan is to give BlackBerry users a choice. They might have some "inside" info that leads them to believe that if BlackBerry users have to use Android anyway... why not get hardware that is top of the line.
    08-13-15 04:51 PM
    Apperently people want a case for there phone that has been keyboard, maybe they should make a case for every phone that has a good BlackBerry keyboard, it would make money they could put towards app content. People miss keyboards it's clear, Typo did really well. BlackBerry should take advantage of it. In the short run it may shy customers away from there phones but in the long run they may attract more customers as they would want a better keyboard and yea. BlackBerry could make a profit and probably make more money, how much did Ryan Seacrest make? Also they could make one like the Typo, and they could make a sliding one for people who still want full screens, and the could make a slide out from the side (Landscape) Any one agree? They can make money on people who don't want a blackberry but still want a signature BlackBerry keyboard

Posted via CB10
    I think it would be a good use of their IP. IMHO, they should start with their own snap on keyboard for the Note, and then maybe the iPhone 6+ phablet phones... Since it looks like they are likely venturing into Android pkb territory already... Would make a nice complement to a cross platform Hub.

Posted via CB10
    08-13-15 04:51 PM
    I think it's interesting that Samsung puts out a detachable keyboard before BB announces the slider/Venice or whatever it's called, especially since the slider is some sort of Edge derivative. Kinda takes the wind out of BB sails, a touch phone with a disappearing PKB.
    08-13-15 05:02 PM
    But I think Samsung is not planning to get rich selling accessories, I think the plan is to give BlackBerry users a choice.
    I dunno, margins on hardware are pretty thin across the board these days lol.
    08-13-15 05:22 PM
    Man, a slide out landscape keyboard by BlackBerry made for something say as the Z10 would have been sweet. BlackBerry really makes some nice feeling keypads

Posted via CB10
    08-14-15 12:20 AM
    Does anyone believe a poorly designed keyboard case by Samsung will help BlackBerry.

It illustrates that Samsung recognized that the market for a PKB indeed existed, despite what some have said.

Secondly it draws attention to the superiority of the BlackBerry Physical Keyboard Design.

And Third it will raised the interest in any PKB released by BlackBerry, especially by those who doubt the relevance of a PKB on a modern device. It's not just for your Father's BlackBerry anymore.

So before BlackBerry jumps in the market, let's wait and see what the response is and let's not cannibalize the sales of future BlackBerry products.

Posted via CB10
    08-14-15 04:00 PM
    Does anyone believe a poorly designed keyboard case by Samsung will help BlackBerry.

It illustrates that Samsung recognized that the market for a PKB indeed existed, despite what some have said.

Secondly it draws attention to the superiority of the BlackBerry Physical Keyboard Design.

And Third it will raised the interest in any PKB released by BlackBerry, especially by those who doubt the relevance of a PKB on a modern device. It's not just for your Father's BlackBerry anymore.

So before BlackBerry jumps in the market, let's wait and see what the response is and let's not cannibalize the sales of future BlackBerry products.

Posted via CB10
    I think it helps that one of the largest mobile oem's just made a pkb accessory for their two flagship product lines, for sure. I don't know the nature BlackBerry's relationship with Samsung these days but to market the Slider?

I'd just take a Note 5 with the snap on pkb, plunk it down beside the Slider (with keyboard extended preserving full 16x9 ratio), and take a picture. Nuff said, imho.
    08-14-15 07:54 PM
    Apperently people want a case for there phone that has been keyboard, maybe they should make a case for every phone that has a good BlackBerry keyboard...
    BlackBerry already has a patent for such a device they they just have to develop it

http://crackberry.com/blackberry-pat...touch-keyboard

Posted via CB10
    08-16-15 02:19 PM
    All samsung has to do is bring back the Samsung Blackjack as the Galaxy S Pro and people would be al over that phone

Posted via CB10
    08-26-15 12:30 AM