09-12-14 01:31 AM
30 12
tools
    Sanctity Design's William Sywyk presents the successor to the All Touch flagship Z30, the all new BlackBerry Aero.

Inspiration was
    Introducing the Successor to the BlackBerry Z30-blackberry-aero.jpg
    Introducing the Successor to the BlackBerry Z30-blackberry-aero3.jpg
    Introducing the Successor to the BlackBerry Z30-blackberry-aero2.jpg
    07-21-14 01:58 AM
    Sorry, but it is a bit blocky

Posted via CB10
    07-21-14 03:57 AM
    Sorry, but it is a bit blocky

Posted via CB10
    Considering your profile picture I'm not so sure.

Posted using my Z10 via CB10
    SubCamp, syah iejam and Shadowyugi like this.
    07-21-14 05:29 AM
    I think the specification should handle BlackBerry. These concepts should purely resume to the design.

Posted via CB10
    07-21-14 11:56 AM
    I think the specification should handle BlackBerry. These concepts should purely resume to the design.

Posted via CB10
    Huh?

07-21-14 01:55 PM
    Huh?

Yeah...I'm confused too.
    07-21-14 06:37 PM
    Considering your profile picture I'm not so sure.

Yes, since it's an all-touch slab, you feel the need to defend it, but I think his point are the corners. The Passport is all square and everything, but the corners are not actually sharp corners. They may look like that from a distance, but everything is smooth so that it's still easy to put into your pocket. I know it's most likely just the roughness of the render, but those corners are like defined pointy corners that will catch on everything... Looks like you can scrape paint off with the top edge, lol.

@OP
    Nice effort on the renders though, interesting concept, would be a definite departure on the visual side of it. Kind of doubt BB would go with something like this though... But good job thinking of something slightly different looking even though it's a glass slab.
    07-21-14 07:12 PM
    Yes, since it's an all-touch slab, you feel the need to defend it, but I think his point are the corners. The Passport is all square and everything, but the corners are not actually sharp corners. They may look like that from a distance, but everything is smooth so that it's still easy to put into your pocket. I know it's most likely just the roughness of the render, but those corners are like defined pointy corners that will catch on everything... Looks like you can scrape paint off with the top edge, lol.

@OP
    Nice effort on the renders though, interesting concept, would be a definite departure on the visual side of it. Kind of doubt BB would go with something like this though... But good job thinking of something slightly different looking even though it's a glass slab.

Thanks, and yes, it's the render, and my lack of knowing how to join and create more than basic smooth areas in the program, took like 3 hours to make this after drawing it up and refining the ideas. Actually, this is the second one I made, the first was very rough.
    07-21-14 08:59 PM
    Looks great!

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    BriniaSona likes this.
    07-21-14 09:33 PM

@OP
    Wow, you really have an issue with me. Clearly you don't actually understand my position regarding future BlackBerry devices at all.

I'm not defending this design at all. Certainly, it has nothing to do with it being a slab.

07-21-14 10:42 PM
    Wow, you really have an issue with me. Clearly you don't actually understand my position regarding future BlackBerry devices at all.

I'm not defending this design at all. Certainly, it has nothing to do with it being a slab.

Sure thing man. Just going by what I remember from the posts I remember you making. I guess I must have coincidentally missed each and every post where you expressed a different point of view from the trend I've noticed. My bad.
    07-22-14 12:13 AM
    That's one sexy looking BlackBerry. Should be designing for BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    BriniaSona likes this.
    07-22-14 12:16 AM
    Wait wait, let's not derail my post here, yes it's blocky, but that's because I suck at smoothing edges in the 3d software. I did my best though.
    07-22-14 12:16 AM
    Sure thing man. Just going by what I remember from the posts I remember you making. I guess I must have coincidentally missed each and every post where you expressed a different point of view from the trend I've noticed. My bad.
    I guess you must have missed it. Either that or you aren't getting what I'm saying.

07-22-14 02:35 AM
    It's good, if the phone is next in line for Porsche Design. It is indeed a beauty but it's too premium-looking, and BlackBerry is cost cutting.

But love the Tag Heuer-inspired design.

Posted via Nexus 7 (2012) for my Z10
    BriniaSona likes this.
    07-22-14 05:34 AM
    It's a very sporty design, I really like it, nice work
    If you render it in with some nice depth of field background it would look very nice.
    CDM76 likes this.
    07-22-14 10:47 AM
    what program do you use for creating renders?

Thanks, and yes, it's the render, and my lack of knowing how to join and create more than basic smooth areas in the program, took like 3 hours to make this after drawing it up and refining the ideas. Actually, this is the second one I made, the first was very rough.
    07-22-14 10:58 AM
    I used to design using Rhino and Flamingo. Here's a sample of a shift knob I designed for Audi TT a few years back.

Introducing the Successor to the BlackBerry Z30-shiftknob-1.jpg
    07-22-14 11:11 AM
    I used to design using Rhino and Flamingo. Here's a sample of a shift knob I designed for Audi TT a few years back.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ShiftKnob-1.jpg 
Views:	1516 
Size:	253.5 KB 
ID:	286449
    Nice, adding a glow to the inside of the knob where the oval-like openings are would be awesome, I recommend cool white with just a hint of blue.
    07-22-14 11:13 AM
    what program do you use for creating renders?
    Google Sketchup, now called SketchUp Make. It's meant for architecture mainly.
    07-22-14 11:13 AM
    Nice, adding a glow to the inside of the knob where the oval-like openings are would be awesome, I recommend cool white with just a hint of blue.
    Thanks did you get my 2nd reply?
    07-22-14 11:18 AM
    The charcoal stripe doesn't do it for me.

Posted via CB10
    07-22-14 11:23 AM
    Too big. Z30 is al ready pushing it for hand comfort/reach
    07-22-14 11:24 AM
    To the OP: Nice work. It definitely fits more into the Porsche Design elements.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ShiftKnob-1.jpg 
Views:	1516 
Size:	253.5 KB 
ID:	286449
    Nice Ziro1... keep keeping it Armenian
    07-22-14 11:39 AM
    To the OP: Nice work. It definitely fits more into the Porsche Design elements.

Nice Ziro1... keep keeping it Armenian
    Thank you
    Shnorhagal Yem
    Kamika007z likes this.
    07-22-14 11:42 AM
30 12