BlackBerry has released some pretty sweet accessories in the past. From their Bluetooth speakers, to the Music Gateway, there have been some pretty cool accessories that aren't BlackBerry device-dependent (cross-platform).

Why not build on their reputation of great keyboards and offer their touch-enabled style keyboard as an add-on Bluetooth 4.0 accessory that would work with any device? I don't think a "Typo" style is necessarily what I'm thinking, but something more like the PlayBook Keyboard case that they released, but make it touch-enabled, so it can be smaller (no need for a trackpad) and can allow swipe to delete, etc.

A full-size version for PCs would look more like an actual keyboard and they could take on the likes of Microsoft and Logitech and offer businesses a more efficient typing option (arguable, I know) and could even eliminate the need for a mouse (in some cases).

I've never actually used a Passport, but I LOVE the way my Z30 swipes to delete and can only imagine how cool it must be to activate the "trackpad" type controls in the touch enabled keyboard. A full size desktop option could be really neat and potentially cause a dramatic shift to the way we interact with our PCs. Imagine swiping to delete on a full size keyboard? Or activating a mouse without moving your hands off your keyboard?! Selecting a lot of text and grabbing areas might still be an issue and may result in the need for a mouse, but some of the main functions could potentially be accomplished in new ways, like the touch-enabled keyboard.

What if the keyboard also shipped with software that enabled word prediction and correction so you'd get on screen prompts that you could swipe up to... wow too many ideas... haha
    01-30-15 10:11 AM
    Hand Held Device - Sideloadable keyboard. Could be a tablet.
    Patent Images
    01-30-15 02:44 PM
    BlackBerry Origami

If they made this type of folding case with 4 row touch enabled keyboard for use with 16:9 devices and a magnetic hinge like the iPad's OEM cover.
    01-31-15 10:47 PM