• Bad or Most

1 100.00%
  • Blackberry doesn't Care

0 0%
  • I'll get a f(x) TEC Pro, tired of Blackberry

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/and...-wish-t3901184

I've had problems with Android and I've been a keyboard user, figured Blackberry would listen...
    Basically
    1. 2*Batteries + 2*MicroUSB Ports
    1A = Dual Charging: each Port being charged (Depends on Amps) allow each Battery to be charged seperately
    1B = Instant 50% Recharge: if Phone draws equal Power from both Batteries then when User removes 1 Battery then puts in a Full Charge one = Instant 50% Charge
    1B = Other scenarios is Lo/Hi Draw or Draw from 1 Battery & Prep Battery for Battery Removal via Display
    1B = Complex way would if the Battery Back Cover or LG G5's Chin switches which battery to draw power from and indicates with LED over the phone it isn't drawing power from

2. Any Keyboard Slider could have been Non-Bevel: put the Speakers & Sensors on an Angled Bezel and put the front cam on the Keyboard

3. Have 3 MicroSD Card Slots = Expand Internal Memory & RAM with ext4 Partition & Link OBB2SD and Swap for RAM

Link is full description
    04-15-19 12:55 AM
    We already have super fast charging. "User removes a battery"... so you want batteries to be removable? Two removable batteries would be a big engineering issue. Overall I see a LOT of additional cost with your design... with really no real sales benefit for the average user. I expect most here would simple like to see an extra 1000mAH and Quick Charge 4.0.

Two Batteries... I might see this for design purposes, if two were easier to deal with than one big one. But then that add to the complexity of the power systems - and cost..

#2 Doubt they make a slider, if they do... others have already worked out options from component placement.

#3 Would be cool... but space and components it would take is not worth it for BBMo. With their locked boot rom they aren't big with power users. And SD Memory isn't good for RAM. Why not just ask for 8GB of RAM and 128GB of Storage? Proable be cheaper than adding the slots an components you asked for.
    04-15-19 07:15 AM
    removable batteries wouldn't be an engineering issue.. what makes you think it will? this is 2019 not 2009

removable batteries are very important (gives us the opportunity to buy 3rd party ones with a much bigger mah)

I hope blackberry/etc bring removable batteries back... the classic was rumored to have it.. then we knew that wasn't true... same for KEY 1/2

It really is a tacky move (i myself don't want to be locked to a battery that will degrade over time) only takes a year when that begins.

I currently have an LG V20 with a 12,000 mah battery i can get a week on it (phone is thicker) but i don't care... safe to know my phone will be on long periods of time without having to worry about ^low battery^

We need removable bats on future BB devices.

FACT
    04-15-19 09:15 PM
    removable batteries wouldn't be an engineering issue.. what makes you think it will? this is 2019 not 2009

removable batteries are very important (gives us the opportunity to buy 3rd party ones with a much bigger mah)

I hope blackberry/etc bring removable batteries back... the classic was rumored to have it.. then we knew that wasn't true... same for KEY 1/2

It really is a tacky move (i myself don't want to be locked to a battery that will degrade over time) only takes a year when that begins.

I currently have an LG V20 with a 12,000 mah battery i can get a week on it (phone is thicker) but i don't care... safe to know my phone will be on long periods of time without having to worry about ^low battery^

We need removable bats on future BB devices.

FACT
    It's you opinion... and it is shared by many others here.

But that doesn't really make it a fact, nor is your view likely to sway BBMo in their design choices. With batteries lasting two - five years, and most users getting well over a days usage... I don't see this as a major point in 2019.

Back in my BBOS days and even on into my Z10 days... yes I always had a couple of spare batteries. But my last two phones didn't offer that option, but then they lasted all day. My only issues are sometimes on vacation when I out for 18 hours or so and using my phone for GPS, Info lookup, pictures and normal stuff... I need to carry around a small powerbank. Big deal. And a replacement battery is about $10 for my S7 (if I ever need one) and takes about 10 minutes to swap out.

I "get" that in some markets the battery size might be more of an issue... I'd kinda like to see a 5,000 mAh minimum..
    Bbnivende likes this.
    04-16-19 09:50 AM
    True.

They need to think and take their time to have a look at it.

Bold9900/Q10 etc have removable batteries.

Priv/key/evolve etc would be great to have a removed function... so in future company like ZERO LEMON could make a 10,000 mah battery or more? and it would bring in new life for the phone.

When you use GPS/TAKE PHOTOS/RECORD AT 4K/LISTEN TO MUSIC etc.
    04-17-19 05:08 PM
    1# Do you game? People who all day brarely use their phone, ask yourself could play games on phone for 1 hour and not risk dying early...games aren't the only power hungry thing.
    Depends on how the batteries are config'd I thought of 5.

#2 I so agree, they only seem to make sliders when they realize they are about to be yesterdays news (Torch came out when iPhone come out & Priv when BBos10 was terrible)...if F(x)tec pro1 starts kicking butt...I bet you their will be a another BBslider.

Have An internal 128GB vs an empty SDcard slot so you can expand your storage on your own vs buying a new phone also You want to keep the internal memory, ram & user storage seperate as 1 is encrypted, 1 burns the sdcard and another should be for backup.
    What if you want more RAM than Storage? Get another phone?

Also I was saying This features shouldn't be power/root user, they should be built in like adoptive storage on marshmellow.

Though upon using a Q10 & Passport and the problems that I got compared to a Froyo Android...I think Blackberry doesn't do anything for success.

We have the CEO in 2018 asking for a Bold...they might as well make BBs on KiaOS (A Non-Touch OS for a Keyboard Phone vs Dedicating Touch)
    05-06-19 06:26 PM