With the ugly looking TYPO too much hyped.. why not have a BB10 device which sports the features of touch as well as physical keyboard phone.

Hybrid Device (touch + keyboard)-finalpk.jpg

Design:
    Full Z30 features and dimensions
    USB port at bottom
    A USB keyboard component (not a back-cover design like typo) made up of same material as of the phone.
    such that when attached to the phone,the keyboard looks an integral part of the phone itself.
    (Also i would prefer USB connection instead of Bluetooth)

this way we can have both touch and physical keyboards whenever we want...
    I personally don't type much during daytime.... (whatever i do can be done with BB10's brilliant touch keyboard)
    but when i come home, after dinner i heavily use all my social apps and instant messengers and send work emails (long ones too). Here if i have an option of attaching a USB physical keyboard, would be great..!!

But it should be such that people can sport it... it should not look as a separate accessory..! when someone checks out my phone with the keyboard attached they should not come to know that its detachable... and when someone checks it without the keyboard.. the phone should look like a pure touch phone.
    like the phone showed below (but with detachable keyboard)
    http://forums.crackberry.com/attachm...kberry-q30.jpg

Inspiration: Hybrid Laptops

this is just my concept... imagine a device with FUSED OS AND TWO KEYBOARDS (HYBRID DEVICE)

What you guys think..??!!
    01-17-14 01:23 PM
    The Q phones have the keyboard plus the ability to use the screen as the ZED's.

Looks like a neat concept. The size seems like an issue, length, but who knows?
    01-17-14 01:36 PM
    That's a big NO from me.

Posted via CB10
    01-17-14 09:03 PM
    I asked one of the concept designers to come up with a hybrid design, but I went about it in a different way. I was asking about essentially naking a double sided phone. One face would have the Q-look with hardware qwerty keyboard, and the reverse side would have a full touchscreen surface.

I like the idea of a hybrid, but I don't think carrying around a separate keyboard component for the phone is the way to go about it.

Posted while peeking and flowing on my incredible BBQ10! ?
    01-19-14 08:05 AM
    Perhaps a Slider or a keypad that flips up from the back but an attachable KP - I would never use it and frankly these ports are not that robust.
    01-19-14 10:57 AM