If BlackBerry put another smaller screen where they would normally put a landscape sliding physical keyboard, the phone could be a lot thinner and lighter. Furthermore, the phone could put one of potentially many keyboard layouts on-screen instead of being stuck with a single layout. Even better, when the "keyboard" is open in portrait mode, the phone could display portrait oriented keyboard layouts on the keyboard display, the BlackBerry Hub, more Active Frames, or just about anything else. Granted, it wouldn't be as good as a well-designed physical keyboard, but it opens up a huge world of possibilities. Thoughts?

Posted via CB10
    04-12-15 03:43 PM
    Can you stop making new threads? So far this thread and the other one discuss your fantasy of making a horizontal slider (something I'm sure many people hated back in the day, as much as I did). Therefore it's the same topic and therefore should remain in one thread. Sure you're pitching an alternative to your idea (that most people disliked in your other thread) but pitch it in the thread you already made.

Also, we're not BlackBerry nor do most people here work at BlackBerry. If you think your idea (that I strongly dislike) is a real money-maker, go contact BlackBerry or Chen or pitch your own idea.
    Better yet, go make your own phones with your idea. Since you claim it'll make so much money, you make the phone and then get rich. We'll even let you laugh at us. And if you say "yeah, but I don't have the resources", well then my answer to you is "well neither does BlackBerry". They're barely keeping afloat and now you want them to use it all because 'you' (your other thread was an indication that very few people would actually like this idea) want one.

Now before I end my rant, I just want to say that I do agree with 1 thing you said; that BlackBerry needs to and should add landscape support throughout the whole os

Posted via CB10
    TongTungGiang likes this.
    04-12-15 04:28 PM
    Can you stop making new threads? So far this thread and the other one discuss your fantasy of making a horizontal slider (something I'm sure many people hated back in the day, as much as I did). Therefore it's the same topic and therefore should remain in one thread. Sure you're pitching an alternative to your idea (that most people disliked in your other thread) but pitch it in the thread you already made.

Also, we're not BlackBerry nor do most people here work at BlackBerry. If you think your idea (that I strongly dislike) is a real money-maker, go contact BlackBerry or Chen or pitch your own idea.
    Better yet, go make your own phones with your idea. Since you claim it'll make so much money, you make the phone and then get rich. We'll even let you laugh at us. And if you say "yeah, but I don't have the resources", well then my answer to you is "well neither does BlackBerry". They're barely keeping afloat and now you want them to use it all because 'you' (your other thread was an indication that very few people would actually like this idea) want one.

Now before I end my rant, I just want to say that I do agree with 1 thing you said; that BlackBerry needs to and should add landscape support throughout the whole os

Posted via CB10
    Having a rough weekend Patrick?

I find the concept intriguing, though I doubt we'd ever see it come to fruition. But ya never know. BlackBerry is building everything but ordinary as of late, to the extreme disappointment of me and many others.
    Bob Schnatterly likes this.
    04-12-15 05:12 PM
    I think that the Passport / OS10.3 supporting multiple named Active Frame sizes and providing APIs to poll the OS on what those sizes are giving apps the ability to render optimized Active Frame contents, I think better / complete support for landscape mode is on the horizon.

Posted via CB10
    04-12-15 05:32 PM
    Well, at the risk of trolling across a copied thread, I would actually like to see a Z10 refresh sport the sideways slide keyboard.

There are many who want the Z10 form factor. A keyboard would reel even more folks in, I would imagine.
    04-16-15 02:33 AM
    I do agree with 1 thing you said; that BlackBerry needs to and should add landscape support throughout the whole os
    Yo, and while we're at it, they should also allow the device display to rotate and be used upside down.
    pttptppt likes this.
    04-16-15 03:07 AM
    I actually thought this is a good idea except, what they should do is make a slider that can do both slide vertically and Horizontally, so you can do as you please what ever you feel is more comfortable. The screen idea is actually a cool idea, then you can change your keyboard to your link but the point of a physical keg is more accurate typing. but it's not a total bad idea

Posted via CB10
    Bob Schnatterly likes this.
    04-27-15 02:28 PM