I've missed my 9810 in some ways, no matter what followed. And the Note 2, Xperia Z Ultra, and Passport are all great phones in their own ways. But I still crave the perfect slider and I think that would be a Passport slider. Here are my thoughts:

1) The slider that was just introduced looks closer in size to the Z Ultra. So, it may not be very pocketable.

2) Blackberry is very security conscious. But, in a room full of people, if there's a would be hacker trying to figure out what you're typing hoping for a password, every extended reach to the screen area is a clue he can eliminate the 26 letters for that slot.

Because of those two, my idea is the Passport II. The front would be all screen, the slider keyboard would be a full keyboard (so, no extended reaching), and it would be the same size and shape as the present Passport. Pocketable, more secure, and still having a monster screen.

Anyone with me on this one?
    03-11-15 11:59 AM
    pics would do more justice/help explain better, just a tip...
    03-11-15 12:01 PM
    pics would do more justice/help explain better, just a tip...
    Probably. But it's a nonexistent phone. And my drawing skills might confuse people more than my pics would help. But I don't think it;s hard to look at our Passports and imagine them with more screen area where the present keyboard is. Then add a full keyboard sliding down from behind.

If you're talking about the typing, Just watch your thumbs as you go for numbers or characters.
    03-11-15 12:50 PM
    But don't you think in that case, when we slide the keyboard out, the phone would be too massive to hold. People are complaining about the size even now.

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport - 10.3.1.2243
    03-11-15 03:36 PM
    Don't think so but they could make a Passport Slider on full touch front (square screen) then the keyboard on a slider sliding down from behind so it would appear like the current Passport.

Pasaporte Pilipinas | SQW100-1/10.3.1.2480
    03-11-15 03:40 PM
    I like it! Size doesn't bother me. I'm intrigued.

Posted via CB10
    03-11-15 03:41 PM
    You mean the "Blackberry Strong"

WARNING: THIS IS A CONCEPT DRAWING, NOT A REAL PHONE SO PLEASE DON'T READ THIS COMMENT AND START A THREAD BELIEVING THAT THIS IS AN AUTHENTIC BLACKBERRY DESIGN CONCEPT. IT WAS MADE BY A FAN

Here's A Slider Idea-blackberry-strong.jpg
    Here's A Slider Idea-blackberry-strong-concept-what-passport-could-have-been.jpg
    tomsobon and jdesignz like this.
    03-11-15 04:14 PM
    But don't you think in that case, when we slide the keyboard out, the phone would be too massive to hold. People are complaining about the size even now.

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport - 10.3.1.2243
    From the looks of the present promised slider, this should still be shorter.
    03-11-15 05:07 PM
    You mean the "Blackberry Strong"

WARNING: THIS IS A CONCEPT DRAWING, NOT A REAL PHONE SO PLEASE DON'T READ THIS COMMENT AND START A THREAD BELIEVING THAT THIS IS AN AUTHENTIC BLACKBERRY DESIGN CONCEPT. IT WAS MADE BY A FAN

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	blackberry-strong.jpg 
Views:	1626 
Size:	22.5 KB 
ID:	340497
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BlackBerry-Strong-concept-is-what-the-Passport-could-have-been.jpg 
Views:	1581 
Size:	65.3 KB 
ID:	340498
    Thanks, thedose, that fits what jdesignz said. My idea was to take the whole present Passport as screen, so it's more tablet like. Then add a slider full physical keyboard. Either way, that's a sweet rendering.
    03-11-15 05:14 PM
    4:3, we meet again. Accept it, you're never going to happen.
    thedose likes this.
    03-11-15 05:22 PM
    Thanks, thedose, that fits what jdesignz said. My idea was to take the whole present Passport as screen, so it's more tablet like. Then add a slider full physical keyboard. Either way, that's a sweet rendering.
    Is the image I posted not just the passport screen with slide-out keyboard? That's what I thought your concept was? what's so different? is it because the picture I posted has a bottom bezel (so you can actually hold it when the phone is closed as opposed to holding it via the screen and accidentally activating things?) Phones must have a bottom bezel, otherwise it will activate sh!t when you're holding it (similar setting to pocket dialing)
    03-11-15 07:47 PM
    Is the image I posted not just the passport screen with slide-out keyboard? That's what I thought your concept was? what's so different? is it because the picture I posted has a bottom bezel (so you can actually hold it when the phone is closed as opposed to holding it via the screen and accidentally activating things?) Phones must have a bottom bezel, otherwise it will activate sh!t when you're holding it (similar setting to pocket dialing)
    No. jdesignz talked about was square screen. I was talking about using the whole Passport, including present keyboard area, for screen. I'm not sure it needs much lip because you can palm it. And you'd be using the full physical kb when you're typing, which would include the number keys, with something like an Alt key pressed with a key for symbols.
    03-12-15 12:34 AM
    No. jdesignz talked about was square screen. I was talking about using the whole Passport, including present keyboard area, for screen. I'm not sure it needs much lip because you can palm it. And you'd be using the full physical kb when you're typing, which would include the number keys, with something like an Alt key pressed with a key for symbols.
    Oh!!!! Ok, woah, you want a HUGE screen!

That would pretty much be the LG Vu with a slide-out keyboard, yes?
    03-12-15 07:15 AM

I don't know. I haven't seen an LG Vu. But the Xperia Z Ultra is part of my arsenal. The Passport is the same width. But what I'm proposing should still be shorter, even with the proposed full physical kb.
    03-12-15 08:54 AM
    The LG Vu is what the passport would be if it were touchscreen only
    03-12-15 11:05 AM
    Ok. You've seen both. So, I'll take your word for it.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    03-12-15 09:27 PM

Just looked on GSMArena. The Vu is really close. But a Passport style screen, filling most of the area. There probably doesn't need to be much of a bottom lip, since there's no virtual kb.
    03-13-15 10:52 AM