a picture tells more than words, but i'm not very skilled at rendering. The idea is a slider on a 4/3 device (like the passport) but with sliding on both sides of the portrait mode with half the keyboard on eachide side and using the open space to grip it. but i'd like also the moving part to roll backward either to make a portrait stand or up to join at 90 to make a landscape stand.
    anyone interested in the idea?
    Or anyone already knowing an existing rendering of a similar concept ?
    09-30-14 02:54 PM
    That's pretty interesting.
    10-01-14 09:31 AM
    Interesting idea. Not something I would get but there might be a market for it. One question, where does the space bar go? Will it be split between both sides?

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    10-01-14 06:14 PM
    I'm more thinking of split both side. Maybe vertical at the edge of the screen or in the bottom. I guess it would need testing to have the best layout (or maybe a couple of models to propose the 2 best two alternative layouts).
    somehow just 4 rows a bit like these with alt+shift+space at bottom. And on the right alt gives a number keypad, whilst on the left the punctuation signs.
    I also think that a swipe per row could be used for word suggestions with the suggested words being on screen on vertical bar on sides of the screen with some transparency, same for accentuated letters. For the later I would rather use two hands 1 press on alt + press on the accent on screen (or swipe like suggested word), rather that long press + second press on accent .
    Thanks to the angle the swipe for suggested word shall be distinguished from the swipe to delete words, or at worst one may make suggestion on the first 3 rows, and keep the last row for deleting.
    Just a rough idea (that's why I need someone doing better that my paint drawings!)
    Help needed to render a concept-proto.jpg
    The later shows that the suggestion can go in the way, would need thinking about it...
    Help needed to render a concept-proto2.jpg
    10-02-14 05:01 AM
    ^^^
    10-02-14 03:33 PM
    I could help you out. I get the idea, just don't think I would use it.

Posted On A Wind Mobile Z10 Bought On Launch Day! STL100-3
    10-05-14 06:51 PM
    Why not? (not challenging, would need to have the actual reason to understand why it isn't attractive).

On the spec, I was thinking of 1440x1920 res, so that if can easily render a fullhd movie. I guess part of the bezel could be saved with using an izgo/amoled display so that the metal frame can wrap until the screen.

Any any better rendering is welcome.
    10-06-14 04:31 AM
    While it could be very useful, I can't fathom myself using a phone with 2 things sticking out the side.

Posted On A Wind Mobile Z10 Bought On Launch Day! STL100-3
    10-06-14 09:05 AM