The possibilities are endless. But for me, some feature I would dearly love to see are:

1- return of landscape pkb phones. There just aren't any anymore, although the passport comes close. I just think these phones are more comfortable to type on due to the extra length for the keyboard.

2- foldable phone. The tech is there, and these phones are coming out by year end. They could represent the next big thing in smartphones, if implemented well. And if they are not too easily damaged.

3- this one is a pet peeve. Capability to use a smartphone as a tv / DVD or bluay player remote control!! To date, no such phone exists. It's an easy concept but does require extra internal hardware. But I can see how this would be so useful to many people. Not everyone has a smart TV, and people lose remotes all the time. There are some apps which can control an external box that creates the rf frequencies to function as a remote, but that isn't the same thing and requires a separate purchase.

The Guide is definitive. Reality is frequently inaccurate.
    01-18-17 03:53 PM
    (Moved to "Concepts and Dream Devices" forum)
    01-18-17 04:01 PM
    I have Verizon Fios. I can control my HD boxes and TVs in up to 5 rooms with my phone and/or iPad
    01-18-17 04:21 PM
    a PKB but not bigger than a 9900 that is able to get updates for security, batter camera for macro shots.....

Ok so basically what I have but go back 5 years....

-sent from a beautiful Bold 9900
    01-18-17 05:11 PM
    The possibilities are endless. But for me, some feature I would dearly love to see are:

1- return of landscape pkb phones. There just aren't any anymore, although the passport comes close. I just think these phones are more comfortable to type on due to the extra length for the keyboard.

2- foldable phone. The tech is there, and these phones are coming out by year end. They could represent the next big thing in smartphones, if implemented well. And if they are not too easily damaged.

3- this one is a pet peeve. Capability to use a smartphone as a tv / DVD or bluay player remote control!! To date, no such phone exists. It's an easy concept but does require extra internal hardware. But I can see how this would be so useful to many people. Not everyone has a smart TV, and people lose remotes all the time. There are some apps which can control an external box that creates the rf frequencies to function as a remote, but that isn't the same thing and requires a separate purchase.

I can honestly say that nothing on your list appeals to me.

I want a reliable phone that has a great camera , plenty of storage, great accessories and an OS that is always up to date.
    01-18-17 11:29 PM
    A phone that can make me rich, famous and irresistible to all the ladies.

If it could make phone calls and send texts too that would be a bonus.
    01-19-17 03:26 AM
    3- this one is a pet peeve. Capability to use a smartphone as a tv / DVD or bluay player remote control!! To date, no such phone exists. It's an easy concept but does require extra internal hardware. But I can see how this would be so useful to many people.
    Can't phones with an infrared port control your TV?

Posted via CB10
    01-19-17 10:27 PM
    Durable - hardened screen and waterproof
    Great Battery Size and Quick Charging
    Good Camera with ability to take photos in low lighting
    01-20-17 02:22 PM
    I'm generally referring to new features not yet seen in a smartphone. But otherwise, sure it's good to be waterproof, have 4+ gb ram, have unbreakable glass. I'd prefer a pkb and bb10, but that's dreaming. Realistically, an android with pkb is probably the best to hope for.

I'd like to see a super fast e'ink screen that approximates the refresh speed of an lcd screen. That would be awesome and could provide weeks-long run time on one charge. The tech isn't there yet, though. Closest is the yotaphone 2, but that is a slow and old phone now.

01-20-17 02:42 PM
    Can't phones with an infrared port control your TV?

Posted via CB10
    There are also apps that already do this (Comcast for example).

Posted via CB10
    03-04-17 09:11 AM