10-28-15 12:27 PM
56 123
tools
    Of course we old farts want the curved key board and high end look of metal bezel. On the Q10 forum somebody modified the Q10 by buying parts on Amazon.
    04-11-14 06:34 PM
    Bro Bro. That's hot. I bow down.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-14 07:46 PM
    New Picture

More presentable.

[Fan-Made] BlackBerry Z70-z702.jpg
    gpompeus and Mamaluka like this.
    04-12-14 08:58 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Z702.jpg 
Views:	5388 
Size:	165.9 KB 
ID:	262760
    You never cease to amaze. Bravo once again.
    04-12-14 09:56 PM
    Now put a quick quad-core, 3GB ram, 4000 mah battery and the fastest gpu. Build a small set of specific accessories for it ( bluetooth keyboard + little mouse + otg + microhdmi) and sell the whole package for 800$! I am sure it will sell like hell!

Posted via CB10
    04-13-14 05:03 AM
    BriniaSona presents the BlackBerry Z70. This device is meant to replace both your full touch Z device and your PlayBook that BlackBerry no longer supports. The BlackBerry Z70 sports a beautiful 2560 x 1440 Super AMOLED Edge to EdgeDisplay with 438PPI. But this isn't the Z70's defining feature. The star feature of the Z70 is the unique E-Belt.

With a quick toggle of the E-Belt Quick Setting, the BlackBerry Logo fades into the darkness and a Tactic Trackpad, EndCall, Call, BlackBerry and Back Button rises from the touch sensitive Bezel to provide the user with Tactile, but touch screen button,s thanks to Tactic Tactile Technology. With the same toggle of the Quick Setting, the Tactic Buttons fades back into the screen and the BlackBerry Logo returns to your Bezel.

Another Feature unique the Z70 is the Touch Secretive Volume Rocker. The Touch Volume Rocker allows the user to slide upwards on the rockeror downwards on the rocker to quickly adjust adjust volume. Traditional long pressing of the up or down switches between songs or media. The Touch Sensitive Rocker also acts as the camera controls for zooming and taking the picture.

Along with these changes, the Z70 now allows for split screen applications as well as up to 9 Active Frames on one screen.

Attachment 262757
    Attachment 262758
    Attachment 262434
    I like overall design and thinness but I find back appalling. Good Work!

Posted via CB10
    04-14-14 12:53 AM
    I like overall design and thinness but I find back appalling. Good Work!

Posted via CB10
    Any suggestions for the back mate
    04-14-14 01:19 AM
    Any suggestions for the back mate
    Carbon fiber would be cool

Posted via CB10
    04-14-14 11:07 AM
    Wow! You can have 9 active frames *drooooooool

Posted via CB10
    04-16-14 10:43 AM
    04-30-14 11:38 PM
    Wouldnt a phablet with no bevel be really annoying to use? You'd be constantly fussing about how you hold it, trying not to trigger accidental touches.
    05-01-14 12:03 AM
    True, but the way i hold the Z30, My fingers other then the one used for gestures and clicking doesn't touch the bezels. I hold it similar to the hand picture posted above. And when i do hold the bezel on the z30 it's usually that ingeniously placed silver footer.
    05-01-14 08:02 AM
    I'll take two...or three
    05-01-14 12:32 PM
    As a tablet user, i find the notion of no bezel a little wrong for a tablet like device.

With a tablet you are constantly changing orientation, holding it live a novel while you read content and so on (websites for example are better in landscape, books better in portrait). When your in bed, or sitting on a couch or chair (amongst best places to use a tablet), the way you hold and use a tablet is quite different to how people hold a smart phone on the bus or down the street, the whole thing is very casual, like holding a small novel in one hand - because theres no big concern about dropping it, and you have those nice thicker bevels, so no need to hold it in a way to avoid touching the screen or like it is made of china.

Because your not squinting at the device's screen too, you don't need to hold it so close to your eyes either.

There are some tablets with thinner side bevels (basically none with no side bevels, like this), but I wouldn't buy them (like the ipad mini style) , because I know how useful the bevels are for holding the device, despite adding size to the device.

In fact, if I wanted a more portable device, I wouldn't skim on the bevels much - id reduce the screen size. A 6.5 inch screen device with same proportion bevels could fit into a mans inside jacket pocket, or a womans purse. 6-6.5 inch screens are a good size for phablets IMO (not so much for phones though, guess you'd want a bluetooth earpiece or something). I put my seven inch screen tablet in a snug shoulder bag with a long strap, and its pretty easy to carry that way, no way it will fall out, pretty light. If I want a portable PC with me, and I am not just leaving the house to go to the beach, get groceries, or buy milk, thats my person go to. Although it gets constant use at home.

But if it were very slightly smaller, it would go in an inside jacket pocket. Which would add to the portability a fair bit.

For around inside environments, work, home, others places, a 7-8 inch seens to work very well. Up to eight inch, you can still hold it in one hand, like a novel if its not heavy. Both are reasonably portable, even if you can't pocket them.

Although I wouldn't want to use one to work on _all day_ - for that a 9.7 with a keyboard case/powerbook makes more sense - or a better a desktop or laptop.

The main advantage of a smart phone over a tablet, because its smaller screened, lower spec, is that its slightly more portable than a seven inch tablet (although much less portable than a feature phone). The bigger the screen and device size, the less this is true. This is why phablets I think really anything bigger than 5 inches, should probably be called a hybrid - a phablet. Although you can get bigger phablets that are use more for net than calling, i think they really sit ideally between 5.5 and 6.5. And perhaps these can have slightly smaller bevels to increase portability, but I would not strip one set of bevels away entirely, it leads to less ease of use.

Basically what we are talking about between 5 and 7 inches, and the size of the bevel is two things - 1) better use as a computer, ease of use 2) better portability. If your skimping hard on the bevels, your favouring number 2 - but by having a bigger screen, your favouring number 1. You want to either pick one, or blend the two, not have two contradictory design elements, IMO. Its like a smart phone that wants to be a tablet, but doesn't quite get it right.

I would, instead of making it edge of screen, retain a thin bevel on the side. And I would also go for a 6.5 inch screen. This should make it easily fit into a mans inside jacket pocket. Although at this point it will be nearly impossible for a person with small hands to use for calling.

All this will change when graphene comes into the game later, but just my 2c on bevels, size, etc.

I do also wonder what place this would have in blackberries potential markets. Business people if they need content creation on the go, would be more likely to have a real phablet, tablet or powerbook - and they would definately want those bevels if they were going for a keyboardless jobbie, so its easier to use the device more actively. But a lot of people who use tablets and use them for school, or work actually have keyboard cases for putting in input, which largely removes the added portability of an only slightly smaller device.

Average users who are more about veiwing videos, or games, or websites than interactive functions, might want it (large screen, but harder to hold than a tablet, thus harder to use as a touch device)- people who use their devices in a more casual, all the time, but not particularly active input way - its primary purpose would be watching things or veiwing things, like a portable net/tv, but these types are more enamoured with samsung - and they could get the same sort of thing cheaper from china than any US manufacturer.

The brand image that blackberry already has isn't going to attract people that want to watch movies on the bus, or do quick googles, I don't think.
    toneytone likes this.
    05-01-14 08:20 PM
    Great Idea + Design.... but please also with a pen... the Note needs an alternative

for Business )
    05-09-14 07:54 AM
    My god, I want the Y10 & Z70. Those phones are just flat out... Gnarly
    BriniaSona likes this.
    05-13-14 07:00 PM
    Hey, does anyone know what happened to the kid who designed all those concept phones on here? He had at least a dozen different types. Can't remember his screen name. All his threads are gone.???

Sent from my SCH-I605 using CB Forums mobile app
    05-13-14 07:32 PM
    Ziro1 is his name. All his designs are gone???

05-13-14 07:59 PM
    Z1R0 I think.
    05-13-14 08:00 PM
    Yeah that's the guy. All his posts are gone, like he never existed!

05-13-14 10:34 PM
    I wish BlackBerry could make this phone for me. But it'd have no support or anything, lol.
    05-14-14 06:07 AM
    Thats huge man

Amazing z10. But stupid battery
    BriniaSona likes this.
    05-16-14 01:02 AM
    I should add water resistant to the thing.
    06-04-14 02:41 AM
    phablet announced! Is it this beast, is it my Z70! let it be so!.
    06-11-14 06:43 AM
    Would the e-ink belt work on a Q20 Classic? This might be the best of both worlds.

Would that solve the track button wearing out? Typing letters and numbers with one finger is a pain. Don't see why the tool belt can't be "e".

This comment is strickly referring to Q20 where the tool belt could be optional. Use the tool belt for emails and messages. Don't use it when surfing or games. I really speaking out my rear as I have no idea what programimg it would take to write the OS to do this. Is it possible?
    Uh, that's if you think the trackpad is the only reason why you would want the toolbelt... I want it for the call send and end buttons, THEN the trackpad... If those two are not PHYSICAL BUTTONS that do not care whether the screen is on or off during a phone call, then that renders the toolbelt USELESS. So all of this "virtual toolbelt" comments from people really just have to gain some perspective. Add a virtual trackpad to the Q30 and the Z's. The "Classic" better have the real deal...
    06-19-14 03:31 AM
56 123