11-20-16 07:29 PM
37 12
tools
    LOL, the comments are better than the device, actually It reminds me an old Nokia Project

http://www.concept-phones.com/wp-con...-concept-1.jpg
    11-18-16 02:05 PM
    Moved this to the Concepts and Dream Devices subforum, better place for it.
    11-18-16 02:10 PM
    All we need is a device that looks like this, and BlackBerry are back in the game.
    Concept BlackBerry Phone Edition Future technology

Flying the BB10 flag with the wonderful Z30
    Yup that might do it. They NEED something different, something radical to get people looking at their devices again. Once they are in the door the rest is up to the device specs and "handling."

There was a physical KB model similar to this(diamond shaped) one a few years ago that was also a concept, I'll see if I can find the pic.

"The 99's charms will tug at your heart. Nothing else ever approached such exquisite perfection"-idssteve
    graylingboy likes this.
    11-18-16 04:08 PM
    Here it is, that reminded me of this BLackberry concept phone from 2010.....

http://blog.asiantown.net/-/4147/new...-black-diamond

"The 99's charms will tug at your heart. Nothing else ever approached such exquisite perfection"-idssteve
    graylingboy likes this.
    11-18-16 04:10 PM
    You must have a different definition of a gazillion than me. After all, we are talking about the end of BlackBerry's problems here. If they sold a 'gazillion' Passports, which most deemed ugly, we wouldn't be having this discussion.
    I think waiting for 10.3.3 must have made me lose the plot. I think the Passport was, and is gorgeous. The type of thing I was referring to was the likes of the Pearl , big time munter!! Even my personal favourite, the Bold 9000 was no looker, but sold like hot cakes.

Flying the BB10 flag with the wonderful Z30
    11-18-16 04:18 PM
    Concept cars and phones are always so much cooler than the real, final products.

Sent from my BlackBerry Passport SE
    11-18-16 04:22 PM
    To be honest, that is one of the most ugly phones ever.
    Mirko935 likes this.
    11-19-16 03:57 AM
    IMHO1) industry design is not BB's strong suit. the proposed is not improve much. However, the effort that fanboys and girls put out are impressive to see the close emotional attachment.
    (2) do like 9982 (not 9983) design, the color, the black software face, the corner stand out with both front and back logo. (not mention the clock and hidden way of un-lock the next level plus the team image... smart, like the designer signature of apple pwb in early days, and the VLSI mask art on the IC chip... it showed pround ownership of the maker to be associated with the design... by put a face/signature/personal symbol claim the results... not like some designer, try to escape to "next greener field" before the product hit to the market... = before the field return show up at the door...because in the bottom of his or her heart, knowingly the work was half cooked)
    (3) form fit and function is primary goal for the design. BB would hit mid mark (but the award keep pile up... what I am going to judge? I think that may cloud some of the designer's eyes... what you want? collect more award or get more market share? look like the award didn't play that much of trick on the market share..passport still out there - most, including other platform fan consider it ugly, than few BB fan consider its beautiful... most mention the functional when claim its beauty... I would say the beauty is in the function... design is still not that up to par... vision, ratio, weight balance leave a lot to be desired to - check the greek and roman architecture... thousand years of human being dna was trained to assessing the beauty with some meth build in to our brain, that including our face ratio that got common view of beauty for example... hard to change that).
    (4) color, material got a lot to do with design.. glassy (not really glass), metallic, some shade of earthy tone are associate with richness, where as primary color associate with youth, new, eye catching... would love to see some blueish grey metallic color or black for the high end, primary color used for 1957 Canadian famous doomed plane would be stand out enough to remind for the BB root and its struggle in hardware. Material - touch feel and user friendly and protect the device would be key consideration. however, the demand of water proof, drop and scratch free etc add restriction as well as cost... the user usually want but not willingness to pay.
    (5) 10.3.2 are result of struggle to perfection... 10.3.3 long road... too bad the timing is not on BB side... app still counts (counts much less now than before...facebook may be new to some other country, but NA kids has moved on... Grand pa and ma took over... for example...similar to some apple stuff, the user moved on... the face time are more main stream than early adoptor... AR, VR are different story... too bad BB may not have the strength to fight - perfect timing, for another day using 10.3.3...QNX/car - might be...how to take advantage to revive BB10 will take visionary and hands on team with strong leader).
    (6) as a share holder, worked in bleeding edge few times with many scare, it is interesting to see it play out... (ready to sell the company, like nokia to microsoft? or otherwise... concept hardware and software would need to be price catching (not award catching) good... keep my finger acrossed.
    11-19-16 10:13 AM
    All we need is a device that looks like this, and BlackBerry are back in the game. Concept BlackBerry Phone Edition Future technologyFlying the BB10 flag with the wonderful Z30
    That looks like somebody snapped a BB Style in half and I quite liked the style of the Style btw....but that was then and this is now.
    11-19-16 01:36 PM
    BB doesnt make smartphones and they dont make an OS either. They have no apps and somehow you think a company that has sold maybe 10 million phones since 2007 has a chance of selling a "Gazillion" of anything? Get back top me when they hit a Billion of anything
    11-19-16 03:22 PM
    Yuck.. stick to big screens and keyboards please..

Posted via CB10
    11-20-16 04:26 PM
    As long as there is the name BlackBerry nobody will want it or even care to look at it.
    11-20-16 07:29 PM
37 12