This is pretty far fetched, but I was having some fun with the idea.

I remember hearing stuff a few years back about a "Facebook Phone." Not THE Facebook phone that's been in development for ages, but like a phone, it was a Motorola I think (could be wrong), that was designed with Facebook being the main feature of the phone. Designated physical Facebook button I think. The other inspiration for this idea is that as I high school kid, I see iPhones everywhere with my age group, and there are plenty of people who don't really use anything other than Snapchat. I tease these people and say they have a "Snapchat phone". I'm not saying iPhone is a Snapchat Phone, but its the most Snapchat friendly experience, so it would be the phone to get if you want Snapchat I guess.

Anyways, BlackBerry as an Instagram phone. Forget that Instagram won't make an app for BB10 and that BlackBerry is very unpopular among the Instagram type of people anyways. Maybe this is an idea of what BlackBerry could have been if they'd tried to be hip in the early iPhone era, or maybe in five years or something like that. Probably not, but whatever.

The main driver to this idea is the unique square screen on a BlackBerry. Instagram pictures have to be square, and when using a rectangular phone you have to crop your photos. So put a killer camera on a BlackBerry and you've got the best smartphone Instagram pics right there pretty much. It just seems to me that, while something like the Twitter app is well suited for a rectangular screen, the Instagram app would fit a square screen perfectly. Not as big as a Passport, not as small as a Q10, something in between. It would be the go-to device for an avid Instagramer. That's all I'm getting at really.

This concludes my mind dumb. If you read all of that, thanks, and leave a comment if you have anything to add
    08-23-14 11:39 PM
    Wow. That's a fascinating concept. Actually I like the idea :P I'm planning to get the passport as it comes out. This surely makes me more curious and pumped up to buy the Passport. I use instagram quite often to share photos of my pets. I think the Passport screen and camera would do instagram justice .
    08-23-14 11:43 PM
    Haha thanks! I'm looking forward to the passport as well

Posted via CB10
    08-24-14 12:13 AM
    As long as it automatically applies an all-zero kernel filter to any selfies... then sure.

Posted via CB10
    08-24-14 01:34 AM
    The facebook phone was a htc

Posted via CB10
    Z10NIZED likes this.
    08-24-14 02:23 AM