Imagine the 9900 with android running on it. But instead of the traditional BlackBerry toolbelt, the android toolbelt would be converted into hardware buttons and a trackpad in the center!

Or a hybrid toolbelt would be created, combining and utilizing the best of BlackBerry features and android.

Let's see some mock ups of that!
    01-09-17 05:42 PM
    Nah.....
    01-09-17 07:05 PM
    I would like to see an android phone with a toolbelt.
    The phone doesn't have to be bold sized. Even the Priv or Mercury would have benefited from the toolbelt

Posted via CB10
    01-18-17 07:41 AM
    Android running rotated 90deg on a 2.8" screen. Dare to dream.
    01-18-17 09:38 AM
    I would like to see an android phone with a toolbelt.
    The phone doesn't have to be bold sized. Even the Priv or Mercury would have benefited from the toolbelt

Posted via CB10
    How much extra space would a toolbelt add to the length to already elongated phones?

What would a Tool Belt do, in relation to Android and Android apps? Without BlackBerry doing some major coding.

I don't disagree that the Tool Belt would be beneficial for BlackBerry users. A few are saying the Mercury's keyboard is a little cramped as it is.... A Tool Belt just doesn't work with the required Android screen sizes and general Android functionality.
    01-18-17 09:53 AM
    How much extra space would a toolbelt add to the length to already elongated phones?

What would a Tool Belt do, in relation to Android and Android apps? Without BlackBerry doing some major coding.

I don't disagree that the Tool Belt would be beneficial for BlackBerry users. A few are saying the Mercury's keyboard is a little cramped as it is.... A Tool Belt just doesn't work with the required Android screen sizes and general Android functionality.
    Does it need extra space?
    Creating a new tool belt-blackberry-mercury.jpg
    Why can't they cover up the triangle-circle-square part with the toolbelt. The triangle already does what our back arrow does. The circle is already the end key. Just make a long-press of the back arrow become the square.

What would the toolbelt do?
    Well, It would be pretty sweet if they did the coding that you are referring to. I can dream
    But without that coding, my toolbelt already functions in some android apps, depending on how they were originally written. The back button always works. The trackpad is the next most reliable part as it moves the cursor, the  key sometimes opens long-press menus.

Yeah, i'm curious to find out for myself about the Mercury keyboard.
    Yeah, you're probably right about toolbelt functionality on android. I just wish it wasn't that way. I'd love to have such a useful tool be applied to such a popular OS

Posted via CB10
    01-18-17 10:12 AM
    Imagine the 9900 with android running on it. But instead of the traditional BlackBerry toolbelt, the android toolbelt would be converted into hardware buttons and a trackpad in the center!

Or a hybrid toolbelt would be created, combining and utilizing the best of BlackBerry features and android.

Let's see some mock ups of that!
    Sure, a 2.8" display in 2017. Who will buy that beside you?

Posted via CB10 - Z30 STA100-5
    01-18-17 10:28 AM
    I would. The 9900 has been my favorite form factor and keyboard on any phone.

Q10 is a close second. I love smaller phones.
    01-18-17 10:30 AM
    I would. The 9900 has been my favorit form factor and keyboard on any phone.

Q10 is a close second. I love smaller phones.
    and you are not alone.
    My daughter is bugging me ever since 2014 when she had to swoop from her beloved Curve 8320 to a Q10, still refusing a brand new Classic in favour to her Q10, a smaller updated 9900 with Passport specks would be selling like hotcakes.
    nevertheless I prefer a slightly larger device like the Classic because of my large hands.

Sad for sure they dropped the 9900 form factor which definitely is gold standard.

Posted via - OS-10.3.++ device, it's all you need
    01-23-17 10:55 AM
    Well, with the OP, ominaxe and hobgoblin1961's daughter we have three buyers!
    01-23-17 06:51 PM
    yeah great news ;-)
    but I guess this three buyers are only the few that are committing their addiction in public provided this dream device sporting OS10... LoL... lots more of the hidden junkies out there ;-P

Posted via - OS-10.3.++ device, it's all you need
    01-24-17 04:15 AM
    01-24-17 04:50 AM
    Count me in!

#soon, later, later this year, fiscal year, commitment,...blablabla ~J.BlaBla Chen
    01-24-17 04:54 AM
    I wish I could see one.

Posted via CB10
    ShalokShalom likes this.
    06-24-17 11:33 AM