Just curious, BlackBerry and Microsoft will eventually if not now fight over mobile smartphones. The only problem is Microsoft (Besides from having billions in the bank) has tablets and computers. There new approach is gaining them App development by Mark games you make on the computer available to Tablets and phones (vise versa). I think BlackBerry should compete in this as they are business oriented, those people need laptops and tablets. Computer with bb10 (Add more writing software and others etc [Android did it and they seem fine]) and a new tablet that can compete (Something like the Surface pro and it's keyboard) I think that would help them. I would buy a laptop and Tablet from BlackBerry. Hbu?

Posted via CB10
    09-15-15 04:00 PM
    This makes me sad ...
    09-15-15 04:07 PM
    This has come up many, many times. BlackBerry has issues with their phones turning a profit... and you want computers and laptops? Let them get phones right first.
    09-15-15 04:07 PM
    09-15-15 04:11 PM
    Just curious, BlackBerry and Microsoft will eventually if not now fight over mobile smartphones. The only problem is Microsoft (Besides from having billions in the bank) has tablets and computers. There new approach is gaining them App development by Mark games you make on the computer available to Tablets and phones (vise versa). I think BlackBerry should compete in this as they are business oriented, those people need laptops and tablets. Computer with bb10 (Add more writing software and others etc [Android did it and they seem fine]) and a new tablet that can compete (Something like the Surface pro and it's keyboard) I think that would help them. I would buy a laptop and Tablet from BlackBerry. Hbu?

Posted via CB10
    Before the PlayBook was release, I was a big proponent in BlackBerry having other form factors in other to compete with Apple and Microsoft....

Today it isn't about competing, it's about survival. And just like a smartphone, tablets and computers need software and apps to make them work. BlackBerry doesn't have the resource to make these and developers don't see the ROI to make BB10 a viable product for them.

Why would anyone (outside of hard core fans) want "something" like the Surface Pro... when the Surface Pro is so good? I think even Apple might have been a little frightened by the Surface.... thus they made their own Pro device.
    kbz1960, zephyr613 and SeeBeeEss like this.
    09-15-15 04:31 PM
    This has come up many, many times. BlackBerry has issues with their phones turning a profit... and you want computers and laptops? Let them get phones right first.
    But maybe for them to actually get there phone right they need a computer or laptop. I think at minimum they should put out a Tablet one more time. They will get people to buy it, just this time don't rush the tablet. It's not like the bb10 os can't just be transferred over. If they can't make profit on the phones try other stuff, I.e tablets, Smart watches, Laptops (Possibly) take a chance like they did with the passport get all the profits they can. I think it would help completely, it's a 50/50 BlackBerry Can compete with Microsoft (that's all they should compete with atm) except for the lack of money.

Posted via CB10
    09-16-15 06:35 PM
    Not sure laptops are the right way to go. I posted this earlier about the Neptune Suite:

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1035950

And this about a D.I.Y. Playbook:

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1038248

Here is a reality check. People like to look at things on different surfaces at different times. People want consistent access to their "digital stuff". The laptop market is slowly dying because smartphones are more versatile and offer greater ease of access. See article below:

http://www.wired.com/2015/02/smartphone-only-computer/

A Hub (an OS and UI) that people can take with them anywhere streamlines everything. Another way of looking at a "Hub" in this context is that it is the "user experience". Essentially, it is all that is left when you eliminate hardware.

Blackberry would be better off concentrating on its smartphones and software, while giving their customers greater flexibilty to access their "digital stuff" across secure platforms, surfaces and peripherals. In short, no need to reinvent the laptop.

Posted via CB10
    09-16-15 09:05 PM
    They could use QNX Hypervisor to secure a Windows 10 tablet with a hardware slider keyboard.
    09-16-15 09:16 PM
    With the advent of the Priv, I wouldn't be surprised if they released a 2 in 1 device that runs Android at some point, but has a touch capacitive BlackBerry designed keyboard. In fact I think this makes a ton of sense. Especially if they can offer the same security benefits they offer on the Priv.

On the topic of Windows phones, I wouldn't mind seeing BlackBerry hardware running Windows on it. That would certainly make for an interesting product.

Posted via CB10
    12-24-15 03:42 PM
    I would buy a blackberry laptop I'm really want one with. Blackberry os on it and the best in class security and keyboard
    3_M4N likes this.
    12-26-15 07:27 PM
    I would buy a blackberry laptop I'm really want one with. Blackberry os on it and the best in class security and keyboard
    What is the point of having best. In class security and keyboard? Where will you get software to run this phantom laptop? Blackberry can't get programmers to write apps for the phones, where will they get writers to write for the the computer?

Posted via CB10
    Dunt Dunt Dunt and kbz1960 like this.
    12-27-15 03:32 AM

Posted via CB10
    I think BlackBerry would do much better if they made yummy cookies and once a year had little girls sell them door-to-door.
    12-27-15 04:33 AM
    They could use QNX Hypervisor to secure a Windows 10 tablet with a hardware slider keyboard.
    He said hypervisor, take a shot.
    12-27-15 11:19 AM
    12-27-15 11:57 AM
    What is the point of having best. In class security and keyboard? Where will you get software to run this phantom laptop? Blackberry can't get programmers to write apps for the phones, where will they get writers to write for the the computer?

Posted via CB10
    There's no reason they couldn't make the hardware for a windows laptop or android 2-in-1. As evidenced by the well received Priv, BlackBerry is fully capable of building secure hardware for other platforms.

Posted via CB10
    12-27-15 08:44 PM
    There's no reason they couldn't make the hardware for a windows laptop or android 2-in-1. As evidenced by the well received Priv, BlackBerry is fully capable of building secure hardware for other platforms.

Posted via CB10
    Can they make money doing it......?

And really haven't seen to many certifications for BlackBerry's attempt at securing Android. Maybe the issue isn't necessarily the hardware, maybe the issue is really the Operating System it's self?
    12-28-15 12:56 PM
    Since you asked "can" they, I'll go ahead and say yes, but of course, we can't really know until they try and we see some sales figures. I personally think there's a market for both windows and android tablets secured by BlackBerry hardware and software but as a fan, my viewpoint is definitely biased.

Posted via CB10
    12-28-15 07:36 PM
    He said hypervisor, take a shot.
    Microsoft won't license Windows to be installed on any multi-boot system. That wouldn't prevent end-users from doing so, but BB (or any other OEM) isn't going to be able to sell them that way from the factory.
    SeeBeeEss likes this.
    12-28-15 09:38 PM
    Microsoft won't license Windows to be installed on any multi-boot system. That wouldn't prevent end-users from doing so, but BB (or any other OEM) isn't going to be able to sell them that way from the factory.
    Of course, but magic hypervisor will save the day.

*glug*
    SeeBeeEss likes this.
    12-29-15 11:21 AM
    Of course, but magic hypervisor will save the day.
    I heard the hypervisor cures cancer and helps you master The Force, so, yeah, sounds plausible.
    12-30-15 01:11 AM
    I heard the hypervisor cures cancer and helps you master The Force, so, yeah, sounds plausible.
    Nope, that's false. It only cures aids.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    12-30-15 02:45 AM