11-22-16 01:48 AM
170 ... 23456 ...
tools
    10" form factor sucks, too bulky. Stick with the 7", minimize the bezel, and voila - WINNA!
    03-11-14 09:44 AM
    Actually, why not find a way for the playbook to just be a bigger screen for your phone, using bluetooth or nfc? I would love that.

Posted via CB10
    03-11-14 09:51 AM
    I will go with this concept with a super functional and Bridge that can do almost thing you can do on the phone including taking calls and making calls while in Bridge!
    03-11-14 09:58 AM
    I will go with this concept with a super functional and Bridge that can do almost thing you can do on the phone including taking calls and making calls while in Bridge!
    Yes my point would be that it would not be a bridge the way you can now bridge a playbook but just a bigger touchscreen for the phone. Isn't that the idea of mobile computing anyway ? To use the phone as the brain, the engine, and to just hook up the external peripherals you need like a bigger screen, a keyboard, bluetooth speakers etc? I'm sold on this!

Posted via CB10
    03-11-14 10:01 AM
    Id buy this.
    03-11-14 10:09 AM
    Wow, Love this one. Nice work.
    03-11-14 10:22 AM
    Fast out of the box wireless communication with smart led TVs.

Posted via CB10
    03-11-14 10:31 AM
    I'll buy one.

Posted via CB10
    03-11-14 10:32 AM
    Just perfect!!

Posted Via CB10 with my Rocking Z10
    03-11-14 11:17 AM
    I think your design is incredible.

Must have Features for me though would have to be:
    - Advanced Bridge: Wireless Screen mirroring/extension of my Z10 (similar to using chromecast to show on a tv, but fully functional.)
    - USB drive (some files are too big to email ~350 MB)
    - 128 Gb MicroSD slots.
    - Backwards compatibility with my Playbook 1 Rapid charger
    - Ability to control my TV (I'm guessing the infrared sensor until remotes and TVs have bluetooth built in as well)
    - Bluetooth audio streaming (and control of skipping, rewinding, FF, volume, etc) from my Z10
    - Ability to add certain apps to the HUB (Ex. Ebay, Stock apps that i use for price alerts, Crackberry, etc)
    - The ability to Keep the display on forever when charging (5 minutes is dumb)
    - Picture Password
    - 10 hour battery life on full brightness, screen sharing, music playing.
    03-11-14 11:23 AM
    Yep ... looks good and gets my vote.
    03-11-14 11:47 AM
    Actually, why not find a way for the playbook to just be a bigger screen for your phone, using bluetooth or nfc? I would love that.

Posted via CB10
    I agree with this concept to a degree. I don't know why somebody hasn't made it so that a tablet and a phone link automatically as soon as they are in range so that if a call or text comes in while your working on your tablet, you could actually handle it without having to pull out another piece of tech. It looks dorky when a person is fumbling with multiple devices when it's unnecessary.

I had a great Windows app with my Torch 9800 that linked either BT or Wifi when I got home and even placed a resizable pic of my Torch on the screen if I wanted. From there, I could do everything on the phone from the computer. It was awesome and I hated to lose it when I got my Z10.

But why couldn't a tablet have a variation of that. AND, very importantly if there is going to be another PlayBook it will HAVE to be compatible with other platforms through BT, NFC or Wifi with some innovative, productive ideas or it will not sell to anyone other than the current Blackberry owners.

Unless BB will be content with only having sales from the portion of BB clients that want a tablet, there will be absolutely no incentive for an iOS or Android or Windows person to even consider a PlayBook 2 unless it has something completely unique to offer. To believe otherwise at this point is fantasy and unrealistic.

I say this even though I'd love a new Playbook. I was also one of the first day, full price buyers of the first 64 Gig PB (that I still love) but BB doesn't need the bad press of another low selling tablet.
    03-11-14 12:09 PM
    I personally think the tablet universe has moved on from BlackBerry. I still use my PlayBook every day but that is due more to necessity than loyalty.

Seeing the specs of this imaginary sequel to the much overlooked and derided PlayBook, its ironic that the tablet I will be buying next will have a 2048x1536 screen, a retina type with 9.7 inches of pin sharpness. And no, its not an ipad.

It comes with a 1.6ghz quad core processor and octa core graphics; 2gb DDR3 ram; 16gb of storage onboard with a micro sdhc socket for up to 64gb storage; mini hdmi supporting 1080p output; bluetooth 4; 2.4 and 5ghz wireless b/g/n wifi with up to 150gbps speed; it will support usb otg allowing a keyboard, mouse or memory stick to be connected. And it will have a vast library of software available. The only "low point" is that the front and rear cameras are both a measly 2MP. But who uses their tablet, especially one that size, to take photos? And the cost? Around 200/$300/€240.

Now if BlackBerry could come up with a tablet to equal or beat that in features and cost, it would certainly rattle a few cages.
    03-11-14 12:41 PM
    USB on the go
    axllebeer likes this.
    03-11-14 01:39 PM
    8" is the ideal size for a tablet daily use. It seem easy to carry. And most importantly not to weigh over 300 grams.

Now its time to design a lightweight gadget so as not to interfere with mobility. I was a little disappointed with the Z30 weighs quite heavy compared to other products that are both 5 inch but only has a weight of about 130 grams.

But i like the concept! I will buy if 8 inch
    03-11-14 02:16 PM
    Same as Z30 only 7" or 8" maximum. Must have same battery life and usb otg. 32 gb internal memory expandable with memory card. Maximum price 250 euro/$/BP. (Foxconn or Asus should be able to do that)

Posted via CB10
    03-11-14 02:30 PM
    While I see very little chance for a new PlayBook, the same size as the original but with 8 screen and BB10 of course would be great.

Sent from my PlayBook using Tapatalk2
    03-11-14 02:33 PM
    Sold i want one!!
    03-11-14 03:03 PM
    I'd like it to have all that th bb10 has to offer with the spec's displayed but with the Samsung note feature of being able to use a pen. That to me would be the ultimate tablet.

Posted via CB10
    03-11-14 04:04 PM
    Great concept and well detailed.
    One thing that caught my eyes was 10000 mah, now that is a lot of physical weight but you mention a mere 10 hours of battery life.

I believe you can get a lot more than that at least 15+ hours.
    well i have a novo spark 2 with a 13000mah battery and before that i had the novo spark 1 with a 10000mah battery both at 10mm thickness with 2048x1536 retina resolution and they would last a week on standby and 12-15 hours full use with the brightness down. if this bb tablet had an amoled screen itd last even longer. my novo weighs 600gs but doesnt feel too heavy in my hands and im a small woman

----------------------------------------------------------------

what would the screen layout look like landscape though? would gestures auto shift to landscape mode too?
    03-11-14 06:28 PM
    Gotta have a BB Playbook 2. My original Playbook screen is starting to go and I can't live without it. Use it everyday, all day.

Wish they would reconsider, but yes, let's get the phone side going first.
    03-11-14 07:29 PM
    great job!
    I'd buy this one asap!
    Blackberry oriented business should have a tablet in its catalogue.
    Same question as for the Q20 (with 4" screen) to one of the blackberry guys who will interview Mr. Chen next time: could you show him those mock-ups just to see his reaction?
    03-11-14 08:23 PM
    I like it, despite if I need to swipe from the bottom to awake the tablet

Posted via Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    03-11-14 08:29 PM
    I love this idea. The active frames at the top are perfect. I yearn for the day I can get another bridged PlayBook. Though, I believe "PlayBook" is not the name for it. Too much damage done to the name, and it evokes "fun", which the PlayBook was not; it was, and should strive to be, a tool.

Daily Old Radio Shows! The only Channel that actually offers you a source for entertainment. C0012487D
    03-11-14 08:31 PM
    Dead serious, if the OS did that and the specs were like this, with BB10, I would buy in a heartbeat!

OH MYY!!

Also, BBM working on multiple devices!!!
    03-11-14 09:46 PM
170 ... 23456 ...