Yes, the name was inspired from Call of Duty.

So I'm surprised none of the phone manufacturers have built a phone/tablet that allows you to fix OEM & third party accessories onto the device. The device could have anchor points on the phone in certain spots where you permanently or temporarily fix accessories such as keyboards, cases, extended batteries, work or app related tools, etc.
    The anchor points would have to be a method of fixing where it'd take a simple instant action to undo them, but an action that wouldn't become undone in your pocket. The anchor points would be located on the top, bottom, back and sides so accessories could be added on in any way required.

If BB made this sort of device, I guess they'd need to manufacture screens in all 3 (16:9, 4:3 & 1:1) aspect ratios and popular sizes (4.2, 5, 6, 7 & 9). They probably wouldn't even need to manufacture anything, Samsung would come in handy and these screens could also be implemented into their IOT goods and it'd allow Blackberry to focus on it's OS and services.

Since we BB fans love our physical keyboards, this concept would keep us all happy by enabling us to have any form of pkb, including candy bar, sliding portrait and sliding landscape.

My apologies if this doesn't make too much sense, I'm quite hungover today. Funnily, I think deeper when hungover!
    Trully likes this.
    01-31-15 11:27 PM
    I'm not exactly sure what your concept idea is.

But it sounds a lot like Google's Project Ara to me.

BlackBerry Z30 Chenpion
    01-31-15 11:56 PM
    In summary, Blackberry focuses on software and services. They partner with Samsung to manufacture IOT devices which are screens only that have the ability to add on physical accessories such as keyboards, extendable batteries, specific case, etc.
    From what I know so far of Project Ara, they've just made interchangeability with different parts such as processors and ram easier.

At the end of the day, what this concept will achieve is customisability. Consumers and enterprise need this. Steve Jobs put everyone onto a touch screen and it's limited people's choice. We need more than touch screens, aluminium, black, silver and gold. We need to express ourselves and customise things to fit into our lives from a consumer's perspective. Businesses also need to express themselves, they need to customise to make physical products suit their needs and demands.

The more I think about this concept, the more I realise how important it is for BB to focus and put majority of their efforts into IOT, their software and their services. If BB continue to build their own hardware, it'll drain their resources and limit them to only enterprise, which they are currently doing. They should focus on the consumer space too, as this could potentially be the biggest market they will strive in.
    They're ahead in the IOT world, they're ahead of Apple & MS, and they need to stay ahead.
    Last edited by quikchip; 02-01-15 at 12:31 AM.
    02-01-15 12:11 AM
    In summary, Blackberry focuses on software and services. They partner with Samsung to manufacture IOT devices which are screens only that have the ability to add on physical accessories such as keyboards, extendable batteries, specific case, etc.
    From what I know so far of Project Ara, they've just made interchangeability with different parts such as processors and ram easier.

At the end of the day, what this concept will achieve is customisability. Consumers and enterprise need this. Steve Jobs put everyone onto a touch screen and it's limited people's choice. We need more than touch screens, aluminium, black, silver and gold. We need to express ourselves and customise things to fit into our lives from a consumer's perspective. Businesses also need to express themselves, they need to customise to make physical products suit their needs and demands.

The more I think about this concept, the more I realise how important it is for BB to focus and put majority of their efforts into IOT, their software and their services. If BB continue to build their own hardware, it'll drain their resources and limit them to only enterprise, which they are currently doing. They should focus on the consumer space too, as this could potentially be the biggest market they will strive in.
    They're ahead in the IOT world, they're ahead of Apple & MS, and they need to stay ahead.
    Well project Ara is almost ready to hit the public.
    It has a public beta testing in Puerto Rico I believe.

You buy the chassis and can add extra parts like a Camera, bigger battery, ram, processor micro hdmi output, and many others.

BlackBerry Z30 Chenpion
    02-01-15 02:02 AM