12-29-14 11:41 PM
58 123
tools
    Just roll out the touch kb to all BlackBerrys

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by VR6; 11-30-14 at 02:02 PM.
    11-28-14 02:50 PM
    Im 60 and weight 250lbs and when I first saw it I said "*** that's big", but Im here, 3 weeks from that and now I find my old iPhone 5s a miniature thing that I used to carry.

I think you will find the weight more unpleasant than the size of it.
    I had the Torch that was a little heavy...
    11-28-14 04:22 PM
    How about no?
    11-28-14 04:38 PM
    it has occurred to me the passport keyboard could become narrower & the whole device too if they made the space key central and put the whole character set left & right of the space key & left the rest alone ...it would make the phone a goot 1/2" or more narrower & shrink the screen a little & make it more hand friendly... comments ??
    11-28-14 04:43 PM
    I support the idea also. I love the Passport but slightly smaller would be good. So bigger than Q10 but smaller than Passport!! Love it!!

- Charles
    11-28-14 04:58 PM
    it has occurred to me the passport keyboard could become narrower & the whole device too if they made the space key central and put the whole character set left & right of the space key & left the rest alone ...it would make the phone a goot 1/2" or more narrower & shrink the screen a little & make it more hand friendly... comments ??
    The screen resolution would need to be adjusted imho, something like1080x1080 or 1280x1280, otherwise the dpi count would go astronomical...

? ? ? Zzzzwipetyped from The Maskport - Zzzzmoqin'.... ? ? ?
    11-28-14 06:13 PM
    The Passport is like the H2 Hummer of smartphone devices. The size is the first thing you notice and its not for everyone. However, there was a H3 (mini version of H2 but still big). So why not.
    11-28-14 07:22 PM
    They have something smaller.... it's called a q10!

Posted via CB10
    Hell no.! It's not the same product and 3.5" is TOO small for today's needs.

BlackBerry - Accept no substitute. Period!
    11-28-14 08:13 PM
    I don't think a Passport Mini would be viable. Because any one who wants a Blackberry and thinks the Passport is too big would just wait for the Classic. I was one of those people until I held one in my hand and walked out with much lighter pockets. Also the design of the Passport Keyboard lends to the phone to be wider, that's what makes it such a good keyboard because of the size. If they made it any smaller the the keys would be very hard to use, can you imagine how small the space bar would be. I would be very surprised if they ever came out with one.
    Not everyone wants a basic car, these are two completely different devices with different experiences.

BlackBerry - Accept no substitute. Period!
    thedose likes this.
    11-28-14 08:51 PM
    I would love this, actually, because my hands are small. However, wouldn't that make the keyboard functions (swiping mostly) extremely hard to perform? I've seen folks who own real Passports complain about the missing fourth row and how the buttons are too small for their hands, so have a Passport mini would make that difficult, I'd imagine.

I want the Classic because I'm a previous 9900 owner, but I would ditch the Classic for a Passport Mini in a heartbeat for sure!
    11-28-14 09:24 PM
    I think they'll move the focus to all-touch devices next...
    11-29-14 04:48 AM
    I like my passport a lot, but I would even like it a little smaller!

Two keys smaller and I could use it with one hand and it would fit a little better into my skinny jeans

Posted via CB10
    11-29-14 04:53 AM
    Don't know about you guys but this BlackBerry Q10 is a killer, it is compact, light and very very handy, one hand use is a killer while two hand use is a breeze, I love the passport, av seen it but looks so amazing except for the weight. BlackBerry classic is just like BlackBerry Bold 9900 but a little advance with BlackBerry OS 10.3 but I love BlackBerry Q10 the best keyboard experience ever the screen is big enough for me and the keys are suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuperb. BlackBerry Rules

Posted via CB10
    Bonnie Bonzai and leglace1 like this.
    11-29-14 06:12 AM
    I love BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    11-29-14 06:13 AM
    Have been using this BlackBerry Q10 for a month and thou my fingers are slender and long it make typing out of this world for me. The screen is bigger cos my previous BlackBerry was BlackBerry bold 9790, so this Q10 is a killer. And again, I love the four row key but am already use to Q10's keys and screen. I wish blackberry will make another product like Q10 maybe with slightly longer screen with no toolbelt. I love BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    11-29-14 06:17 AM
    Hmm... 5'1", no purse. I have to hear your impressions then.

I have a feeling you'll be shocked at first but then adore it in less than 60 seconds.
    OH yeah very shocked once I opened the box. I believe the 'weight' term is highly exaggerated. I got mine 20 minutes ago and it's not heavy at all.
    mister2d and thedose like this.
    11-29-14 02:44 PM
    A mini candy bar QWERTY device??
    I would rather hope to see the PASSPORT gets another version...
    The PAZZPORT...where the Zs signifies a slider design, such the the keyboard can be well hidden.
    Such as...

...i don't mind fat device at all...
    mister2d and PonyCrazyKid like this.
    11-29-14 03:07 PM
    OH yeah very shocked once I opened the box. I believe the 'weight' term is highly exaggerated. I got mine 20 minutes ago and it's not heavy at all.
    Very cool. I've found that when the steel is cool to the touch (it's freezing where I am), it has the heft and feel of a dangerous weapon. Lol

Posted via CB10
    11-29-14 03:18 PM
    Very cool. I've found that when the steel is cool to the touch (it's freezing where I am), it has the heft and feel of a dangerous weapon. Lol

Posted via CB10
    Lol. I can see you being the GoldenEye Chinese villian throwing a ...passport instead of a shoe.
    mister2d likes this.
    11-29-14 05:13 PM
    Me want this. I will totally buy BlackBerry Passport Mini

The BlackBerry Z10
    11-29-14 05:43 PM
    NOPE - no Passport Mini for me - I want the real deal. Weight? KB? Size/Shape? It's like everything else in life - you get used to it. I'm pretty short, but I use two hands on my 9900, two hands on my 4s, and I'll use two hands on my Passport. It's like playing the piano - you train your hands and even if they're small, you practice and they learn to stretch - you do your best and learn to play the instrument -- whatever it takes to get the job done.

Honestly, I actually COVET the Passport. I am looking forward to the joyful day!!! People who want a smaller version can pick one of BB's other models or whatever - lotsa phones out there. I see all these 4s and 5 iPhone users and they're keying away with two hands. All this stuff about one-handed use - give it a rest. The Passport is a power device. and you will never catch me stuffing my PP into a back pocket. I will have something cool, a Sherpani cross-body bag or a stretchy rider's phone cuff for my arm. All sorts of ways around the size.

No BFD in my book - I can't wait to cope with a Passport!
    mister2d, thedose and BoldMaverick like this.
    11-29-14 07:37 PM
    a concept must remain a concept at times
    thedose likes this.
    11-29-14 07:57 PM
    I think it is a good idea also. A lot of folks aren't purchasing or haven't been happy with the Passport due to the size. Being able to get all the features slightly smaller maybe a good option. It's like the 6 and the 6 plus.
    11-30-14 01:41 AM
    Blackberry Passport is there for a reason. Theirs no point of making a mini passport

Sent from my BlackBerry 9320 using Tapatalk
    12-01-14 10:15 AM
    I think this is a great way to explore what went through the minds at BlackBerry. I'm certain they tried putting it in their trouser pockets and realized it was a tight fit but a "fit" nonetheless. I agree with the OP that a slightly smaller/narrower width would have helped while still maintaining the "Work Wide" goal.

The biggest feature of the Passport is the display and at 1440x1440 it is the "widest" display by pixels on the market for a smartphone. As someone mentioned already, a 1280x1280 or 1080x1080 would have shaved some width off the device and made it more portable while still improving viewable width.

Unfortunately for BlackBerry, what they "really" needed to do was salvage their brand. Neither the mainstream media nor consumer would have bought or even paid attention to "the perfect BlackBerry device." With a (1080p) 1080x1080 screen and four row keyboard with tool belt, the Passport would have been as close to the perfect BlackBerry as they could get and we who love them would have gobbled up the device.

Sadly, the media would not have looked twice. As we've seen with the Passport, most reviews still have an air of dismissiveness "It's good for a BlackBerry, but there are better phones out there." Even on the forums there are people who dismiss dual core CPUs "just because it's 2015" so a 1080p screen would have been put against the G3 and other flagships for negative comparisons. The Passport had to make people look twice even if it's to say "What in the world is that thing? What are they thinking? Who would buy this thing? The iPhone 6 is big, but at least it's not as UnGodly huge as the BlackBerry? Have you heard? Those guys are still around?"

All they needed was one superlative in their favour or on par with the competition. Quad core here, 1440 pixels there, 3GB RAM and a Partridge in a pear tree. But wait! Do you have a capacitive keyboard? Didn't think so!

It just had to be this way. Somehow, BlackBerry pulled it off and the fact that the device's width at 1440 pixels just happened to match the width of an actual Passport was just a marketing opportunity they couldn't afford to gamble away by trying to be "skinny jeans friendly." We all know a smaller Passport would be great but I'm glad people are paying attention now because BlackBerry can shave half a centimetre and the Passport would then be able to hide inside an actual Passport booklet.

People in the media would now have nothing to say except "Wow. The only negative thing about the Passport was that it was too big but at this new, more portable housing"
    Last edited by m3mb3rsh1p; 12-26-14 at 02:43 AM.
    12-25-14 09:17 PM
58 123