08-17-15 04:08 AM
35 12
tools
    Blackberry Passport 4 rows keys-bb-passport-4-rows-high.jpg
    Blackberry Passport with 4 rows keyboard (no number keys yet)
    All original passport keyboard features like swiping etc still available.

Posted via CB10
    Attached Thumbnails Blackberry Passport 4 rows keys-bb-passport-4-rows.jpg  
    Last edited by sankylie; 07-15-15 at 10:41 PM. Reason: change design a little bit
    07-15-15 02:33 AM
    Blackberry Passport with 4 rows keyboard

Posted via CB10
    What?
    07-15-15 02:39 AM
    No thanks. 3 row is the way of the future.

4 row is obsolete, like home buttons.

Work Wide and Prosper
    tomsobon likes this.
    07-15-15 03:10 AM
    Looks cool, but make the kb like the q10's so you can input numbers etc.

Herp derp
    07-15-15 04:20 AM

Work Wide and Prosper
    Disagree, I love using the 4 row keyboard.

However, having a 4 row keyboard on the Passport would be a mistake. Simply because of the position of the keys. They are too close to the bottom of the device. Would be awkward to press.

If they were further up then it would be awesome.

Posted via BlackBerry Q5 on 10.3.1.2576
    slagman5 and DJM626 like this.
    07-15-15 02:09 PM
    So useless... I've never in the time of ownership of my passport felt a 'need for a fourth row the virtual keyboard + physical combination is unmatched no need to hold Alt to type symbols, and switching from letters to symbols is such a breeze with the swipe down.

Would just make the device taller and look stupid..
    07-15-15 07:49 PM
    Disagree, I love using the 4 row keyboard.

However, having a 4 row keyboard on the Passport would be a mistake. Simply because of the position of the keys. They are too close to the bottom of the device. Would be awkward to press.

If they were further up then it would be awesome.

Posted via BlackBerry Q5 on 10.3.1.2576
    You just move the blackberry logo to the chin of the device, and the screen all the way up.

But I believe introducing another vertical row with modifier keys is the smarter solution. It would make the Passport so much more versatile and you'd barely have to reduce the width of the keys (which are already very wide.
    07-17-15 06:31 PM
    You just move the blackberry logo to the chin of the device, and the screen all the way up.
    And while we're doing that, we also place the camera and the speaker below the pkb...
    I think there's a reason why there's space on the top.

I'd really love to see a 4-row device with nice specs, like the passport. But the PP is already to big. Another row would make the device even bigger.
    07-20-15 03:28 AM
    I'm not going to talk about the 4 ROWS, what's up with the space? I mean, what's that

 CB10 - Q10 - 10.3.2.680 
    07-20-15 03:49 AM
    Everyone saying that 4 row is useless should think about non-English speaking countries. 4th row would be great...

Posted via CB10
    07-20-15 04:55 AM
    And while we're doing that, we also place the camera and the speaker below the pkb...
    I think there's a reason why there's space on the top.

I'd really love to see a 4-row device with nice specs, like the passport. But the PP is already to big. Another row would make the device even bigger.
    I say lose the selfie camera altogether. But the BBRY logo a seriously large portion of that forehead and could be moved to the chin.
    07-20-15 05:18 PM

Work Wide and Prosper
    The Passport has a 4 row keyboard anyhow, the last row is just software based.
    Which was the main reason why I returned my Passport. I'm not buying a PKB phone to then have to use the touchscreen to write all of the time anyhow.

Not to forget how much wasted space there is, everytime the software keyboard pops up for special characters.

If I'll ever go physical keyboard again, it will need to have a normal 4 (I'd even take 5 tbh) row keyboard with special characters printed on the keys without ever seeing a virtual keyboard because of them.
    The screen size would need to be similar to the current Passport though.
    Something like a Classic is sadly a joke for me, after having owned 5+ inch devices.

I did enjoy the swiping though.
    slagman5 and DJM626 like this.
    07-25-15 04:58 AM
    Better a trackpad than a 4th row

Posted via CB10
    07-25-15 08:07 AM
    Better a trackpad than a 4th row

Posted via CB10
    Not even. The trackpad is barely used by me when using the Classic. Is prefer a melding of the Q10 and Passport.
    07-25-15 11:38 PM
    Not even. The trackpad is barely used by me when using the Classic. Is prefer a melding of the Q10 and Passport.
    Using the trackpad in my Classic all the time

Posted via CB10
    wilber1 and slagman5 like this.
    07-26-15 01:25 AM
    Using the trackpad in my Classic all the time

Posted via CB10
    Different strokes, but it's plainly not as useful as it was prior to bb10

Posted via CB10
    07-26-15 06:13 AM
    Different strokes, but it's plainly not as useful as it was prior to bb10

Posted via CB10
    Don't agreed. Trackpad is perfectly integrated with BlackBerry 10. If you are not using trackpad for Classic is only your choice.

Posted via CB10
    slagman5 likes this.
    07-26-15 07:13 AM
    Don't agreed. Trackpad is perfectly integrated with BlackBerry 10. If you are not using trackpad for Classic is only your choice.

Posted via CB10
    So the Classic with BB10 has better trackpad integration than the 9900 did with BBOS? It's more useful in BB10 than in BBOS? Are you sure about that?

Posted via CB10
    07-26-15 08:20 AM
    I don't see the need for a fourth row of keys on the Passport, the contextual virtual row of keys works perfectly fine... yes, it can take a little getting used to coming from the traditional four row keyboard found on other devices but once you adjust to the difference in layout it works great.
    07-26-15 08:31 AM
    I don't see the need for a fourth row of keys on the Passport, the contextual virtual row of keys works perfectly fine... yes, it can take a little getting used to coming from the traditional four row keyboard found on other devices but once you adjust to the difference in layout it works great.
    I can touch-type complex sentences on the Classic. The Passport requires a lot more effort to type the same thing (and you have to be looking).

Posted via CB10
    07-26-15 08:23 PM
    You can type complex sentences much faster on a passport guaranteed. The fact that you aren't used to it is your own thing.

In fact what kind of complicated sentences would you write that you can't take a moment to look down on your phone? Ridiculous
    07-26-15 10:02 PM

Work Wide and Prosper
    Whose future?

Posted via CB10
    07-27-15 09:58 AM
    Whose future?

Posted via CB10
    Nobody's. BlackBerry will never produce another 3-row device without modifier keys.

Posted via CB10
    07-28-15 08:13 AM
    4 rows sure would be nice.

Posted via CB10
    08-07-15 02:03 AM
    4th row is best.. I mean more familiar.. but I getting used with 3 row keyboard

Posted via CB10
    08-13-15 10:17 AM
35 12