Here's my ideas for the passport 2. Can someone animate the keyboard so that the letter fade away and replace with the symbols and numbers the classic keyboard does. My idea is that each key is a screen, and swiping down once makes the classic qwerty symbols appear, swiping down again makes the symbols that pressing sym appear. This makes it so the on screen virtual keyboard is gone. Awesome.

Anyone else have any ideas?
    Just Me and nokia4life like this.
    01-02-15 02:10 AM
    I like the idea. Swipe down on the Passport KB once turn the "I" into an "8", swipe down again it becomes a greater sign (>). Swipe the third times, get you back to alphabet kb. Not sure if possible but if they can make each key having the ability to illuminate three characters. A different one each time you swipe down on the kb.

Two Z10 in this family - Windsor, ON, CA.
    Just Me likes this.
    01-04-15 08:14 PM
    Not sure if possible
    It's perfectly possible, but might be expensive. Just make a tiny e-ink (or even OLED) display under each key. Or one flexible display and transparent keys on top of it. There was even a PC keyboard with that feature (Optimus Maximus by Art. Lebedev) but it was crazy expensive.
    01-04-15 08:28 PM
    I was thinking that it would be OLED underneath a transparent keypad.So the keypad letter change when swiped but the background is always pure black. E-ink from what ive seen isnt true black.
    01-04-15 08:37 PM
    no, but it uses far less power.
    01-04-15 08:52 PM
    Insert a blind strip between virtual and physical keyboard to avoid those horrible typos...

Posted via CB10
    01-07-15 08:59 AM