If BlackBerry or someone else made a Smart watch for all BlackBerry smartphones would you buy it? Picture the watch with NFC to pay for stuff or to unlock your phone, Have some games 5-10, 7day battery, LCD screen, and The HUB integrated. Would you purchase it? The cost would be around 250$

Posted via CB10
    09-07-15 08:30 AM
    No. This applies to all manufacturers.

Posted via CB10
    09-07-15 08:37 AM
    No. I don't see the point of talking to one's wrist when there are already phones to suit everyone.
    09-07-15 08:44 AM
    The trouble with including communications tools on a smartwatch is that I bought BlackBerry specifically because it's a perfect communication tool. I don't NEED an adjunct tool to manage this core feature

My biggest need for a smart watch is as a fitness tracker. It is going to have to, at the very least, work with the leading fitness apps.

Materials are also important. Stainless and leather over polycarbonate and rubber. Classic and timeless, not cheap and fashionable.

So, with all that in mind: your price sits a tad high. My point of reference is a piece of kit that has been on the market for a while now and meets all the criteria above and has fantastic BlackBerry support: Pebble Steel, priced now at $129 with the leather strap, or about $145 with a stainless link bracelet.

If yours has a color screen, that would help (Pebble Steel does not). And a true native BlackBerry experience could have added value too if it's handled well. Also, if the watch has it's own GPS radio and is itself a fitness tracker (a la Garmin) rather than just a display for the phone I also have to carry anyway, then all the better still.

What I'd personally like to see in a next Gen smartwatch is a transparent glass covering an actual physical watch face. Then you push a button or maybe make a gesture on the glass and now it's a capacitive touch screen that obscures the watch face beneath. That way you get the best of both worlds with a passive watch AND ultimate power conservation by relegating the touch screen to ONLY non-time-telling functions.

Posted via CB10 on Passport
    00stryder likes this.
    09-11-15 11:12 AM
    A fitness tracker with a leather strap?

Sweat is acidic and will rot the leather.

Posted via CB10
    09-11-15 11:48 AM
    Yeah I considered that after the fact. Solution: SWAPPABLE BANDS!

09-11-15 12:24 PM
    No.... I don't like watches.

But many here do, so there would be a "market" for it. But I'm not sure how you are going to do all this and still present a "luxury" watch for $250....... you might be dreaming a little.
    09-11-15 12:24 PM

What I'd personally like to see in a next Gen smartwatch is a transparent glass covering an actual physical watch face. Then you push a button or maybe make a gesture on the glass and now it's a capacitive touch screen that obscures the watch face beneath. That way you get the best of both worlds with a passive watch AND ultimate power conservation by relegating the touch screen to ONLY non-time-telling functions.

Was hoping something like that was already available. That would be awesome, have a separate normal button battery for the analogue watch so even if it's flat it remains a watch.

Posted via CB10
    09-12-15 08:23 PM
    I would DEFINITELY buy it if Blackberry helps with the design, and features the basic functions of a business device. It has to be bold, heavy, and classy.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    03-27-16 01:33 PM
    Watches are for telling time only. And that's exactly what my Burberry watch does. Smart watches are overrated in my opinion

Posted via CB10
    03-29-16 04:43 AM
    If BlackBerry or someone else made a Smart watch for all BlackBerry smartphones would you buy it? Picture the watch with NFC to pay for stuff or to unlock your phone, Have some games 5-10, 7day battery, LCD screen, and The HUB integrated. Would you purchase it? The cost would be around 250$

Posted via CB10
    Blackberry is unsuccessful with making phones. So, why would someone else even dream of making a smart watch for Blackberry.

The initial premise is flawed!!

Posted via CB10
    04-02-16 08:39 AM
    I would definitely buy it!! And it would be the most secure means to pay for things digitally!!

Posted via CB10
    chrisleka likes this.
    05-18-16 06:07 PM
    Blackberry Assistant watch.. Real watch mechanism with smart functionality. Kind of like the Rado Hyperchrome with bb10.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    05-21-16 10:18 PM