05-17-14 09:24 AM
89 ... 234
tools
    Again I ask you @vladi, have you approached BlackBerry or did they? these efforts you put out of your imagination can't just go unnoticed! the new update got me dropping my jaw, seriously wow! Please make a video presentation, it will sound loudly
    I'm glad you like it, and it the end of the day that's what this exercise is all about - getting feedback.

BBRY haven't contacted me regarding this and they will not contact me because its already posted here for everybody to see. No matter how much we believe that any conglomerate company listens to its users the greatest changes come when they are ready for the complete redo and once again they will do it their own way. Being close to somebody who is a decision maker can have big impact on concept cause they will rather listen to you and not some people on forums. Don't worry most of the time product team is aware of 90% of the "missing features that users wants" and guess what? They want them too as well but there are priorities and there is a deadline.

This little exercise of mine was just sort of a reply to 10.3 design language and concepts which I called as not really thought through since the first leaked screenshots started appearing. Having a circle icons on top of the bar with more icons just eats up screen real estate especially on 1:1 devices. You have to get rid of the headers and footers or at least make them transparent when it comes to little 3" 1:1 screens. Having a footer bar disappear when you scroll is a good start but having two rectangle icons on the left and right just seems interrupted, they look like left over bricks. That is the reason why they should implemented circular icons instead and that's the reason why I did the same.
    Even the newest announced feature of two finger swipe down to bring up control center on any screen is just an after thought due to flawed concept implementation since the inception of the idea. Wouldn't be easier to have one side of the screen to call control center while other side of the screen to call application settings? Mark my words, two finger gesture will be used by 10% of the users cause its not intuitive enough and its just a patch for not doing enough heuristic testing when idea was transferred from PC screen to device screen. I agree its better to have that feature somehow than not have it at all but you avg. user will have no clue it's there cause she or he expects consistency and control center swipe could have been consistent unlike some other things that just can't be.

Don't want to comment on "flat" approach yet but it is shaping up to be the weakest part of the 10.3 and the weakest take on "flat" on the market.

But to give credits where credit is due camera app in 10.3 is just brilliant. Loosing camera/video switch, which is just one unnecessary obstacle to get the job done quickly, makes it look clean, simple and gets the job done faster. True its not gonna be easy for the first time users cause they expect to see the switch but its not unintuitive like two finger swipe down for control center either, it's more of an advanced feature that user will embrace and it will make sense to her or him after a while.
    menshawy likes this.
    05-07-14 10:10 AM
    I'm glad you like it, and it the end of the day that's what this exercise is all about - getting feedback.

BBRY haven't contacted me regarding this and they will not contact me because its already posted here for everybody to see. No matter how much we believe that any conglomerate company listens to its users the greatest changes come when they are ready for the complete redo and once again they will do it their own way. Being close to somebody who is a decision maker can have big impact on concept cause they will rather listen to you and not some people on forums. Don't worry most of the time product team is aware of 90% of the "missing features that users wants" and guess what? They want them too as well but there are priorities and there is a deadline.

This little exercise of mine was just sort of a reply to 10.3 design language and concepts which I called as not really thought through since the first leaked screenshots started appearing. Having a circle icons on top of the bar with more icons just eats up screen real estate especially on 1:1 devices. You have to get rid of the headers and footers or at least make them transparent when it comes to little 3" 1:1 screens. Having a footer bar disappear when you scroll is a good start but having two rectangle icons on the left and right just seems interrupted, they look like left over bricks. That is the reason why they should implemented circular icons instead and that's the reason why I did the same.
    Even the newest announced feature of two finger swipe down to bring up control center on any screen is just an after thought due to flawed concept implementation since the inception of the idea. Wouldn't be easier to have one side of the screen to call control center while other side of the screen to call application settings? Mark my words, two finger gesture will be used by 10% of the users cause its not intuitive enough and its just a patch for not doing enough heuristic testing when idea was transferred from PC screen to device screen. I agree its better to have that feature somehow than not have it at all but you avg. user will have no clue it's there cause she or he expects consistency and control center swipe could have been consistent unlike some other things that just can't be.

Don't want to comment on "flat" approach yet but it is shaping up to be the weakest part of the 10.3 and the weakest take on "flat" on the market.

But to give credits where credit is due camera app in 10.3 is just brilliant. Loosing camera/video switch, which is just one unnecessary obstacle to get the job done quickly, makes it look clean, simple and gets the job done faster. True its not gonna be easy for the first time users cause they expect to see the switch but its not unintuitive like two finger swipe down for control center either, it's more of an advanced feature that user will embrace and it will make sense to her or him after a while.
    Spoken like a true designer haha

I agree with you though. I love bb10 but it feels rushed in some instances
    05-07-14 11:33 AM
    Spoken like a true designer haha

I agree with you though. I love bb10 but it feels rushed in some instances
    No matter how flawed or rush it is, it's still the best mobile OS we have and it must not fail.

Frankly I would rather go back to Sony Ericsson G900 than touch any Android

... boy will I get flamed now or what
    05-07-14 01:32 PM
    No matter how flawed or rush it is, it's still the best mobile OS we have and it must not fail.

Frankly I would rather go back to Sony Ericsson G900 than touch any Android

... boy will I get flamed now or what
    Haha don't worry I've never used a Sony Ericsson so your safe.

But yeah I still love bb10! Just needs some refining on a major scale.
    05-07-14 03:53 PM
    Been Sony Ericsson loyal fan before, then Sony phones.. My first device after Sony is the Z10

It's really sad that BlackBerry didn't make good use of TAT while they had them, those guys they love BlackBerry and I'm sure they were so happy when BlackBerry approached them to make business together. And looking at their ideas and work from FIVE years ago, then you start to wonder where is their actual touch in BlackBerry 10? it's almost unrecognizable.. Pretty obvious being artists, they wanted their space for creation and pretty obvious BlackBerry denied them this leverage, or at least limited it. That's why they left one after another.

I don't say the UI of BlackBerry 10 is bad. I'm saying why they don't give the users the choice, and I'm not talking about black and white themes, I mean something like theme packs for example? today average BlackBerry 10 user is not a business man in black suit, jumping between airplanes. The average user now is me and you, people, youth, we like to please our eyes and have some choice when it comes to customizing the UI to suite our tastes.

Those guys of TAT, they had their significant touch making Samsung's TouchWiz and Samsung are the most sold Android phones nowadays perhaps. Isn't that a sign for the importance of the UI?

Xiaomi made their way into the big market through MIUI ROM which is totally customizable and looks beautiful. Isn't it the UI that got them there at the first place?

The eye is the first of our senses that reach for things. People who are thinking to buy a new phone, they check it out, they "look" at it. So why BlackBerry don't understand the importance of the first look?

I really wish they will reach for you Vladi or at least borrow some of your ideas, they are really great
    05-07-14 04:57 PM
    Been Sony Ericsson loyal fan before, then Sony phones.. My first device after Sony is the Z10

It's really sad that BlackBerry didn't make good use of TAT while they had them, those guys they love BlackBerry and I'm sure they were so happy when BlackBerry approached them to make business together. And looking at their ideas and work from FIVE years ago, then you start to wonder where is their actual touch in BlackBerry 10? it's almost unrecognizable.. Pretty obvious being artists, they wanted their space for creation and pretty obvious BlackBerry denied them this leverage, or at least limited it. That's why they left one after another.

I don't say the UI of BlackBerry 10 is bad. I'm saying why they don't give the users the choice, and I'm not talking about black and white themes, I mean something like theme packs for example? today average BlackBerry 10 user is not a business man in black suit, jumping between airplanes. The average user now is me and you, people, youth, we like to please our eyes and have some choice when it comes to customizing the UI to suite our tastes.

Those guys of TAT, they had their significant touch making Samsung's TouchWiz and Samsung are the most sold Android phones nowadays perhaps. Isn't that a sign for the importance of the UI?

Xiaomi made their way into the big market through MIUI ROM which is totally customizable and looks beautiful. Isn't it the UI that got them there at the first place?

The eye is the first of our senses that reach for things. People who are thinking to buy a new phone, they check it out, they "look" at it. So why BlackBerry don't understand the importance of the first look?

I really wish they will reach for you Vladi or at least borrow some of your ideas, they are really great
    Do you know that SE G900 comes with BBM and BIS apps preloaded from the factory? This is 2008 we are talking about! So BBM as an app existed outside of the BB phones long time ago.

BlackBerry Hub Reimagined-bbse.jpg

BlackBerry Hub Reimagined-bbse1.jpg
    05-08-14 08:51 AM
    Do you know that SE G900 comes with BBM and BIS apps preloaded from the factory? This is 2008 we are talking about! So BBM as an app existed outside of the BB phones long time ago.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bbse.jpg 
Views:	1352 
Size:	8.1 KB 
ID:	268599

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bbse1.jpg 
Views:	1351 
Size:	8.1 KB 
ID:	268600
    Wooah! I didn't know that.. And did it actually function as expected?
    05-08-14 12:47 PM
    I'm sorry but if your talking about modern designs using gradients kinda makes your argument Invalid for the the hub

Sent from the ocean using my waterproof Z10
    05-12-14 07:11 AM
    The layout looks to iphone-y to me.

Posted via CB10
    05-12-14 10:01 AM
    The layout looks to iphone-y to me.

Posted via CB10
    Don't forget windows phoney with those circular buttons at the bottom

Sent from the ocean using my waterproof Z10
    05-12-14 01:29 PM
    Wooah! I didn't know that.. And did it actually function as expected?
    It worked just fine! Im not sure if some features were missing or not but it was your BB service on Sony Ericsson.
    menshawy likes this.
    05-12-14 06:35 PM
    Love the Sony Ericsson!! I sold my Z10 (STL100-1) about three weeks ago and just yesterday received my white STL100-2 and preferred to use my K770i to a friend's iPhone 4. Yes, K770i Sony Ericsson definitely kicks iPhone 4 ***!

Posted via CB10
    05-14-14 12:17 AM
    I like it but also think the 10.3 hub is looking good as well. If anything it reminds me of webos which was the best of it's time without a doubt.

I do hate the menu bars being in the top left although i'm sure you could swipe from anywhere to get it. Just to far away and to much like android.

Posted via CB10
    05-15-14 01:15 PM
    I still want the D & R signs to be on the left. It makes it faster to view.
    05-17-14 09:24 AM
89 ... 234